Rumored Concert Date Thread

On 31/08/2016 at 11:08 PM, Tom2112 said:

I'd rather them playing in doors, Marlay park is shite, same goes for punchestown, RDS, Aviva is crap... all either terrible for gigs because of facilities / security or they have terrible sound . I also think Croke Park is too big a venue for GnR in Ireland. Two nights in the 3arena back to back to kick off the euro run would be my preference... I'd obviously be going to both :D

Bon Jovi played croke park to 80,000 people in 2006 as did the red hot chilli peppers in 2012.. In their prime gnr were bigger than both those bands in Ireland, surely a reuninting Axl and Slash could sell Croker pretty well.. I too would much prefer 2 nights in the 3 Arena, though.  

Press Release from Mad Cool Festival in Spain

Mad Cool vuelve otro años más para repetir esa gran experiencia que aborda el ocio desde todas sus vertientes; el resultado de hacer convivir en un mismo espacio diferentes expresiones artísticas de una manera sostenible y responsable. Una celebración cultural en la que la expresión tiene su desarrollo a nivel musical, visual, fotográfico, gastronómico, cinematográfico; pero esta vez lo hará en otro recinto, el Estadio Vicente Calderón, con más novedades que iremos desgranando poco a poco, pero que incluyen la participación de unos artistas símbolos de una generación que lo cambió todo y que permitió que desde entonces, los pantalones de ciclista para hombre dejasen de ser ridículos para formar parte intrínseca de toda una nueva sociedad, la sociedad del siglo XXI

Theyre talking about cycling pants. (Axl?)

Edited by xBrownstonex

11 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I take it Portugal will be Liiiiisbon...??? Same place as DC 1st show if the weather is forecast as bad STAY THE FUCK AWAY ive never seen soo much rain for DC show and im not joking.

shit venue if weather bad..!!! 

Yeah it will be Portugal, high chances of being the same venue as AC/DC. 

Well if they play in an open field in Germany, that will be shitty too if there is bad weather. 

Just now, aranrod said:

I guess they won't do the Netherlands. I would hope so, though...

Netherlands should be 100% there. 

Axl and Slash have performed there every time when they came with their solo bands to Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

From all those dates posted by xbrownstonex i am a bit disappointed if true

No Irish date and Download is the only UK date 

Nothing has been confirmed now, those are just the rumored festivals where they could play.

Im sure they will do solo shows also, it wont be just festivals. 

1 hour ago, Healy52003 said:

From all those dates posted by xbrownstonex i am a bit disappointed if true

No Irish date and Download is the only UK date 

Of course Wembley, Ethiad Stadium and Hampden Park with Croke in Ireland.

Then again could be Olympic Park BUT Wembley easier to get to.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Netherlands should be 100% there. 

Axl and Slash have performed there every time when they came with their solo bands to Europe. 

I know... I live in the Netherlands. But Axl's band was not all that successful. In 2006 the band had to be relocated to a much smaller venue due to poor tickets sales, and in 2012 they had to resize the venue for the same reasons. Been there, seen it. That's what worries me: are promoters still interested? Except for some hardcore fans the reunion is not a hot item over here, yet... :(

• Like 1

Just now, aranrod said:

I know... I live in the Netherlands. But Axl's band was not all that successful. In 2006 the band had to be relocated to a much smaller venue due to poor tickets sales, and in 2012 they had to resize the venue for the same reasons. Been there, seen it. That's what worries me: are promoters still interested? Except for some hardcore fans the reunion is not a hot item over here, yet... :(

I saw Axl's solo band in 2012 in Rotterdam. 

Im pretty sure there will be a GNR show in Holland in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, aranrod said:

They played Goffertpark in 2006 which wasn't a relocation I think. In 2010, maybe they closed some seating areas as it was Gelredome XS (probably what you are referring to re 2012). In 2012 it was Ahoy from the beginning, no resize.

Anyway, I definitely think they will do the Netherlands. I know a lot of non-hardcore fans who already told me that if they come, they will definitely go to the show. Hopefully I was also a good ambassador when I met Richard Fortus in Chicago in July on the day in between the two shows and told him that I came all the way from the Netherlands just for the shows...