07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

18 hours ago, AFGnR said:

I swear Axl is improving, moving around more, short sprints, holding notes longer etc. Looking more agile. :-)

End of This I Love:

This is awesome, close to perfection, Axl is a GOD s050.gif :wub:

about TIL solo I know Slash is trying to do his own thing, but still needs work, I didn't like it much -_-

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickjkd1977 said:

How do you get the actual paper set list from the show? I've seen some people get these at other shows.

they are usually taped up all over the stage, often in front of every musicians place, also all over the sides for crew and many are within reach of security or venue staff.  as a camera operator on gigs i have been asked countless times by someone up front to lean over and get the set list for them.  my tip is to get someones attention as early as you can at the end of the show and sweet talk them into getting it for you.  

16 minutes ago, rickjkd1977 said:

How do you get the actual paper set list from the show? I've seen some people get these at other shows.

I know someone who is an expert at this.  She has tons of setlists from shows.  Her method to success is two-fold.  Number one, she is female and attractive.  So, that's probably the key.  But number two, she simply asks nicely :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I know someone who is an expert at this.  She has tons of setlists from shows.  Her method to success is two-fold.  Number one, she is female and attractive.  So, that's probably the key.  But number two, she simply asks nicely :)

Damn! Im out! 

20 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Someone posted the full show: 1:00:40 for This I Love.

Thanks again for this link. I skipped around some of it yesterday and the show was every bit as good as I thought it was.

Downloading and converting to mp3 now so I can play it back in the car through the week. So, SO glad I saw this show. What an awesome way to say farewell to the tour for me!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Did no one properly record a decent video of that "This I Love" ?? That would be sad ://
So good 

It's at least part of the full show video that someone posted and I quoted above. I have no idea how to separate it or I'd do that.

I've been skipping TIL since the start of NITL tour, I used to love TIL during its early years but couldn't seem to stand listening to it anymore these days (from concert recordings). Somehow some of you have convinced me to watch it and that's what I did. To say I was blown away is an understatement. Easily the best TIL in these recent years. Full of emotions and raw energy. Axl, I LOVE YOU. Keep rockin'.

Edited by cheesecake
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I've been skipping TIL since the start of NITL tour, I used to love TIL during its early years but couldn't seem to stand listening to it anymore these days (from concert recordings). Somehow some of you have convinced me to watch it and that's what I did. To say I was blown away is an understatement. Easily the best TIL in these recent years. Full of emotions and raw energy. Axl, I LOVE YOU. Keep rockin'.

Yes, not hyperbole for a change, it seemed to take on extra emotion and power on Sunday, like a call and response between Axl and Slash, who could raise it further ! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I never really liked the song, not even at the April shows, but the last performances are really growing on me and it's becoming one of my favourite songs of the setlist. Slash's guitar and Axl's vocals. Mesmerizing. :drool:

35 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Someone described first half (upto the solo) of the 2010 version basically an Axl Rose solo such was the dominance and power of his vocals. After 2010 it became far weaker and suffeed as a reslt.

TIL at this show basically did the same thing, except Slash added another level to it. Vocally no one can say he didn't give it everything he had at this show.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks again for this link. I skipped around some of it yesterday and the show was every bit as good as I thought it was.

Downloading and converting to mp3 now so I can play it back in the car through the week. So, SO glad I saw this show. What an awesome way to say farewell to the tour for me!

You mean:

"What an awesome way to encourage me to get my ass to Toronto next week!"

;)

• Like 3

One thing I notice about the production which is pretty cool compared to most concerts, is how there is no delay between the giant video and the sound. Most shows with screens that I've seen will have some slight gap between the two, but at these shows it's perfectly in sync. You can follow the notes of the solos and the hits of the drums pretty much to the split second on the screen.