Rumored Concert Date Thread

1 minute ago, AslatIE said:

:rofl-lol: 

Since it's from some random guy who most likely doesn't know anything, I'll take that with a bowl of salt.

(just found out that he lives in the same town as my girlfriend :lol:)

Already established he probably got the date from the fake list of dates.

20 minutes ago, RNRS said:

Why not? Bon Jovi played Barcelona and San Sebastian but left out Madrid in 2011. I'm sure there's other examples. It's all got to do with logistics, the stages will probably be shipped from Lisbon and what goes on behind the scenes and after the shows is planned differently than to what most people on here seem to think.

Of course they can leave it out but it's weird. It's a big, important city with a large population. I can only see it if they don't come to an agreement. Anyway, I really don't care, it's easier to go to Mordor than to go to Barna from where I live :P so I'll keep my fingers crossed for Madrid being on a weekend cause Bilbao on a tuesday sucks big time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tsinindy said:

So, I'll be Mr. Obvious :)

But it is looking like European Dates May through early July, then US/Canada after that until late August/Early September I'd imagine.

Yep, looks that way....pretty much what we guessed it would be a while back.

3 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

yeah then todays irish indepdent article came about a show taking place at Croke park ???

People on other fourms are saying there ticketmaster sources told them its Slane 

is the site above a fake for slane? If you go on the official slane webpage and find there facebook page you get this https://www.facebook.com/officialslanecastle/?fref=nf No word on the twitter link of an announcment too

8 hours ago, Italian girl said:

If I can choose any location, I would suggest something quite small and intimate.. A basketball arena in the center or in the North of italy... Like Turin, Milan,Bologna, Rome.. 

But the most suggestive atmosphere would be in the ancient Arena di Verona.

Big stadiums mean a lot of fun but also too much chaos and traffic before and after the show.

Btw, my "venue of the heart" remains stadio olimpico in Rome. 

Just say you want the show at the Adriatico and be done with it :lol:

41 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Axl Rose tweets cherries. Buckcherry just toured with Sebastian Bach through Canada. Axl and Baz are friends. Buckcherry will therefore open for Guns in Canada. 

Wouldn't be the worst opener I guess. 

Slightly more realistic tinfoil hat reading: cherries on slot machines, NYE in Vegas confirmed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In 2011 they did Seattle/Vancouver on back to back nights, but this year they paced all the shows a couple days apart from each other. Guess it depends on the size of the production and hows many set ups they'll have. 

If it's a stadium tour, the norm is 3 days apart, due to sheer scale and put up, take down...
Where we at with dates...We all think Monday announcement, Wednesday Presale, Friday General sale? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

If it's a stadium tour, the norm is 3 days apart, due to sheer scale and put up, take down...
Where we at with dates...We all think Monday announcement, Wednesday Presale, Friday General sale? 

The rumors have bounced back and forth between stadiums and arenas, and the supposed venue in Washington state in an amphitheatre. They might have several set-ups for different venues on this tour.

Also, I'd expect Nightrain pre-sales to start either when they make the announcement or about 24 hours later.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

7 hours ago, Captain SK said:

In my opinion I don't discount the theory of this show taking place, even with it being a smaller venue.  Right now I am more curious about the logistics of it.  If Regina is August 27th and Edmonton August 30 I thought for sure that Vancouver would have been September 3rd.  Just like we can assume that Winnipeg is likely August 24th.  Mind you I'm leaving 3 days gaps there because that's what I got used to seeing with AC/DC.  I don't think it's a blast jumping borders to go to Washington state and then jump back across to Vancouver but I guess anything is possible and we will know Monday.

I am the source of the still from the TV spot from the Metallica forum.   I can tell you that it is legit, I have seen all three 30 spots... All 3 are exactly the same except for some different wording and slight changes to a few graphics.  One will air prior to all tickets going on sale, one during the pre-sales, and one once Saturday on sale hits. 

The Gorge is a incredible venue, roughly halfway between Spokane and Seattle.   I've seen Metallica, Foo Fighters, Tool, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, Def Leppard, Ozzfest, to name a few, at this place.   It's a major market and always sells out.  Dave Mathews normally plays 3 shows here every Labor Day weekend... It's his first year off in forever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Here's some radio stations teasing rock concert announcements on Monday. This one actually confirmed its Guns N' Roses in buffalo

https://twitter.com/kmoorephotos/status/805143165812506624 

https://twitter.com/957CRUZFM/status/805166314071425024

6am?  Strange time to announce

Probably going to announce everything together then? 11am for UK, Ireland, Portugal,  midday for rest of Europe ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The rumors have bounced back and forth between stadiums and arenas, and the supposed venue in Washington state in an amphitheatre. They might have several set-ups for different venues on this tour.

Also, I'd expect Nightrain pre-sales to start either when they make the announcement or about 24 hours later.

It's a stadium tour In Canada or they would have done Calgary, 

7 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Probably going to announce everything together then? 11am for UK, Ireland, Portugal,  midday for rest of Europe ?

Aerosmith announced their European Tour exactly at 11am GMT, so maybe you're right.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

6am?  Strange time to announce

I'm more surprised that they've already said it's Guns

• Like 1