How long will Hybrid Guns last?

Given that a record isn't out yet I think they can last 5-10 years as a touring outfit. Once a record is out a tour lasts about 3 years. But if they tour up to  2020 then release a record they could last until 2024?

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If a full-time reunion with Izzy and Steven truly isn't on the cards, I'd hope this incarnation lasts for a LLLLLOOOONNNNGGG time!

Something like this.. If this is as good as it is going to get ok.. But a little less "hybrid" wouldn't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

No way would they tour with this outfit until 2020 with no new album. 

I hope they do a 2017 album and an arena tour.

Yeah I think without new music the whole novelty would wear off within a couple years 

I just don't see Axl hiring another set of musicians to flank him at this point.  Seems silly, as well, that if he is on good terms with Slash and Duff that they would be replaced again.

I think this has to be the band and hopefully they can give us some new music at some point.

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 1

If a member leaves they can just bring in somebody else without even needing to address the lineup change so it'll continue on for many years I imagine. Hybrid Guns can tour the world twice over before even needing to think about releasing a new song :shrugs:

I think it'll last a few years. As long as axl keeps sounding great and the boys are enjoying themselves things will be fine. But I also think continuing beyond next year without new music would be a tough sell for keeping this band relevant to the high standard they are now with the stadium tour. 

the average line up, lasts 3 years

1986 - original line up

1987-1990 - classic line up

1991 - pre ilusions  line up

1992-1993 -illusions/TSI line up

1994 - 1997 - post TSI line up

1998-2000 - pre CD I

2001-2002 - pre CD II

2002-2005 - pre CD III

2006 -2008- pre cd IV

2009 -2015- post CD

2016 - ? - hybrid old+nu guns

Alllll depends on Slash...does Slash want to join Axl's gnr full time or does he like doing what he's doing with the conspirators? If it's just playing gnr songs for the next 2 years then Slash won't do it for long. Another argument could be made that Axl, Richard, and Frank are Guns N Roses..Duff and Slash are simply the touring part of the band. 

I see it lasting a long time, I think Slash likes the new Axl and is enjoying this moment. He has far less responsibilities with gnr than he does with the conspirators...without his control hungry wife to run his business I think Slash likes this laid back approach to just being responsible for himself and playing guitar with some friends. He's reached a good point in life if he accepts the gnr gig full time. Also he's the new general. Slash is likely 100% in charge at rehearsals and gets everyone on the same page..I have a hard time imagining Axl being greatly involved in the sound, but I think Axl is 100% in charge of the setlist. 

This band is in a good spot. They survived the first round of touring together with very little incident. The latest they went on was in Vegas. They sound tight and things should be good to go if they can keep the train rolling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

Yeah I think without new music the whole novelty would wear off within a couple years 

you're one of the few realistic ones here, but even a couple years would be pushing it. it's barely been a month and it's already worn off big time. that's what happens when you play the same set of 30 y/o songs where people can capture it on video and blog it.

sure, the 'GNR' brand can sell a fair number of tickets through the summer because many nostalgia seekers are willing to pay for the ride once, but that's it. other than that, they'll be stuck touring in South America and maybe some one-offs in London or European festivals.

however, the band (as 95% of people identify it) hasn't recorded anything in 26 years and even UYI was a massive departure from their roots. people also have to keep in mind that RnR is a dead genre and there's no money in the record business anymore.

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Given that a record isn't out yet I think they can last 5-10 years as a touring outfit. Once a record is out a tour lasts about 3 years. But if they tour up to  2020 then release a record they could last until 2024?

If we're trying to guess long term for Guns, I think Axl is not as late anymore, they're doing Coma, Slash and Duff seem to give it their all. (Slash is actually soloing all over tunes Paul Huge had a lot to do with) And Axl seem to be really excited. I don't think touring is all he wants for this line up. Even before this happened I think he wanted to release another album at some point.

I'm bringing this up cause it's not just how long it lasts, but what they do before it's over. It can last more if it's moving forward.

After Illusions came out there was no unified direction, no real musical direction they could agree on. Now there's a bunch of material and if they can put together a unified album, release it, promote the shit out of it in say 2 to 3 years, and it resonates with most of the fan base it can make it truly genuine.

more than 5 years. Probably closer to 10. No one wants to fuck this up, they wanna play together and make some money, but there has to be an album and Axl just might go for it. Now there are people in the line up that can inject some confidence into this and more potential acceptance from the fans. A CD ll in disguise with Slash solos and Duff's bass lines. Much easier to sell.

But the situation is complex right now, I don't know how close we are to an album and we can always get nothing at all, just touring, live blu rays and documentaries.

Edited by Rovim

37 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If we're trying to guess long term for Guns, I think Axl is not as late anymore, they're doing Coma, Slash and Duff seem to give it their all. (Slash is actually soloing all over tunes Paul Huge had a lot to do with) And Axl seem to be really excited. I don't think touring is all he wants for this line up. Even before this happened I think he wanted to release another album at some point.

I'm bringing this up cause it's not just how long it lasts, but what they do before it's over. It can last more if it's moving forward.

After Illusions came out there was no unified direction, no real musical direction they could agree on. Now there's a bunch of material and if they can put together a unified album, release it, promote the shit out of it in say 2 to 3 years, and it resonates with most of the fan base it can make it truly genuine.

more than 5 years. Probably closer to 10. No one wants to fuck this up, they wanna play together and make some money, but there has to be an album and Axl just might go for it. Now there are people in the line up that can inject some confidence into this and more potential acceptance from the fans. A CD ll in disguise with Slash solos and Duff's bass lines. Much easier to sell.

But the situation is complex right now, I don't know how close we are to an album and we can always get nothing at all, just touring, live blu rays and documentaries.

I expect the album to come in the middle of a decade era. A world tour then a record which stimulates another world tour. 

Or just bring back Izzy to fuel another tour. Old members are the new leaks. 

2017 will the AFD reunion tour. 

A Best of is another way to avoid any

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

I expect the album to come in the middle of a decade era. A world tour then a record which stimulates another world tour. 

Or just bring back Izzy to fuel another tour. Old members are the new leaks. 

2017 will the AFD reunion tour. 

A Best of is another way to avoid any

Axl is capable of not releasing anything. Slash in his band can even make him delay even more worst case scenario. Like if Slash comes up with a brilliant idea why not just tinker with it some more? Fortus said there are 3 albums worth of material and we don't even have an album title.

If another album sees the light of day I don't think it will happen before 2020. Seems like that will be the year that if nothing comes out I'll start to complain even more. This line up needs some time to make money and tour. Then Slash will have to deliver in the studio, I believe he will bring it.

I don't know what Axl's intentions are but I suspect ideally, he'll want to release one more Guns album but he won't release a shit album so it will probably take some time to make it work but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Rovim