Rumored Concert Date Thread

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As with everything in the GN'R world, I'm crossing my fingers but not banking on it. I'll be there anyway, so hopefully it works out!

If they do ultimately decide to play Vegas, on NYE, I'd be slightly bummed that more notice wasn't given, at this point.. I'd still try to go, if announced tomorrow, but it would result in some current plan changes that might not go over well. 

By them updating their cover photo with Hard Rock Vegas, it does make me wonder. It might mean nothing, it might be a future 2017 show .. hard to say.

Edited by todreamofwolves

14 minutes ago, Captain SK said:

That's interesting. I've been to Fargo twice for AC/DC (2009 and 2016) and the Fargodome only holds 22Kish for shows. So large for arena purposes but small for stadium purposes. I would guess they are piggybacking off the Minneapolis show but who knows. Especially with Winnipeg getting a show which is also only 4 hours from Fargo.

Yeah I've done the fargodome for a concert that, well let's not even talk about it. Nice venue but yeah like you said, it's an in between type of thing for stadium and arena. Not sure if fargo and surrounding areas have enough guns fans. Especially with minneapolis being so close to them, it's not like they'll pull people in from the twin cities to be there aside from the die hards who want to see more than 1 show. 

32 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

If they do ultimately decide to play Vegas, on NYE, I'd be slightly bummed that more notice wasn't given, at this point.. I'd still try to go, if announced tomorrow, but it would result in some current plan changes that might not go over well. 

By them updating their cover photo with Hard Rock Vegas, it does make me wonder. It might mean nothing, it might be a future 2017 show .. hard to say.

On 1 dec, their FB cover said "welcome to the jungle". Love Vegas, but was just there last month.   Probably can't make it again so soon (if they do NYE). Will be so bummed!

2 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Ahhhhhhh damn 

Maybe they might begin the tour in Croke Park the end of May 2017 (CP sometimes hosts concerts the end of may!!!) 

All we be known 2morrow. still think it will we be Slane 

I see on boards.ie some guy claiming that they know a staff member at MCD and it's Slane, announcement Tomorrow, tickets on sale Friday.

Hmmm. what to do. Was in Slane in 92, which was great. But was only 20 then, so would've be up for anything. They say it's a horror story now. Can do Glasgow easily, as there are direct flights from where I live, but I'm also reading that Hampton is also crap for a concert.

What are you thinking of doing if it's Slane?

Barley arts promotion is suing Imola autodrome and Live Nation for violating exclusive Rights on the autodome itself (as a location to be used For concerts).

Hope GNR will sue them too and that the show will be moved to a proper stadium!

Again I repeat: this in Italy

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Barley arts promotion is suing Imola autodrome and Live Nation for violating exclusive Rights on the autodome itself (as a location to be used For concerts).

Hope GNR will sue them too and that the show will be moved to a proper stadium!

Again I repeat: this in Italy

I really hope it ends well, as I am really looking forward to see them in Italy. About stadiums, I think there won't be a lot of stadium dates, as lots of european concerts are open air

Just to udpate everyone......here is @Spirit list.  i have just a couple of notes on this for the North American dates.  I've been more on top of the NA stuff than the European stuff, so if anyone wants to add comments on the EU side, go ahead.

First off, I still believe the last date at the Gorge Amphitheatre is not going to happen....I've seen several confirmations on Vancouver, so I'd say "strong rumor" for them.  Miami as well, strong rumor with multiple billboard sightings in the area.  San Antonio or Monterrey, Mexico is getting a show, can't figure out which, though I'm leaning towards San Antonio.   Finally, not sold on Baton Rouge yet either.  

Rumored dates:

(R): Rumor
(SR): Strong rumor

Date                  City                       Country                      Venue                                     

