07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

8 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Three things remain constant as far as bitching goes: 

1) Same setlist

2) WTF with seats in the US shows

3) Why can't he sing with rasp all the way like he did in AXL/DC

Even if those 3 were to change, people will still try to find other issues to moan about.

:lol::lol:

unless someone is traveling to EVERY show, why complain about the setlist???  Its NEW for the people going to the show.  People have been complaining for 20 years they wanted GNR back together, well, they are .  Shut up and enjoy it

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I must have missed the times that "Coma" and "Double Talkin' Jive" were performed from 2011-2014.

He's pointing the fact that from 2011 to 2016 gnr has pretty stopped changing the set from a show to another.

In 2006 and 2009-10 (a lot), apart from the first 4-5 songs the set changed a lot. The alt songs were given a lot of plays

39 minutes ago, Kira said:

If the band ever does do Slither, I have to believe Duff will sing it. This is Axl we are talking about, he's never going to sing a Weiland song.  Unless he has a personality transplant or something.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Axl's changed a lot as it looks like, I don't think he would have a problem singing Weiland's song, otherwise it wouldn't even be considered as an alt.

As far as complaining about the setlist, for me it's not complaining at all. Like I said a few pages back, the band is doing so great that we've come to a point where we don't need to worry about anything cause we know the show is gonna be awesome. So the next step, FOR ME, would be to see some setlist changes, it would make things a little more interesting. Again: I'm not complaining about the setlist, I love it the way it is, specially Coma.

@RussTCB and @ZoSoRose that picture of you guys is gold! Love it!

6 hours ago, blackrose87 said:

The bitching and moaning here is hilarious.

Seriously 4 shows into a tour with a reunited Slash/Axl/Duff and people bitch about the setlist which includes Coma DTJ. 

Please pick up some kind of hobby if the setlist is bothering you so much.

Out of likes, but this for sure!

I watched last nights gig on that exellent periscope stream, and it blew me away.

I laughed, smiled, cried and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I am going through a divorce atm, which kills me, cuz I am still in love with her. But after 13 years, she decided to dump me for another guy. This "reunion" is giving me some light back in my miserable life. I have something to look forward to. Something to get excited over. Something to love!

Do I want them to play Pretty tied up, Locomotive or Dont damn me? Sure, but I am totally fine with this setlist!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, riot said:

He's pointing the fact that from 2011 to 2016 gnr has pretty stopped changing the set from a show to another.

In 2006 and 2009-10 (a lot), apart from the first 4-5 songs the set changed a lot. The alt songs were given a lot of plays

Even through 2014 there was a decent amount of switching things up, even if not as much as 2009 and 2010. But between 2012 and 2014 I've seen them do (As far as non-regular songs go) Catcher In The Rye, Used To Love Her, Riff Raff, Shackler's Revenge, There Was A Time, Yesterdays, Marseilles, Prostitute, Whole Lotta Rosie, You're Crazy, and My Michelle, plus however many different songs BBF and Tommy did for their solo spots - that's not exactly nothing. 

But again, I'm not bothered by a static setlist - they're playing to huge crowds which are mostly full of casual fans, unlike the shows from 2002-2014 where the crowds were a higher ratio of diehard fans. We should consider ourselves lucky they even threw us diehards a bone by playing DTJ and Coma. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For what it's worth: the version of TIL last night was far and away the best version I've ever heard. 

What was the best song live? I love RQ this tour for some unknown reason :lol:

1 hour ago, Kira said:

If the band ever does do Slither, I have to believe Duff will sing it. This is Axl we are talking about, he's never going to sing a Weiland song.  Unless he has a personality transplant or something.

Why?  He sings Daltrey songs, McCartney songs, Dylan Songs, Bon songs, Brian Songs....he sat in Grohl's chair ffs.   I think he's already had that personality transplant, this is not the Axl of 1991 anymore if you have not noticed.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Why?  He sings Daltrey songs, McCartney songs, Dylan Songs, Bon songs, Brian Songs....he sat in Grohl's chair ffs.   I think he's already had that personality transplant, this is not the Axl of 1991 anymore if you have not noticed.  

Yeah I do agree with this, it's gonna be Axl who sings it, though I'm quite convinced Slithers gonna sit on the ALT setlist a long time just like Perfect Crime. 

Edited by rosesandguns

9 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Maybe it is the opposite. Maybe it is just about them and the music and playing together and connecting with people who show up and watch them play. Getting each song down tighter and sounding better. Add or remove songs as they feel like it or don't if they like what they are doing. Jumping through hoops just to do promotion and interviews? That doesn't sound like it is all about the music. That sounds like doing things just because people say you should. Isn't that closer to being in it for something other than the music than shutting everything out except for the music and the fans who show up at your show and sing along with you?

Maybe they don't want to be media whores like everyone seems to want them to be.

Just to give an alternate view.

Eh, just some press would suffice. They don't have to be media whores and do 90 interviews, just something would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

Yeah I do agree with this, it's gonna be Axl who sings it, though I'm quite convinced Slithers gonna sit on the ALT setlist a long time just like Perfect Crime. 

Yah, you may be right....I think they have settled in to this setlist and we won't see any changes until possibly Foxboro night 2.  Even then I'll be surprised.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, andy_rose said:

Out of likes, but this for sure!

I watched last nights gig on that exellent periscope stream, and it blew me away.

I laughed, smiled, cried and enjoyed the hell out of it.

I am going through a divorce atm, which kills me, cuz I am still in love with her. But after 13 years, she decided to dump me for another guy. This "reunion" is giving me some light back in my miserable life. I have something to look forward to. Something to get excited over. Something to love!

Do I want them to play Pretty tied up, Locomotive or Dont damn me? Sure, but I am totally fine with this setlist!

Sorry bro.Tough times for sure.I went through a similar situation after 15 years couple kids and another dude.music whether playing it or listening to it was my only escape as well for first 6 months to a year.It takes time for sure but it gets a whole lot better as time progresses .Hopefully sooner then later for you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Sorry bro.Tough times for sure.I went through a similar situation after 15 years couple kids and another dude.music whether playing it or listening to it was my only escape as well for first 6 months to a year.It takes time for sure but it gets a whole lot better as time progresses .Hopefully sooner then later for you

Yeah, two awesome kids here as well.

And big GNR fans now as well.

We watched the Vegas gigs on periscope, and when the second gig started, my 11 year old daughter said : "dad, I really hope they play Coma again. I loved your story behind that song. These guys looks cooler than One Direction!" Big grin on dads face :-D 

And yeah, we went to McDonalds that day hehe.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, you may be right....I think they have settled in to this setlist and we won't see any changes until possibly Foxboro night 2.  Even then I'll be surprised.

I'm surprised they didn't throw out a couple alternates last night. It could've sold some tickets for the other 2nd dates. If I lived in a 2 show city, I'd try to go to both if I could afford it, if I thought I'd get a different show.

I guess they think the quality of the alts right now aren't up to par with what's currently being played. Which is understandable cuz everything they are playing sounds great.

Attended the show last night from Pittsburgh thanks to @RussTCB's link, and holy hell was it amazing. I've never seen Guns before, so I had the greatest time. Not sure how Axl sounded to you guys through periscope and etc., but he sounded great live. Alice in Chains were great too. Wow what a show. Cheers everyone! :headbang:

• Like 4