Rumored Concert Date Thread

15 minutes ago, Critical Solution said:

i work for a radio station in Canada, announcement on Canadian dates on Monday. July/August  

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If true, it might look like Europe somewhere within April–June then

Thought it would be US/Canada before Europe 

Maybe Dublin might get the last date at the end of June ??

37 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If true, it might look like Europe somewhere within April–June then

Sorry that is wrong Europe to go June till august I assume cause all of these dates for Europe have mostly been July and I've heard tour will last for at least 2 months which is normal for gnr right?  Source, gnr news YouTube video guy.

2 minutes ago, gnrfan2016 said:

Sorry that is wrong Europe to go June till august I assume cause all of these dates for Europe have mostly been July and I've heard tour will last for at least 2 months which is normal for gnr right?  Source, gnr news YouTube video guy.

Which dates are July?

In any case, the EU tour could last till mid-July, then NA starting late July or early Aug.

41 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Thought it would be US/Canada before Europe 

Maybe Dublin might get the last date at the end of June ??

Why are you all believ

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Which dates are July?

In any case, the EU tour could last till mid-July, then NA starting late July or early Aug.

Yeah but why would gnr be teasing us with talk of usa dates if not until next July?  Haven't you seenthe Israel date for July 15th on here?  What about other middle east dates besides dubai after March 3?  Anyone know? 

2 minutes ago, gnrfan2016 said:

Yeah but why would gnr be teasing us with talk of usa dates if not until next July?  Haven't you seenthe Israel date for July 15th on here?  What about other middle east dates besides dubai after March 3?  Anyone know? 

I can ask the same about the European advertisement. Why teasing Euro dates if it's not until July?

I think the simple answer is that this is completely normal. Some bands announce shows over a year before, it's just that we GN'R fans haven't been used to that before.

The Israeli date might as well be the last date of the leg. If so, it makes sense as it's in the outskirts of (well not even in) Europe.

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Same thing can be said about Europe, as the same advertisement is going on there.

I think we'll see a single announcement of shows for both Europe and NA.

Which leg will come first? Anyone's guess.

I realize they're doing promo in Europe but I figured why spend the money on billboards for a tour that's a year away? I agree they'll probably announce it all at once but the billboards are full-swing promo and the newspaper ads more like teasers so I think it makes sense they'd do NA first IMO. We'll see though.

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I can ask the same about the European advertisement. Why teasing Euro dates if it's not until July?

I think the simple answer is that this is completely normal. Some bands announce shows over a year before, it's just that we GN'R fans haven't been used to that before.

The Israeli date might as well be the last date of the leg. If so, it makes sense as it's in the outskirts of (well not even in) Europe.

Okay I know what you mean, nobody knows yet when the European tour will start and when it will finish.  But  what about middle east dates in March 3 after Dubai date?  I've seen rumors of dates in other countries though 

12 minutes ago, Spirit said:

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I realize they're doing promo in Europe but I figured why spend the money on billboards for a tour that's a year away? I agree they'll probably announce it all at once but the billboards are full-swing promo and the newspaper ads more like teasers so I think it makes sense they'd do NA first IMO. We'll see though.

The function of having billboards up is to promote the announcement. Even if your shows are one year from now, but the ticket sale start now, it's the ticket sale you're promoting.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Fair enough, I'm just speculating. My logic is just more expensive ads = higher priority = sooner shows.

When it comes to ticket sales, I don't think it makes a difference if the shows are either 5 or 7 months away in terms of how much money to spend on advertisements.

If there were shows coming on very short notice (like in December), it would be different, and they might need a more expensive campaign.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those digital billboards are a more common sight in the US than in Europe? That might be the reason for different mediums used for promotion.

Just now, Spirit said:

When it comes to ticket sales, I don't think it makes a difference if the shows are either 5 or 7 months away in terms of how much money to spend on advertisements.

If there were shows coming on very short notice (like in December), it would be different, and they might need a more expensive campaign.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think those digital billboards are a more common sight in the US than in Europe? That might be the reason for different mediums used for promotion.

Guess we'll just need some patience til the shows are announced :P

8 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Saskatoon, SK Canada

FB_IMG_1480472108701.jpg

Next up BC and Alberta :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

They will play everywhere, they should remember these guys and play there.

You mean India, but I've been trying to get answers on other Middle East dates besides Dubai.  There has to be other dates there ,why would they just go to Dubai, anyone know details? ??