Rumored Concert Date Thread

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

My goodness, I don't really mean to offend anyone.  But y'all make fun of us Americans for putting seats on the floor.  But then you all have to deal with these death traps....why don't bands use your futbol stadiums to play at instead of these...venues?

Usually we do use stadium and the problem isn't the field per se', in the stadium there aren't chairs in the field (putting aside the preference of the experience, people would throw them around) but the amount of people that will be there and how the location is, in a stadium even without the seats in the field everything would be more manageble.

The main rock station 104.9 The Wolf in Regina, Saskatchewan is making a major concert announcement  Monday morning according to their Facebook page. So of course GnR at the new Mosaic Stadium as previously discussed. Now it's a matter of what date but the last week of August seems likely based on previous posts about the Edmonton show earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Stop being a smartass... What would you rather... not seeing GnR at all or seeing them in a shitty place? I would choose the latter...

Anyways..moan all you want.. I couldn't care less...

I said i was going to go anyway but this is about the rumoured concert dates and if the location of said concert is shitty i'm going to say it (plus, i explained why to me it was shitty because someone asked me why i thought that i didn't make the second post unprompted) if you're happy no matter what, good for you, i would have liked a decent location.

If you couldn't care less if people moan why would you answer me? Let me vent my frustrations and my hope it won't be disastrous organization wise in peace since this is the right place for it.

On 30/11/2016 at 0:14 PM, TrixAreForKids said:

Where did you hear this rumor??

Any word on Vegas New Year's Eve at The Joint rumor? Would love to fly down from Vancouver for the night

Edited by cpick

40 minutes ago, Captain SK said:

The main rock station 104.9 The Wolf in Regina, Saskatchewan is making a major concert announcement  Monday morning according to their Facebook page. So of course GnR at the new Mosaic Stadium as previously discussed. Now it's a matter of what date but the last week of August seems likely based on previous posts about the Edmonton show earlier in this thread.

I don't know, they usually don't let radio stations make the announcements. The band usually releases all the dates at once. And that's the only station I'm seeing as having tweeted it so far. Could be Metallica?

Just now, KiernanProud said:

I don't know, they usually don't let radio stations make the announcements. The band usually releases all the dates at once. And that's the only station I'm seeing as having tweeted it so far. Could be Metallica?

The Canadian dates are all getting announced Monday morning

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I need another update on possible dates...I'm lost again 

They should just announce it cause all of this Europe/US tour dates and rumor dates mixed up is confusing me so much. 

Euros are much like the Wildlings of the North, ain't nobody got time for no seats on the gotdaymn GA floor area, we're far too feral for that shite! ;-D

Slane/Dublin as first cab off the rank on this Euro tour has always seemed like an odd start since these leaks began. If it does occur I wonder what the actual fucking reasoning is behind playing Dublin then hopscothcing across to Spain or Portugal??  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

What I have gathered:

May 27 Slane Ireland Slane Castle   (R)
May 30 Bilbao Spain San Memes   (SR)
Jun 8 Newport United Kingdom Seaclose Park (Isle of Wight Festival)   (R)
Jun 9 Werchter Belgium Festivalpark   (SR)
Jun 10 Imola Italy Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari   (SR)
Jun 21-25 Pilton United Kingdom Worthy Farm (Glastonbury Festival)   (R)
Jun 29 Stockholm Sweden Friends Arena   (SR)
Jul 1 Hämeenlinna Finland Kantola Event Park   (SR)
Jul 8 Paris France Stade de France   (R)
Jul 15 Tel Aviv Israel Yarkon Park   (SR)
TBA London United Kingdom Olympic Stadium   (SR)
TBA Glasgow United Kingdom TBA   (R)
TBA Warsaw Poland PGE Narodowy   (SR)
TBA TBA Netherlands TBA   (SR)
TBA TBA Switzerland TBA   (SR)
TBA Copenhagen Denmark TBA   (SR)
TBA Lisbon Portugal TBA   (SR)
TBA Madrid Spain TBA   (SR)
TBA Dublin Ireland TBA   (SR)
TBA Vienna Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion   (R)
TBA Minneapolis, MN United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Hershey, PA United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Buffalo, NY United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Greensboro, NC United States TBA   (SR)
TBA St. Louis, MO United States TBA   (SR)
TBA San Antonio, TX United States TBA   (R)
TBA El Paso, TX United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Baton Rouge, LA United States TBA   (R)
TBA Miami, FL United States TBA   (R)
TBA Edmonton Canada Commonwealth Stadium   (SR)
TBA Montreal Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Winnipeg Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Regina Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Ottawa Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Vancouver Canada TBA   (R)

What does SR and R mean?

4 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

F8BB8A23-9DF2-4C5B-AD46-4AED7DDFCB85_zps

E5561446-357A-45B2-B405-7EC1F687C721_zps

In hindsight those two pics make central London look like a right royal shite-hole, entirely ironic considering the rent to live within seeing distance of these posters would be eye-watering to say the least, on the other hand a lot would argue that London well and truly IS a right royal shite-hole and these pics with their run-down surrounds only further solidify this fact! ;-D

• Like 1

Just now, jesss said:

What does SR and R mean?

I just differentiate between Rumor and Strong Rumor.

Example:
People posting they have a source saying a date or place qualifies as a Rumor.

Seeing pictures of actual official advertisement in a city qualifies as a Strong Rumor.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nytunz said:

I reslly hope Norway gets a show!

I know there are a few Norwegians on this boards, including myself, and if we don't get a show, maybe we can have a get together to either Sweden, Denmark or the UK? I doubt I can convince my friends to go unless it's in Norway.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

In hindsight those two pics make central London look like a right royal shite-hole, entirely ironic considering the rent to live within seeing distance of these posters would be eye-watering to say the least, on the other hand a lot would argue that London well and truly IS a right royal shite-hole and these pics with their run-down surrounds only further solidify this fact! ;-D

I went to a London a few times this year and yes it is a right royal shit hole. 

There was a pic of a poster from Kensington floating about on FB, even that didn't look any better :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, no1gooner said:

Yeah, Henry hinted as much on the radio a few months back when asked for a clue as to who who was playing there. "G for guitar" was his reply. 

Was great 25 years ago. Not sure if it would be so great 25 years on. Praying for Croke Park or Aviva.

Sound is terrible in Aviva. Croke park and Slane will be full of drunk non fans just there on the "session", none of the venues are perfect! But at least theres a good chance of grabbing a ticket!

Would love if they eventually came around and played in doors for two nights or something.