Rumored Concert Date Thread

16 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience 

my budget for the tickets is 400USD. I know where you are coming from cause OZ has a big gnr fan base. So its better to take no chances

im still having 2 minds about the nightrain membership. I just dont have extra 45USD to throw it away. That money could be used for transport/food etc etc while im in Japan. So well lets hope for the best

I'm now back in Sydney and I see nightrain presale and VIP go on sale tomorrow.  In San Fransisco I was first in line at 3pm, gates opened at 5:30pm.  Yes I stood there for 2.5 hrs waiting.  While waiting I watched at the VIP people enter through their private door at 3pm.  I was fucking jealous.  When doors opened at 5:30 I got through security and ran to the pit.  The entire Slash side was already taken! I was pissed so I just went over to duff side and got the rail. Yay best spot as Slash moved a lot and he even pocked his tough out at me - see my video below. 

So tomorrow I think I will just buy VIP Pit tickets, so I get the rail slash side.  Holding your spot for 5hrs was hard. They played at 8pm. 

Here's me screaming my head off. I will upload Coma and Nov rain soon. 

1 hour ago, ADR said:

Would it be worth grabbing a Nightrain membership for presale or just wait it out for general public sale? Anyone with past experiences be able to shed some light for me?

I thought the NT presale was awful. I bought tickets the second it started for the Orlando show and ended up with seats all the way in the back lower level. Then when the general sale started I bought two more tickets, this time lower level much closer to the stage. I sold my original on TM for face value and lost the service charge fees. But, I really wanted pit. 11 days before the Philly show I checked tickemster and they had Pit! I bought those pit tickets and flew to Philly. Well, after being in the pit in Philly there was no way I couldn't be in the pit for Orlando. I checked everyday for pit tickets on Ticketmaster and nothing until about 5 days before the show,just for a second, 2 tix popped up and I grabbed them. I wanted to sell or trade off the two I bought in the resale, I listed them face value but no one bought them. The day of the show I tried to transfer them to someone on here for some shirts but they took down the transfer link before the show so I lost almost $600 on those tickets after fees. Moral of the story: do what it takes to get pit tickets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyles said:

I'm now back in Sydney and I see nightrain presale and VIP go on sale tomorrow.  In San Fransisco I was first in line at 3pm, gates opened at 5:30pm.  Yes I stood there for 2.5 hrs waiting.  While waiting I watched at the VIP people enter through their private door at 3pm.  I was fucking jealous.  When doors opened at 5:30 I got through security and ran to the pit.  The entire Slash side was already taken! I was pissed so I just went over to duff side and got the rail. Yay best spot as Slash moved a lot and he even pocked his tough out at me - see my video below. 

So tomorrow I think I will just buy VIP Pit tickets, so I get the rail slash side.  Holding your spot for 5hrs was hard. They played at 8pm. 

Here's me screaming my head off. I will upload Coma and Nov rain soon. 

Awesome dude! Sounds like you had a great time. I don't think you'll have that same problem with the Australian shows though, as I imagine any 'pit' will just be to divide the crowd on the floor for safety reasons so will be much bigger than the pits in the states

4 minutes ago, Ecocide said:

I thought the NT presale was awful. I bought tickets the second it started for the Orlando show and ended up with seats all the way in the back lower level. Then when the general sale started I bought two more tickets, this time lower level much closer to the stage. I sold my original on TM for face value and lost the service charge fees. But, I really wanted pit. 11 days before the Philly show I checked tickemster and they had Pit! I bought those pit tickets and flew to Philly. Well, after being in the pit in Philly there was no way I couldn't be in the pit for Orlando. I checked everyday for pit tickets on Ticketmaster and nothing until about 5 days before the show,just for a second, 2 tix popped up and I grabbed them. I wanted to sell or trade off the two I bought in the resale, I listed them face value but no one bought them. The day of the show I tried to transfer them to someone on here for some shirts but they took down the transfer link before the show so I lost almost $600 on those tickets after fees. Moral of the story: do what it takes to get pit tickets. 

The same bullshit happened to me, I tried for several weeks to get pit tickets. The only way I could buy one for San Fran was to pay Stubhub $400 USD. Ticketmaster had none for sale, only seats yet Stubhub had a shitload of Pit tickets. 

Just so everyone knows at the San Fran concert, the girl next to me was not allowed to bring her GoPro in or pepper spray (Aus doesn't have this so no worries). I was allowed to bring in my compact camera in. DSL cameras are not allowed. 

9 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Awesome dude! Sounds like you had a great time. I don't think you'll have that same problem with the Australian shows though, as I imagine any 'pit' will just be to divide the crowd on the floor for safety reasons so will be much bigger than the pits in the states

Ok that makes sense. It was just one rather small pit in SF 

2 hours ago, cremefraiche said:

I'm not 100% yet, still early days and I'd like to hold out a little bit of hope for an NZ date as I'm spending a lot of money going to the U.S in october and am extremely broke atm haha. 

I will make it to Sydney at the very least if they don't play NZ, but hopefully I'll be seeing them in Auckland :)

I want pit tickets, however now that oz is announced and not NZ, i know I need to get in quick and I'm unsure if I should buy Sydney tickets, or wait for the Nz announcement, (if Nz is even going to be announced at all),??????? 

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I want pit tickets, however now that oz is announced and not NZ, i know I need to get in quick and I'm unsure if I should buy Sydney tickets, or wait for the Nz announcement, (if Nz is even going to be announced at all),??????? 

A GNR news site posted Japan and Australia dates today, with NZ at the end with a venue to be confirmed. I also asked the TEG Dainty facebook page if I should book tix for OZ or wait for NZ, and they said  "Any new announcements will be on our website and social media ;) " 

I am in the same boat as you, but these things have got me holding out for an NZ announcement now

6 hours ago, Slash787 said:

It makes sense as the first OZ show is starting from 7th Feb, but the weird thing is that why din't they announce the NZ tour with it?

When I was told yesterday (30 mins before I posted here) they said announced next Monday

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Few weeks im saying mid end September..!!!

Nah, If they're doing festivals as well I dont really expect anything untill December. Its only a few months ahead every time. I think the largest gap is with the Aussie dates now, announce mid August, shows end February. 6 1/2 months. 

I dont see them playing Europe before end May, so that would mean early in November at best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Are you in EU as i thought you was over Japan way you talking mate..??

Im not in EU nor Im in Japan. But I was planning to go to Japan and was interested in the dates so I could book my flight tickets and hotels, but now the problem is that in order to buy the show tickets for Japan, you need to have a Japanese Credit Card and I don't have that. 

A big thanks to @aliexpress, @cremefraiche @Amir and others for helping me out and putting up with my crap. I know I can be annoying, but thanks for updating, I was waiting for the Japan shows since a long time, but sadly it seems its not possible,  I have my fingers crossed that something works out, but well it seems Europe will be the best option for me. Whenever I plan, something has to go wrong.

I hope in Europe they do solo shows and not every show is a Festival. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

A big thanks to @aliexpress, @cremefraiche @Amir and others for helping me out and putting up with my crap. I know I can be annoying, but thanks for updating, I was waiting for the Japan shows since a long time, but sadly it seems its not possible,  I have my fingers crossed that something works out, but well it seems Europe will be the best option for me. Whenever I plan, something has to go wrong.

I hope in Europe they do solo shows and not every show is a Festival. 

Very welcome dude.

I'm sure at the very least there will be some huge standalone show(s) in Europe somewhere. Wembley maybe?

Hope you get to see them soon mate! :)

• Like 4