07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

1 hour ago, KIKOZ3 said:

When Finck did the same with Slash solos you din t think that way.

Slash attempt at TIL solo sucks every night.

The original solo still better.

The fact is Finck solo has more soul than Slash solo.

It seems like Slash now like to play fast... like he needs to proove something.

Wish to see the Blues, drunk, loose and amazing Slash back.

tommy-lee-wtf-meme-generator-seriously-w

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I much prefer Slash's solos on TIL than any version Ashba or Fink ever did, I just love Slash's natural way of phrasing notes in general.

No! the studio version of This I Love is a fantastic solo. Same goes for the outro solo on Better. And yes, both of which are MUCH better than what Slash is doing with them. Slash is shredding while the originals are restrained. I love Slash and I don't hate what he's playing, but! I absolutely prefer the way both of those solos were written, the originals fit the music and leave space in songs that need to breathe, Better already has several shreddy moments: so to add an other solo in that vein doesn't really add to the song. 

He's entitled to do what he wants with them, but I remain of the belief that some solos should be respected while others can be changed: both of those are IMO, top class solos and they should be played closer to the record.

• Like 1

I was at both shows and they had only the 300 and 400 level only on the north side of the stadium blocked off and everything else was pretty damn full.  I'm not sure how many were at the first night but the second was still a great amount of people.  i was worried that there would be less but it was still pretty full.  

i must say that i enjoyed the second show much better though.  partially cause i had much better seats and i went with my best friend (went with the wife the first night and she doesn't know the gnr catalog but whats played on the radio) and we sang the lyrics to every song like mad men lol

i will say that they were the best shows i have ever been too, the energy can't be explained.  considering axis age he sounds great, period and end of sentence.  the man is 54, come on guys.  once your there and in the moment, the band sounds fantastic.  

with as great of a time that i had, it was still bitter sweet without the original 5.  i honestly never thought they would get back if it was not the original 5 and the fact there has been no talk from slash and others about what the hell happened with izzy and steven infuriates me.  that melissa reese really really fuckin irritates me too, why the fuck is she there.  its really stupid to me.  

i love fortus as a player but he doesn't belong there, thats izzys spot and nobody will ever change my mind about that.  same goes for frank on drums too, thats stevens spot.  i really was a lil down when they play double talking jive, that izzys song man.  just felt so wrong without him and steven there.  but at the same time it was so awesome seeing slash and axl together lol.  a very bitter sweet two shows for me.  all that march being sold with the appetite skeletons and the original 5 on em really pisses me off too.

to end i will say that this to me still isn't gnr and never will be without the original 5 but 3/5 is better than 1/5 lol.  

I have a video from the show during the seeker that i would like to post but its not working for me. 

1 hour ago, chicago appetite said:

I was at both shows and they had only the 300 and 400 level only on the north side of the stadium blocked off and everything else was pretty damn full.  I'm not sure how many were at the first night but the second was still a great amount of people.  i was worried that there would be less but it was still pretty full.  

i must say that i enjoyed the second show much better though.  partially cause i had much better seats and i went with my best friend (went with the wife the first night and she doesn't know the gnr catalog but whats played on the radio) and we sang the lyrics to every song like mad men lol

i will say that they were the best shows i have ever been too, the energy can't be explained.  considering axis age he sounds great, period and end of sentence.  the man is 54, come on guys.  once your there and in the moment, the band sounds fantastic.  

with as great of a time that i had, it was still bitter sweet without the original 5.  i honestly never thought they would get back if it was not the original 5 and the fact there has been no talk from slash and others about what the hell happened with izzy and steven infuriates me.  that melissa reese really really fuckin irritates me too, why the fuck is she there.  its really stupid to me.  

i love fortus as a player but he doesn't belong there, thats izzys spot and nobody will ever change my mind about that.  same goes for frank on drums too, thats stevens spot.  i really was a lil down when they play double talking jive, that izzys song man.  just felt so wrong without him and steven there.  but at the same time it was so awesome seeing slash and axl together lol.  a very bitter sweet two shows for me.  all that march being sold with the appetite skeletons and the original 5 on em really pisses me off too.

to end i will say that this to me still isn't gnr and never will be without the original 5 but 3/5 is better than 1/5 lol.  

I have a video from the show during the seeker that i would like to post but its not working for me. 

Where have I read this before? :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Post video ASAP please! 

I can't find a separate video from the 2nd night, but I found this, the video is just ok, but the sound is not that band, go to 1:00:38 for TIL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chicago appetite said:

yes, i posted it earlier and had no replies so i deleted the old post and reposted...im busted lol.  i also want to post a video but don't know how

All good :)

Your best bet for video is just to upload it to YouTube, then paste that link here. 

• 2 weeks later...