How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?

How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Suppose the difference between Guns and other bands are they have a bunch of bonafide hits and a lot of classic tracks that people know by now almost like hits. CD doesn't really have hits but it has potentially one or two classic tracks. But you really need hits to open people up to those potential classic songs. 

That's why I'm hoping Slash and Duff can write some hits for GNR and change the closed mindedness to the attendant album. It's such a waste of life to have so much work go unnoticed because of a particular line up. 

A new Guns album with Slash and Duff will be a good promotion regardless imo. Slash writes song ideas, riffs on the road. This is a plus as he can capture some good shit potentially while he's doing what he loves the most. (cash grabbing)

It will also be a chance for Slash and Duff to be a part of a Guns album for the first time in 25 years. It's that sort of thing that makes Slash put some feeling into it as well as just being in a band with Axl again, but without the bitter baggage on both sides it seems which shows imo that there is a chance for a trilogy of albums in 2020.

Edited by Rovim

5 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Personally, I do not believe, in the general public, that ANY guitar player is guns' credible, recognised  lead guitar player, apart from Slash.

It seems to me that your putting Buckethead and Finck on the same level in guns in terms of importance in the second half of your post. Which is just crazy. Perhaps that's not how you feel, but it's how I interpreted it.

No, I don't think they are as important to the history of GnR as Slash or Izzy. But, I do think they were important to the continuation of GnR.

Also, don't know how you misinterpreted that?. Think I made it clear that Slash is the main man, always was, always will be! But he quit and material was written without him and that material has been digested, and some like it a lot. So when he comes in and changes things, for SOME it's a similar feeling to when Bumble changed the yesterday's solo, or Finck went off on the sweet child solo (bad idea finck!).

We love the original, and like to hear it the way we've come to know it but every once in a while something cool can come out if going off script. Bumble did a nice fretless solo on yesterday's at one of the nights for example, keeping the vibe but changing not selection etc, etc.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

A new Guns album with Slash and Duff will be a good promotion regardless imo. Slash writes song ideas, riffs on the road. This is a plus as he can capture some good shit potentially while he's doing what he loves the most.

It will also be a chance for Slash and Duff to be a part of a Guns album for the first time in 25 years. It's that sort of thing that makes Slash put some feeling into it as well as just being in a band with Axl again, but without the bitter baggage on both sides it seems which shows imo that there is a chance for a trilogy of albums in 2020.

I feel like they can't come back and just tour for cash. It wouldn't be right. I hope anyway. But nobody seems to be mentioning it so I thought I'd bring it up just in case anyone cares.