Rumored Concert Date Thread

1 hour ago, Healy52003 said:

L ooks like it wont be Slane castle anyway. Croke park is a good stadium and the bad sound quality is often imagined, here in Ireland Croke park attracts a lot of bandwagoners/event junkies so expect to see a crap load of people at the gig who are just there to get drunk, talk loudly through the entire show and spend most of the gig in the bar areas. 

hopefully we have euro dates very soon 

Also cheap flights via Ryanair from UK 

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Download are making their first announcement on 3rd of November.

Cool, i'm thinking they have something special. Because last year it was pretty much in line with Download France. DLUK would announce something, and a few hours later Download France would announce a similar batch. But this year Download France has already announced SOAD, AND will announce more this monday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Cool, i'm thinking they have something special. Because last year it was pretty much in line with Download France. DLUK would announce something, and a few hours later Download France would announce a similar batch. But this year Download France has already announced SOAD, AND will announce more this monday.

I agree, they're doing things quite differently this year. The only time I can remember them being this tight lipped is when they got AC/DC in. 

Of course, it's a slim chance they have GnR, and their first announcement is probably going to be SOAD. It just gives me a bit of an inkiling they got somebody a bit bigger than the headliners being announced at all the other festivals so far. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I agree, they're doing things quite differently this year. The only time I can remember them being this tight lipped is when they got AC/DC in. 

Of course, it's a slim chance they have GnR, and their first announcement is probably going to be SOAD. It just gives me a bit of an inkiling they got somebody a bit bigger than the headliners being announced at all the other festivals so far. 

Nah I'm thinking its not something that 'the other Downloads' have (there's a Spanish one now as well, with also SOAD). They would have let DLUK announce it first, and then a few hours/day after that DLSP/DLFR. Lets see what France (and probably Spain) announce on Monday. I'm figuring its something they don't have (yet). Could be GNR, could be something like Aerosmith, Metallica, just something 'unique'.

10 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Nah I'm thinking its not something that 'the other Downloads' have (there's a Spanish one now as well, with also SOAD). They would have let DLUK announce it first, and then a few hours/day after that DLSP/DLFR. Lets see what France (and probably Spain) announce on Monday. I'm figuring its something they don't have (yet). Could be GNR, could be something like Aerosmith, Metallica, just something 'unique'.

Yeah, I just don't want to get my hopes up. There were little whispers of Metallica signing up to Download, straight away the forum is "shut for maintenance" hmmm

apparently all the download headliners are being announced at once, which is different to any other year i can think of. guess they want to announce the bunch seeing that other euro fests have announced all theirs. did GnR get announced with the rest of the coachella lineup or did they have a separate announcement?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

apparently all the download headliners are being announced at once, which is different to any other year i can think of. guess they want to announce the bunch seeing that other euro fests have announced all theirs. did GnR get announced with the rest of the coachella lineup or did they have a separate announcement?

They were announced with all of the rest according to google.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/music-festivals/6828979/coachella-lineup-guns-n-roses-lcd-soundsystem-calvin-harris

16 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

I can't think of any year they've announced all of their headliners in one go either. 

Its always been staggered announcements. 

Coachella always announces everything in one go, so it's not special that GNR was included there

Download always does it seperate, as far as my memory goes back. At least the headliners, and never, NEVER, a whole line-up in one go. 
So it makes it even weirder that they'd do everything in one go. If they have one unique, maybe even exclusive, act you'd want all attention focussed on that act solely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Yeah same as last year 1 a day

Practically in one go then :lol:

They used to leave a much longer gap between announcements. It was extremely annoying lol.

I wonder if that rumour a couple of pages back, about GnR releasing Euro dates on Halloween will come good then if they are announced for Download.

That would all tie in very nicely. 

this is what it says on the website 

"This just in. Your official Download Festival 2017 headliners will be announced next Thursday, 3rd November at 7pm!

We can't wait to share with you the three headliners that will take to Donington for Download 2017, alongside a whole host of other great acts."

• Like 2

it doesn't necessarily have to be an exclusive, i don't think. they could quite easily do dates at wembley as well as download, it's just whether they'd want to.

it's interesting to see that download and hellfest haven't announced anything though, with rock am ring still with a headliner to announce.  

9 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

it doesn't necessarily have to be an exclusive, i don't think. they could quite easily do dates at wembley as well as download, it's just whether they'd want to.

it's interesting to see that download and hellfest haven't announced anything though, with rock am ring still with a headliner to announce.  

Surely Slash and Duff will want to, they've both been there so many times and never headlined it. VR came close, but it's not the same.