07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

4 minutes ago, Estranged Fan said:

I'm with ya. I don't care for Catcher, but I loved tonight's take!

These live versions are the best. The CD one is a bit of a mess and the other times it was played live Axl didnt sound good but tonight it was great. I hope they play it more and they all improve the song each night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Would probably be crucified here but personally I would prefer less chinese democracy songs and more illusions/appetite/lies songs performed.

Nothing wrong with that and most likely the majority In attendance and watching around the world would agree with you.

• Like 1

Just now, ironmt said:

Nothing wrong with that and most likely the majority In attendance and watching around the world would agree with you.

Agree. I like many of you woke up early Sunday morning when CD was released at Best Buy.  However, there are so many UYI songs I would love to hear played. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ok here we go lol, look if Slash wasn't into these songs he wouldn't have learned them without Axl even asking him to.  And improvised doesn' mean bad, he sounded great tonight.  It wasn't souless at all, what are you talking about

there are a lot impro segments by slash on this tour...the impro part before the godfather theme was also very sloppy...we all know that slash can do much better than this.

Just now, maxpax said:

there are a lot impro segments by slash on this tour...the impro part before the godfather theme was also very sloppy...we all know that slash can do much better than this.

Again, like I said it sound fine to my guitar-playing ears

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Would probably be crucified here but personally I would prefer less chinese democracy songs and more illusions/appetite/lies songs performed.

I hope that you wouldn't be crucified for saying this... I respect the hell out of the bands decision to play more off CD and I think Slash and Duff are playing these tunes because they legitimately want to. With that being said, I would kill for another illusion cut or two instead of another CD bust out. Just my opinion. And I am not hating on anything, honestly. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and I respect anything and everything they want to do right now. The decision to play CD stuff instead of old school cuts I hope means that they want to keep looking and moving forward, right into a new album. Maybe re-release a few of the CD songs with the boys on it. Like I said, I love this band so much right now but would not object to see Locomotive over Madagascar in the near future!

• Like 1

The CD songs are good for them to play. I think it helps the band see where they are at as a band to find some chemistry where as the other stuff they've played a thousand times. In an odd way it's probably nice to play something different for them and to make something new at it. 

Hopefully the new music rumor is true so we see what they really got 

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

The CD songs are good for them to play. I think it helps the band see where they are at as a band to find some chemistry where as the other stuff they've played a thousand times. In an odd way it's probably nice to play something different for them and to make something new at it. 

Hopefully the new music rumor is true so we see what they really got 

Say what?  That's just silly....Breakdown has only been played twice, Locomotive not much more.  So, those would basically be brand new songs, just like the CD material to this group.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but I don't think you'll be crucified :D

A lot of people feel that way, I myself have always been curious about slash and duffs take on Chinese material but it's also kind of strange because it kind of sends the message that it's More of Axl/Fortus/Frank/Dizzys band and Slash and Duff were just joining it.