Rumored Concert Date Thread

*crossing fingers*

Germany's geostrategic position has proven disatrous in military and political ways more than once in the last centuries, but it's perfect for multiple short flights to numerous GNR shows throughout Europe. :D

Excited! Although surely they may just do a 'teaser' o2 show at that time of year? I've also heard separately from a few people that they will be headlining Download in 2017 too (not proven sources I may add).

Can tell you there is ZERO chance of GnR (or any one) playing a UK stadium as late as October 22nd. My (optimistic) guess would be something like a 4 date residency at the O2 arena around that time, it's a 20,000 capacity arena after all. Otherwise we'll have to wait for stadiums/festivals in summer 2017. Which sucks...

• Like 4

On May 14, 2016 at 6:12 AM, DexAxl said:

I'm new here and maybe i'm little stupid but who are you? And how valid are your sources? No disrespect man.:lol:

@Eddie Money has been our most reliable source of info around here. Whoever his sources are, every single damn thing Money has told us has come to pass in some form or another. We basically had the entire tour itinerary before it was officially announced thanks to this dude. So nonsense though these Wembley rumors may be, at this point we've seen enough to know that there is truth to that being the behind-the-scenes plan at this moment. 

Thank you Eddie by take care us. This insider is better than the old one.

32 minutes ago, axlslash said:

@Eddie Money has been our most reliable source of info around here. Whoever his sources are, every single damn thing Money has told us has come to pass in some form or another. We basically had the entire tour itinerary before it was officially announced thanks to this dude. So nonsense though these Wembley rumors may be, at this point we've seen enough to know that there is truth to that being the behind-the-scenes plan at this moment. 

Thank you Eddie by take care us. This insider is better than the old one.

That's not totally true.  More true than not, for sure...but he has had some misses.  However, I do feel that is bc the situation changed and not bc he had bad Intel :)

30 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That's not totally true.  More true than not, for sure...but he has had some misses.  However, I do feel that is bc the situation changed and not bc he had bad Intel :)

That's what I meant by "in some form or another." Things have changed, but he's usually told us they were changing before the official announcement. And where he hasn't, he's had cogent explanations most of the time. Basically, any time he's been wrong it's been in a way that's preserved his credibility. So he's either reliable, or he is without a doubt the greatest info-pirate I have ever seen.

I agree with a few in this thread i really can't see them being in EU till 2017 there last U.S show is 22nd Aug they would have to come straight to EU & most bands would take a month out or at least few wks out as they cross the pond.

And we dont know when these U.S dates with DC i would have thought he will do them 10 Arena dates after 22nd Aug it makes sense as he will be already in the U.S obviously.

It doesn't leave much time for us in the EU 2017 looks way more likely 

1 hour ago, Caraibes said:

BIG rumour here in France : July 2017, Guns N' Roses at Stade De France (Paris)

It's the biggest stadium in France, 80.000 seats. It's huge.

Fuck yeah.. Coldplay in the first image... I would expect a GnR reunion to yield more dates on Stade de France right? I mean Coldplay and Muse played 2 or 3 dates back to back... right?

What's the second concert/image ?

Edited by scooby845

I wish they would play smaller venues, arenas. The idea of paying a second mortgage on a seat from which the stage looks the size of a postage stamp is not a very appealing one and will probably persuade me to not bother.

• Like 4

On 5/12/2016 at 10:10 PM, lukeaxl said:

Has anyone been to Wembley for a concert. I went to Eminem a few years ago and couldn't hear a thing. 

The speakers were shocking. People all over Twitter were wanting a refund 

I was at Wembley for ACDC last year & the sound was outstanding..!!!! 

• Like 2

I too saw Acca Dacca at Wembley last year and before that in 2009. 

Of course it's gonna sound somewhat cavernous considering the size of the place and the acoustics that come with that. 

Anyhow... this "golden weekend" as Eddie Money put it, could really go ahead it seems whether at the O2 or Wembley as both venues are free.

I thought the NFL was taking over that weekend, at least at Wembley, but turns out that weekend's game is at Twickenham stadium!

Bring it on as I don't think I can really wait until next bloody summer after all!

London is the band's spiritual home in more ways than one so to see them put in the effort to play dates here before the end of the year would be the icing on an already busy year of big time gigs for me!

