How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?

How are we feeling about the "reunion" so far?  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we're out of GNR shows until June, I figured it may be an appropriate time to take the temperature on how we're collectively feeling about the "reunion." And yes I know it's not a full reunion, nor is it being billed that way by the band, but the word will have to suffice for these purposes.

Anyway, not really looking for long winded argumentation or debate here (though I'm sure that will happen anyway), just curious to see the poll results.

Disclaimer: I have no formal training in polling, so I basically just followed a 7 point Likert scale, and tried to make the options simple and lacking specific description so as to not color/influence opinions and voting decisions. 

I voted a bit disappointed.I mean it's good to have Slash and Duff back and Axl is singing good with energy but I feel it could be more after all these years.

Axl should be at the top of his form and at least Izzy should be part of this reunion because he's the cofounder of GN'R and an important element in the process of songwriting. I don't particularly like Ferrer and Fortus and I think some new songs is a must but let's see what is going to happen

• Like 3

Because I personally thought I would never see Slash and Axl ever share the same stage I think it's great so far.The broken foot does put a bit of damper on it though.For me personally it's what they do with this going forward though.I really want new music more then anything .Seeing them live together for the first time in 20 plus years was great and all but I want to hear if they can recreate sone of that magic from their first 4 albums.

Mixed feelings. Lineup with lots of potential but I don't think they have fully realized it yet, especially the interaction bwteen Richard and Slash. I like that there is one less guitarist. Axl is in good shape. Love the setlists, I hope they keep playing deep cuts and surprise us. Cool to see Axl and Slash back together -- surreal even. Not too happy with Slash's take on CD songs, but it is still early days, and I am also a bit underwhelm with his playing. Would like some more more overall ferocity in the shows, from all of them. Just bring some menace back into it, since we are on a nostalgia trip :)

I would also like if they would invite some former members to guest at future shows. Would be cool to see Izzy play on some songs, and Finck, and Brain, etc.

All in all, although this wasn't what I ideally wanted, I am in general content and cautiously optimistic for the rest of the tour.

• Like 2

Considering my own exceptions and the obstacles the last 20 odd years (we had people HATING each other) I consider this perfect.

You have to see it live to really see that if in any doubt.

I had chills for the entire show. I'm still shocked this has all come together. 

Edited by Slaayer
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Since we're out of GNR shows until June, I figured it may be an appropriate time to take the temperature on how we're collectively feeling about the "reunion." And yes I know it's not a full reunion, nor is it being billed that way by the band, but the word will have to suffice for these purposes.

How do you know that the band isn't billing this as a "reunion" tour when this tour hasn't been spoken about by the band? I'm just curious ..

Also, I'm glad that Slash & Duff are back, but I hope that Izzy & Steven replace Richard and Frank at some point soon.

Edited by Gun Shy Assassin

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Great, would be perfect with Izzy and Steven in guest spots.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I'm voting awful tho because it's 2016 and this is the Internet therefore someone has to argue just for kicks. 

20 minutes ago, Gun Shy Assassin said:

How do you know that the band isn't billing this as a "reunion" tour when this tour hasn't been spoken about by the band? I'm just curious ..

" Following months of intense rumor, speculation and feverish excitement from rock music fans around the world, Guns N' Roses confirmed today they will embark on a massive North American summer stadium tour as founder Axl Rose and former members, Slash and Duff McKagan regroup for what will be one of the century's most anticipated musical events."

No mention of the world "reunion". In fact, they seem to deliberately make a point of it being a regrouping and not a reunion. So based on the fact that they have never called it a reunion, and calls it other things, we can say they aren't billing it as a reunion :shrugs:

Here is the definition of the word "reunion": an instance of two or more people coming together again after a period of separation.

Did this happen .. yes or no? No BS play on words .. does the word "reunion" fit what actually happened? Let's be real, they aren't selling a stadium tour in 2016 because the band has evolved.

• Like 1

I think it's been great and one hell of a ride so far. I can't complain about how the band is sounding so far a lot of good performances. It's taking me back to the illusion days and to top it all off we got Coma :headbang:  Obviously it would be great to see Adler and Izzy up there even for a few songs. I believe the story about Adler and his back and I think we'll see him on the US tour. If I'm going to be picky then Fortus mix being louder than Slash's annoyed me but it seemed better in Mexico and the songs are a bit quick. I don't see Axl on the chair as a bad thing I mean look at the pictures we're seeing. We're getting a better sense of how well they're getting on through it. I can't wait for Axl to be on his feet again I just hope the vocals don't suffer.

30 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Good so far. If we get some new studio material released in the near future, I'll bump that grade to great.

My exact reasoning as well. It's cool to see Slash and Duff back but would it have hurt them to work on one or two of Axl's unreleased songs for this tour? Not that much has changed really. Also the total lack of interviews feels suspect. I wonder if this lineup has any future at all once this nostalgia tour is done with.

• Like 1

I'm really happy with it. Axl's voice could be a bit better in places but he's putting more effort in than any shows from 2011-14. Would like to see Izzy and Adler guest for some songs, maybe even Finck and Bucket at some point. New material would blow my mind. I'm not too fussed about playing more deep cuts from older albums, current selection of songs from them is basically everything I want to hear from them.

But overall, just happy to see Axl and Slash share a stage together again, never thought that would happen. Pleasantly surprised to see Slash tackle CD songs, especially TWAT, will lose my shit if they play that in Toronto.

For me it has been beyond perfect. It makes me feel like I died and I'm in heaven. Just go back to a couple years ago and ask yourselves if you ever thought you would witness this:

- Axl, Slash & Duff back together

- Pitman out and replaced by a beautiful and talented girl

- Coma in the setlist and Axl and the band nailing the song to perfection

- Slash & Duff playing Chinese Democracy, Better, This I Love & There Was A Time

- Axl's voice in general has been the greatest surprise. Most thought he had lost it, which would be normal due to so many years singing. And now he sounds better than ever.

Lots of credit to Richard for saying last year that 2016 would be a big year for GnR. He was definitely right.

And also a shout out to the livestreamers & periscopers for allowing the world to witness these events. I love you Fede & others.

• Like 4

Really great, almost perfect. Those who doubt Richard's playing and writing talent should listen to the Dead Daisies second album, Mexico. There are some stellar tracks on there that would not be out of place on a new "reunion" GnR. Plus he's a great performer.