Rumored Concert Date Thread

23 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Who is AJ and why would he/she know that dates are down?  I'm hoping they are :-)

He's a major promoter in Oz, used to run Soundwave festival (assuming you've heard of it as an Aussie fan of decent music :)) so I guess he has the inside scoop. 

Not the greatest businessman it would seem given Soundwave's demise haha, but he's always been pretty transparent with fans and will answer most questions you tweet him. I've followed him for years and if you ask whether or not a band is coming soon he seems to respond pretty truthfully without  compromising any official announcements. I asked him about Guns a while back and he said First Quarter 2017. Then someone else asked him a while later and he said January 2017.

Edited by cremefraiche

On 18 July 2016 at 2:00 PM, cremefraiche said:

He's a major promoter in Oz, used to run Soundwave festival (assuming you've heard of it as an Aussie fan of decent music :)) so I guess he has the inside scoop. 

Not the greatest businessman it would seem given Soundwave's demise haha, but he's always been pretty transparent with fans and will answer most questions you tweet him. I've followed him for years and if you ask whether or not a band is coming soon he seems to respond pretty truthfully without  compromising any official announcements. I asked him about Guns a while back and he said First Quarter 2017. Then someone else asked him a while later and he said January 2017.

Ok cool. Yep been to a few Soundwaves here in Brisbane and they were awesome. FNM were probably my favourite, next to Slash of course!  Alice in Chains, Iron Maiden were all brilliant but really too many to mention. And yeah I know the story of this guy that was the promoter and a bit about how it eventually failed. Very disappointing really considering it was the best festival for hard rock/metal and it seemed to get huge crowds. Can you ask this AJ guy if he is directly involved in bringing them out???

6 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Ok cool. Yep been to a few Soundwaves here in Brisbane and they were awesome. FNM were probably my favourite, next to Slash of course!  Alice in Chains, Iron Maiden were all brilliant but really too many to mention. And yeah I know the story of this guy that was the promoter and a bit about how it eventually failed. Very disappointing really considering it was the best festival for hard rock/metal and it seemed to get huge crowds. Can you ask this AJ guy if he is directly involved in bringing them out???

Someone else did a while back and he said he wasn't, but that dates had pretty much been in discussions since just before the troubador show

Feb is too far away, but if I would know the dates for Japan then at least I would start looking and booking for the hotels there and would even book the plane tickets as its a little cheap when you book in advance. 

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

For $400 - $500NZD how close to the stage do you think that'll be?

$500NZD is $352USD, really good tickets are very unlikely to cost more than that, right?

Yeah, based on my experience at stadium shows plus the demand for GnR down under, i'd say GA will be split in to two sections, with a smaller one right up the front that might cost 350nzd-ish per ticket. Similar thing happened when Eminem played Western Springs a few years back. 

Also, one thing that made me ponder the legitimacy is that a) if it was indeed from the official facebook page then yes as someone above already commented it looks a bit amatuerish

but b) I don't know if the promoters would have the only two NZ gigs in the North Island (i.e Auckland and Wellington). It's obviously happened before with other bands, but I think the only way to sell out Western Springs, or any NZ gig, would be to either make Auckland the only stop on the tour or have them play Christchurch or Dunedin as well in the South Island

6 hours ago, Kearnsy said:

Hopefully Im wrong, but this looks fake compared to the previous announcments. Font dosent look right.

I agree, however several people have reported seeing this on official Guns N Roses social media.

On 7/26/2016 at 3:20 PM, Slash787 said:

Well I hope they announce the dates soon.

Can't wait for Japan....

I've been meaning to go to Japan for about 17 years now, as soon as dates are announced I've got to get a ticket.

7 hours ago, Amir said:

I've been meaning to go to Japan for about 17 years now, as soon as dates are announced I've got to get a ticket.

For me at the moment its like 50-50, but I will at least book refundable hotels once I get the dates.

I usually save up for my birthday and the summer break, this year I went to Russia and Amsterdam, Last year I went to Singapore and Hong Kong.

So well it takes me time to save money, so I hope Im able to go and some douchebag stole $500 from my bank, I don't even know If I will get that money back.

So at the moment I will try my level best to go there. 

28 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

For me at the moment its like 50-50, but I will at least book refundable hotels once I get the dates.

I usually save up for my birthday and the summer break, this year I went to Russia and Amsterdam, Last year I went to Singapore and Hong Kong.

So well it takes me time to save money, so I hope Im able to go and some douchebag stole $500 from my bank, I don't even know If I will get that money back.

So at the moment I will try my level best to go there. 

where do you live now?