20 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Where is this rumour coming from!?

It comes from Francis Zegut, a well known musical journalist here in France. he's been a musical journalist for more than 30 years. He is reliable.

He says nothing is confirmed yet but the rumour is strong. He works at RTL 2, wich is one of the biggest french radiostation in the country.

RTL2 sponsorised every Guns N' Roses show in France, even the 1992 Paris show at Hyppodrôme de Vincennes.

You may have seen him already, he looks like ZZ Top!

ZEGUT.jpg

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

It comes from Francis Zegut, a well known musical journalist here in France. he's been a musical journalist for more than 30 years. He is reliable.

He says nothing is confirmed yet but the rumour is strong. He works at RTL 2, wich is one of the biggest french radiostation in the country.

RTL2 sponsorised every Guns N' Roses show in France, even the 1992 Paris show at Hyppodrôme de Vincennes.

You may have seen him already, he looks like ZZ Top!

ZEGUT.jpg

This is the same guy who basically said any big name in the book (AC/DC, Bon Jovi, GNR, Metallica) would be playing at Hellfest, so I'm not getting my hopes up on this guy. If you scream out <random act touring at the moment> at <random venue or festival> you're bound to get some right eventually.

I got my hopes set for 2017 for EU they will want 2/3 months in EU the demand will be massive as said they end 22nd Aug few wks out thats mid Sep already no way would they come here just for few weeks in EU & our weather will be getting darker & colder by the second.

I can't see them doing Arenas i know UK has some good size Arenas but the demand will be too big they know that we know that.

44 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I got my hopes set for 2017 for EU they will want 2/3 months in EU the demand will be massive as said they end 22nd Aug few wks out thats mid Sep already no way would they come here just for few weeks in EU & our weather will be getting darker & colder by the second.

I can't see them doing Arenas i know UK has some good size Arenas but the demand will be too big they know that we know that.

Unless they surprise us with a little run at the O2 in London, then I don't think Wembley is an option in October either. 

It makes more sense for them to wait until next year when they can fit festivals in too. 

These rumours might be from dates that were lined up before the whole AC/DC thing, and now they have to fit around rescheduling for their US tour. Crazy, Axl would make a ton more money with gnr lol. He must love AC/DC a whole lot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

To be honest fans, I'm not fucking with you but my source has been slightly upset with my leaks so I'm not as confident as I was out of the gate with the US Summer dates.  My Dallas date changed due to AC/DC scheduling and a couple other things got screwed up but I've never brought you wrong information intentionally.  You also heard it first from me that the Chinese Democracy songs were being played (a lot of you laughed at me then!).  I'm doing what I can to get you the information you want.  The truth is that this operation isn't the most organized outfit and I doubt Axl's interest in being a part of AC/DC hasn't made things easy on those planning the tour.  Like all of you, I'm a huge fan who likes to go to as many shows as possible and I want the info before everyone else - it's much easier and can be less expensive if you're booking flights and hotels before 70,000 other people who may be flooding a city for a concert. 

You have my support sir. You've literally called it all. I think people get what you've said some just had a hard time digesting the Chinese material but oh we'll for them.. CD is a great record and it's cool that they're not throwing it all away. 

28 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

To be honest fans, I'm not fucking with you but my source has been slightly upset with my leaks so I'm not as confident as I was out of the gate with the US Summer dates.  My Dallas date changed due to AC/DC scheduling and a couple other things got screwed up but I've never brought you wrong information intentionally.  You also heard it first from me that the Chinese Democracy songs were being played (a lot of you laughed at me then!).  I'm doing what I can to get you the information you want.  The truth is that this operation isn't the most organized outfit and I doubt Axl's interest in being a part of AC/DC hasn't made things easy on those planning the tour.  Like all of you, I'm a huge fan who likes to go to as many shows as possible and I want the info before everyone else - it's much easier and can be less expensive if you're booking flights and hotels before 70,000 other people who may be flooding a city for a concert. 

Thank you for all the information you have given us - it's very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Don't risk your friendships, man. You've done SO much for us with all of your info, and we appreciate it. Tell us what you can, keep quiet what you can't. Just don't be Eddie Trunk and tell us every single time you know something we don't :lol: