How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?

How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 24-4-2016 at 10:41 PM, curmudgeonrose said:

- Axl's voice in general has been the greatest surprise. Most thought he had lost it, which would be normal due to so many years singing. And now he sounds better than ever.

Better than ever ??? Are you insane ???

• Like 4

I think it's really nice.  Can't really call myself a fan as such anymore and to be honest i don't care about new music or what they do or don't do and I am guilty to taking the piss out of them quite badly and i still maintain that there is something wonderfully ridiculous about them and what they do but...end of the day it is what it is, calling him a fat cunt or a ginger twat, there's no actual real malice in it and what i do feel is just like...yeah, good em.  Seeing them back together for me is like watching a new Clint Eastwood movie, one he's acting in I mean.  You kinda know in the back of your mind it ain't gonna be like...i dunno, it's gonna be different y'know?  Not like the Clint of old upon whom my affection was built...but it's kinda like meeting an old friend again for the first time in ages, it's just nice to see em doing well and in a better place.  Two mates getting over all that old bollocks and just getting on, it's a nice thing...and being someone who began listening to GnR since i was 11 I've sort of grown up with them, you gotta be a small man to not wish anything but the best for em, the old bastards :lol: God bless em.  And thats my feeling overall, even if i ain't 100% into the music.  And also, having been a member of this forum for about 13 odd years now I've been privvy to all the bitchiness and all that and, when it comes down to it, what endures is the art, the work.  And it's around that art that all this shit has been centred, almost sacrificed over personal quibbles.  Thats a sad thing, so it's nice to see that resolved and two men kinda getting on.  And honestly, Axls seems a lot less humpty in general since the reunion.  Like a castratee whoose woken up to find his donglers grown back.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, axlweave said:

I dont want the CD songs dropped I am enjoying how they sound, but i like all of GnR songs

3 or 4 of them is overkill though.. 

One or two is good enough and they could rotate which ones they play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

How can you dislike My World, seems to me like a humourous skit or something, it's too insubstantial to warrant any kind of dislike.

I always took it for what it was.. I don't hate it.. Sounds like they were smoking some weed and having fun.. They do take a big toke in the middle of it don't they?

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Even if it's a joke, it's rubbish. I deleted it from my iTunes library. :lol:

Admittedly it sounded a lot better when i was 12.  *gasp* girlies making sex noises, this ones a winner!  Y'know, now i think about it, he does say 'guess what I'm doing now' and there's no mention of a girl, I just presumed that by the tone of moan, that might've just been Axl rackin' one out now i think about it :lol:  Ugh, i feel so used!

• Like 1

I think it's great - a year ago I never would have thought I'd be seeing these guys (and gal) performing together, selling out stadiums, etc. So I'm pretty damn happy. My wallet isn't too happy right now, but it will recover.

For me, for it to be perfect, this "reunion" had to have a few more things on the table. But it has been great so far and I'm pleased with what I have seen. Hope they come to Brazil (and that I'm able to go and see them if they do!)

PROS:

- Axl is souding GREAT (at some points - emphasis on "some" - he sounds even better than in the "golden era" of 1987-1993 IMO)

- Duff and Slash are back (C'MON THAT'S AMAZING)

- They are acting like real pros until this point when it comes to the gig itself (no late appearances, little talk and more music)

- Melissa Reese (even thought I'm not a fan of a second keyboard player, she can sing really well and seems to be nice, which is good)

- The evolution of Frank Ferrer (he's not a great drummer yet, but we can't deny he had some growth with Duff and Slash on the table)

- The lack of promotion of the whole thing as a "reunion", which would REALLY piss off many fans. They didn't promise that Izzy and Steven would be there. They didn't even call this a reunion. They are not trying to rise our expectations to a point they can't meet them at all. 

- The fact that, given what we know about these guys, we know they are not doing it for the money (or, at least, not ONLY for money). They are really happy together. We can feel it!

CONS:

- The total absence (at least until this point) of Izzy and Steven as guests (which would make more sense if we consider the profile of these two guys)

- The lack of press conferences / interviews (even though I think that maybe they are keeping their mouth shut in order to save information for a documentary or something like that)

- The Broken Foot Incident

- No prospect of new music

Great.

I've been excited about it. I didn't look for streams of any nuGuns gigs playing, for example, because in the last few years I didn't pay as close attention to all the current happenings in Guns as I lost interest in that side of it.

Can't say the same about now. Get those few guys who seem to be missing to come out for at least a guest stint, release new music and it's bumped up to perfect. Not that I won't be fighting for a ticket if/when they come to Australia.