Rumored Concert Date Thread

13 hours ago, lukeaxl said:

Has anyone been to Wembley for a concert. I went to Eminem a few years ago and couldn't hear a thing. 

The speakers were shocking. People all over Twitter were wanting a refund 

no audio problems in 2009 for U2 :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scooby845 said:

ACDC are only doing major countries...there's like 30 more that need to be covered in GnR itinerary.. Guns toured Europe in 2010 over 2 months... Even if its possible, it's too much of an effort to tour extensively without breaks between the legs...

Well you're certainly right....extensively could not be done.  But, they could major countries like AC/DC is doing now and then return next summer for a bit more of an extensive tour at smaller venues.

who knows what they're gonna do really!

1 minute ago, Eddie Money said:

I apologize for the delay.  Mrs. Money and I have been following the AC/DC tour.  I'm hearing that the golden Guns N' Roses weekend for Londoners will be the weekend of 22 October.  I've spent time in London around Halloween and it is quite lovely actually.  That year, I caught an Alice Cooper Halloween show at the Alexandra Palace north of the city.  See you there.  

Any word on an opener? 

32 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I apologize for the delay.  Mrs. Money and I have been following the AC/DC tour.  I'm hearing that the golden Guns N' Roses weekend for Londoners will be the weekend of 22 October.  I've spent time in London around Halloween and it is quite lovely actually.  That year, I caught an Alice Cooper Halloween show at the Alexandra Palace north of the city.  See you there.  

Will the weather in late October be warm enough for stadiums?

Isnt that also around the time nfl is in London...

Imo thats way too late for a gig outside in London. Usual weather is rain, wind and about 10-13c...pretty unpleasent to be out in id have thought. Pretty rare to be above 18C and at night time those temps could easily be a fair bit lower again.  

Still id take a gig, its close enough to my birthday to have it as a present.

Edited by koldweather

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

Will the weather in late October be warm enough for stadiums?

Bring a light jacket I'd say. London is warmer than most of the UK but even still.. in October it could be a late heat wave or it could be early winter.

Thanks @Eddie Money for the news. I'll start planning now. :D

13 hours ago, sparka said:

I was at that show... couldn't believe I spent £90 on the ticket. Sound was awful! I think with Wembley it depends on where you stand/sit.. Closer to the stage the better otherwise you get a mix of the actual sound and an echo/reverb off the back of the stadium. Although I was at Ed Sheeran last summer and the sound was a lot better, so maybe they've been working on it.

Stadiums are no place for rap concerts.. Eminem can't really produce the same sound as ACDC or guns in a live setting. 

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

It'll  be bleedin freezing by then!! Surely it'll be an arena show? Axl will come on stage in that bloody fur coat he used to wear with the yellow rainbow on top:shocked:

Isn't there a retractable roof?  The date doesn't make sense to me either. 

Only partial for the seated areas, it won't cover the whole stadium. Strikes me as a very odd date to do things, I went to the NFL at Wembley last year around the same time, we actually had quite a warm (be our standards!) October but even so by sbout 6pm it was getting pretty chilly and foogy outside...

Still it'd be a good excuse for Axl to don those thousand leather jackets again!

12 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I'm new here and maybe i'm little stupid but who are you? And how valid are your sources? No disrespect man.:lol:

10 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

Yes there is I forgot about that. That would make that date more of a possibility. 

It is only partially retractable, it doesn't cover the whole pitch. It will be freezing in October.

10 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:
20 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Ah well  I thought it was the same as the Cardiff millennium stadium. 3 layers of clothes it would be then :lol:

You would think that the amount of money spent on Wembley they would have had a roof like Cardiff.

Wear your thermals and more!☺

• Like 1

On 14-5-2016 at 3:43 AM, janrichmond said:

It'll  be bleedin freezing by then!! Surely it'll be an arena show? Axl will come on stage in that bloody fur coat he used to wear with the yellow rainbow on top:shocked:

I'd like to see that !!! and still they will sell out the show !!!!!!!