Nov/Dec San Juan Puerto Rico Coliseo de Puerto Rico   (R)
May 27 Slane Ireland Slane Castle   (R)
May 30 Bilbao Spain San Memes   (SR)
Jun 8 Newport United Kingdom Seaclose Park (Isle of Wight Festival)   (R)
Jun 9 Werchter Belgium Festivalpark   (SR)
Jun 10 Imola Italy Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari   (SR)
Jun 21-25 Pilton United Kingdom Worthy Farm (Glastonbury Festival)   (R)
Jun 29 Stockholm Sweden Friends Arena   (SR)
Jul 1 Hämeenlinna Finland Kantola Event Park   (SR)
Jul 15 Tel Aviv Israel Yarkon Park   (SR)
TBA Paris France TBA   (SR)
TBA Munich Germany TBA   (SR)
TBA London United Kingdom Olympic Stadium   (SR)
TBA Glasgow United Kingdom TBA   (R)
TBA Warsaw Poland PGE Narodowy   (SR)
TBA TBA Netherlands TBA   (SR)
TBA TBA Switzerland TBA   (SR)
TBA Copenhagen Denmark TBA   (SR)
TBA Lisbon Portugal TBA   (SR)
TBA Madrid Spain TBA   (SR)
TBA Dublin Ireland TBA   (SR)
TBA Vienna Austria Ernst-Happel-Stadion   (R)
TBA Minneapolis, MN United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Hershey, PA United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Buffalo, NY United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Greensboro, NC United States TBA   (SR)
TBA St. Louis, MO United States TBA   (SR)
TBA San Antonio, TX United States TBA   (R)
TBA El Paso, TX United States TBA   (SR)
TBA Baton Rouge, LA United States TBA   (R)
TBA Miami, FL United States TBA   (R)
TBA Edmonton Canada Commonwealth Stadium   (SR)
TBA Montreal Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Winnipeg Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Regina Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Ottawa Canada TBA   (SR)
TBA Vancouver Canada TBA   (R)
Sep 3 George, WA United States Gorge Amphitheatre   (SR)
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 9:35 PM, Healy52003 said:

As heading to an Irish gig may be out of the picture cause of slane the UK will be my next option 

Would love a Glasgow Gig as I was there before and I have never been to London.

24 minutes ago, no1gooner said:

I see on boards.ie some guy claiming that they know a staff member at MCD and it's Slane, announcement Tomorrow, tickets on sale Friday.

Hmmm. what to do. Was in Slane in 92, which was great. But was only 20 then, so would've be up for anything. They say it's a horror story now. Can do Glasgow easily, as there are direct flights from where I live, but I'm also reading that Hampton is also crap for a concert.

What are you thinking of doing if it's Slane?

Would Slane really put you off going to an Ireland show?? I was last in Slane in 97 or thereabouts, the only bad memory I have of it is getting out afterwards was a nightmare, took hours to get back to Dublin. What is it that would put you off?

Hopefully the European tour dates don't trickle out slowly but are released all together tomorrow if, as rumoured, Slane Castle is announced then.

Would go to Ireland or London for gnr but would be bit annoyed if Glasgow was announced after spending a lot of cash on a ticket elsewhere. Hampden in Glasgow being only 10 miles away for me.

But really excited  never thought I'd see Slash, Duff and Axl sharing a stage!

Edited by Calcy

20 minutes ago, NorwayIllusion said:

There is a gap in the rumored list of Spirit. Two weeks of nothing between Finland and Israel.

My bet is Norway early July. In 2006 they played two shows in ten days here.

Hope so! i dont se any reason to leave Norway out. Norwegians love good music and have more then enough money to go to rock concerts ?

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 5:52 PM, Healy52003 said:

yeah then todays irish indepdent article came about a show taking place at Croke park ???

People on other fourms are saying there ticketmaster sources told them its Slane 

I heard that, that facebook account isn't official. I honestly don't know! but I would love if the gnr gig was NOT in Slane. And yes, I know a lot of countries aren't getting a gnr show! but if the options are a no gnr show or a gnr show ruined because people go because it's the place to be, they get drunk and talk to their mates at the top of their voices (you can't hear the band just the conversation) while not facing the band (this has happened, at Slane Foo Fighters... probably a ton of other bands too). Croke park would be full of idiots too but at least it's a cool stadium!

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I heard that, that facebook account isn't official. I honestly don't know! but I would love if the gnr gig was NOT in Slane. And yes, I know a lot of countries aren't getting a gnr show! but if the options are a no gnr show or a gnr show ruined because people go because it's the place to be, they get drunk and talk to their mates at the top of their voices (you can't hear the band just the conversation) while not facing the band (this has happened, at Slane Foo Fighters... probably a ton of other bands too). Croke park would be full of idiots too but at least it's a cool stadium!

The facebook page in question isnt official. The link below is the official one. No mention of GNR or an announcment

https://www.facebook.com/officialslanecastle/