Rumored Concert Date Thread

4 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Probably the same reason they dont play iran

There is censorship in both the places, but China has been open more to the western Culture. 

Iran is a great country too, I always wanted to go there too, but I guess it will take more time for them to accept stuff. Things have been better recently after the US removed many sanctions.

43 minutes ago, Calcy said:

Has there been any rumours for a European tour next year? Guessing it'll be April onwards based on the dates already confirmed. Hoping for some UK shows!

Europe/UK will happen next year, but it will be during May or After May. Not in April. 

I have a feeling of June/July. But it could start from mid May. 

26 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

They (nuguns) played China b4, think it was HK.

They played Hong Kong in 2002, then Taiwan in 2009 (if Taiwan counts). I guess they could play Taiwan again but seeing as ChiDem is banned by the PRC I can't see another HK gig happening.

Edited by Amir
sp

1 minute ago, Amir said:

They played Hong Kong in 2002, then Taiwan in 2009 (if Taiwan counts). I guess they could play Taiwan again but seeing as ChiDem is banned by the PRC I can't see another HK gig happening.

I guess they can still play in Hong Kong and Macau, but as CD got banned, they won't be allowed in Beijing or Shanghai. 

43 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

They (nuguns) played China b4, think it was HK.

Hong Kong isn't really considered part of China when it comes to concerts; neither is Macau. Essentially, since those aren't part of mainland China they have their own jurisdiction over censorship/lack thereof for concerts. Mainland China is much stricter when it comes to concerts, both in terms of acts who are allowed to play, and the content of approved artists. Artists that may be denied for mainland China may still be approved for Macau or Hong Kong.

I went to China this year for Maiden's first two gigs ever in China, and the whole process from the announcement up through the gig was quite an experience. First of all, this isn't the first time Maiden has tried to play China; they were denied in both 2007 and 2009. The gigs were announced in mid-late January (I remember well because my birthday was the cut-off date I set for myself that if China wasn't announced, I'd do South Africa instead). Before tickets even went on sale, the government put up on a Beijing government website the setlist the band had requested to play. This was still a month before the tour even started, so a lot of people (Myself included) were really upset to have the setlist spoiled for us like that. Tickets went on sale at the end of January, extremely smooth process, possibly the easiest international ticket-buying experience I've ever had (Complete opposite of Japan, if any of you have read my Japan story in the Japan thread). 

Fast forward to April when the gigs are about to happen, absolutely nothing else exciting happened in between. Several of us were talking to Maiden's video guy walking into the venue in Beijing (After he asked us to take out our flags for the video blog, and we immediately got them confiscated...), and he said that they'd only actually got the approval to play and the setlist approval an hour earlier, and this was with an hour and a half until show time. They'd also puled the plug on the opening act inexplicably at 3 PM or so that day - oddly, they were still allowed to play in Shanghai though. Anyways, the vibe he gave us was pretty much "Well, we've been approved to play, but we don't really know how far the show will actually go". The show ended up going great, but every in the band seemed pretty nervous. In the end, relatively little had to change; the big things were no pyro, Bruce couldn't swear (Which he had a lot of fun with the second night in Shanghai), and they couldn't use the Union Jack for The Trooper. There was one moment where Bruce altered a lyric slightly and everyone on the internet started screaming "Oh, censorship! It's terrible these guys are playing China!" :rolleyes: Bruce changed the line in Powerslave from "Tell me why I had to be a powerslave" to "Tell me why I had to be a wicker man", but someone asked Rod about it in Shanghai and he said Bruce did it as a joke for the crew, because the rest of the band had prepared to play The Wicker Man in case Powerslave didn't get approved. 

Anyways, I thought that might be interesting since people are talking about the potential for them to play China. Personally, I don't see it happening for GN'R, but who knows - I never really expected Maiden to play China either.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, scooby845 said:

They should do Korea or Taiwan... I feel bad for China though.... There's 1.6 billion of them - surely there's a lots of GnR fans over there and they never get to see them... Why Guns never tour China???????

Gnr is currently banned from china. 

1- because of the álbum title (cd)

2- when chinese promoters tried to take gnr there, axl was asked to " drop off" some songs . axl answer was "not in a million years".  ( the stones actually did cut some songs from their regular catalogue to play there. Wich i think is the less rock n roll move of all time.  Total shame on them)

So yes, currently gnr is banned from china .  and that includes gnr records. So were talking a lot of years of record and merchandisin sales in the most crowded country on the planet ( gnr sales numbers could be easyly a lot bigger ). 

When cd was about to be released, some chinese important people asked axl to change the album tittle ( and the song title) so they can tour china and release the álbum there.  Once axl said "NEVER",  they banned the entire gnr ( old, new, live, everything) stuff in that country.

Kudos on Mr rose for keepin things REAL, ROCK N ROLL, FREEDOM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GibsonLP said:

New Zealand announced!

Feb 2 Wellington

Feb 4 Auckland

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!

Thats cool, now I'm just wondering what will they do in between Osaka and Tokyo. 

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Just heard a local radio DJ here in Orlando say that G N' R will be back in the US next summer for  an arena tour.  I' guessing they do Europe during the Spring on 2017....then back to the U.S.

I don't think so they would do Europe in April.

Europe is usually May/June/July. 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I don't think so they would do Europe in April.

Europe is usually May/June/July. 

Just going by what the DJ said.  He could totally be wrong but if he isn't, GN'R can't be in two places at the same time.  lol.

Although I guess they could do Europe in May and June....then back to the U.S. July/August.

Edited by Kasanova King

14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Just going by what the DJ said.  He could totally be wrong but if he isn't, GN'R can't be in two places at the same time.  lol.

Although I guess they could do Europe in May and June....then back to the U.S. July/August.

There are rumors of them playing at the Download Festival which usually happens in June. 

They will take at least 1 month break and then resume. 

12 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Why would they do arenas after selling out stadiums?

This is all going by what some local radio DJ here in Orlando said, so take it for what it's worth.  My guess is that there were a ton of markets they didn't get to during the stadium tour in the U.S. and they would hit those markets.  A 2nd U.S. stadium tour would be overkill so playing a couple dozen dates, in arenas, in some of the markets they missed, would make sense.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Just heard a local radio DJ here in Orlando say that G N' R will be back in the US next summer for  an arena tour.  I' guessing they do Europe during the Spring on 2017....then back to the U.S.

Yes yes yes. Cmon minneapolis. 

They seem to be teasing that there's more to come for North-America. Pretty sure they'd do an extensive Europe run first. But they could return to the US end of july/August.

Would be a dick move if they did stadiums everywhere and in Europe just a few select festivals, only to return to the US for a 2nd leg...