Rumored Concert Date Thread

That is not gonna happen. They both can sell out stadia, or at least GnR can and Aerosmith in several markets as well, or big arena's. Tickets for GNR alone will be €€€€€€, so makes no sense to add another act which is also looking for loads of €€€€€€€ and charge people 500€ for a reasonable ticket.

Andy Copping (Download's booker) said this when someone asked him about GnR:

Which leads me to believe we'll have some confirmation of UK shows between now and a month or so. He's basically saying we'll see why they werent available for Download. Which could mean another festival; but I don't see any British festival booking them except Download (maybe IOW). And Glastonbury is not gonna happen, unless the band is willing to drop their fee handsomly. Glasto doesnt pay top dollar. Glasto is the place where people WANT to play, and are willing to accept a smaller fee. This tour is all about grabbing as much cash as possible, so I don't see that happening unless the guys suddenly feel they need some more PR to ship tix for other shows. But since everything is selling fairly well, I don't see that happening.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Or maybe he had GnR pencilled in and they dropped out and Biffy Clyro got bumped. 

Yep, could very well be the possibility and would explain the relatively 'late' Download announcement (and them announcing all headliners at once, while they usually take a week and announce one headliner every few days).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrw80 said:

I know I'm just being greedy at this point, but have there been any rumblings of a return to the US in 2017?   Would absolutely love to see an arena tour.

8They are only jus starting the 1st leg really & thiz tour has no end date they say after EU im guessing they go Canada

• Like 2

On 11/4/2016 at 5:41 AM, Kula2006 said:

I don't think Aerosmith is able to sell out stadiums in Europe - at least not in the same league as GnR (otherwise they wouldn't have to play at DL). I would go anywhere in europe for a GnR/Aerosmith concert but I fear no promoter is crazy enough to book this (I guess you would need around 60.000 people with prices starting at 200 euros minimum) Best thing we can hope for is that both are playling close to the same city within a few days time and that we can hope for some guest apperences

Only need about 40k - 50k people for a stadium show to be profitable for everyone involved....that's what G N' R is currently averaging during the NITL Tour.  Aerosmith could easily get 40k and up to 50k in some European markets.

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Can we all agree that if GNR sans Slash and Duff headlined RIR IV with SOAD opening for them, it's highly unlikely that GNR with Slash and Duff would open for SOAD at a French festival that's old a decade old?

This.

No way GNR are going to be opening at a festival.

14 hours ago, GnRMisterE said:

Has Rob Zombie been hacked or trolled. His FB page has him playing HellFest in France with GnR but not headlining!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154263142093323&substory_index=0&id=126545588322

It's a fake poster, I saw it circulate about two months ago on festival forums. It's just a fan made wish list and people then put them out there and try to fool others. 

Btw people in the UK are still convinced that GnR are going to be added to the Download line up. It's hilarious to read the official Facebook page. It's like a pit of despair that they didn't get GnR :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

16 hours ago, downzy said:

Can we all agree that if GNR sans Slash and Duff headlined RIR IV with SOAD opening for them, it's highly unlikely that GNR with Slash and Duff would open for SOAD at a French festival that's old a decade old?

Yes please, why are we even talking about stuff like that. A festival poster with six headliners on it, and GnR not even headlining. How more fake can something be...

• Like 1

On 5-11-2016 at 7:12 PM, Kasanova King said:

Aerosmith could easily get 40k and up to 50k in some European markets.

No, they can't. Aerosmith struggle to sell out the smaller arena's in Europe. They only play large crowds when playing festivals. Apart from that, they're mostly playing 10.000-20.000 people venues and rarely sell them out anymore.

Graspop Metal Meeting (where Axl-GNR played 2 times) just posted this teaser on there official facebook page: "Take me down to the Graspop fields, where the grass is green and the cows are pretty. #graspop #gmm17 #dessel #220days"

The festival is from 16 until 18 june. 

• Like 1