07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

Just now, Top-Hatted One said:

ok I will take a long. It's something that annoyed me since Detroit but I chalked it up to Slash breaking his string and improvising but then he did it again in Washington dc

You may be talking about something different than I am...but Fortus was taking some liberties with adding in some extra licks.  They weren't terrible really, but it was noticeable maybe bc he was literally right in front of the scoper I was watching at the time. 

Just now, tsinindy said:

You may be talking about something different than I am...but Fortus was taking some liberties with adding in some extra licks.  They weren't terrible really, but it was noticeable maybe bc he was literally right in front of the scoper I was watching at the time. 

Yea he probably was adding something that was unnecessarily loud and annoying. Any change to that outro I'm going to notice right away and is going to annoy the fuck out of me. Its one of if not my favorite gnr moment ever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

I dig Catcher. It appropriately has a Beatlesesque quality considering the inspiration (John Lennon)

I don't mind a sloppy GnR. I just want a GnR w/ lots of attitude. If I want perfection without attitude I'll listen to Tool haha

Yea I've said it before. A modern day Beatlesque tune. It has a special undertone that speaks to you when you are going through a rough time. Felt it the first time I heard the leak. Album version just didn't do it for me. Too much added bs and soulless guitar noodling from Bumble. I knew Slash would bring it back to life

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Not sure what to make of Slash's solo at this point. Wonder if he'll stick with this rendition or change it up like he did with TIL for first few shows? Always preferred Bumblefoot's take over May's. Really cool to see Slash play it nonetheless, seeing him play these ChiDem tracks has been highlight for me of this tour.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Not a fan of Chinese material period but what was It about Catcher that some thought was bad? Just curious. I thought Axl sounded fine.

Best clean voice he's had in 10 years 

he nailed it. The composition of the song was a little off but they will get tighter if they keep playing it. 

I thought it was amazing 

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Best clean voice he's had in 10 years 

he nailed it. The composition of the song was a little off but they will get tighter if they keep playing it. 

I thought it was amazing 

Yeah they have Improved on every song that they have played more then once. It will be Interesting to see where they go with the song If they continue to play It.

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

i dont like impro at all especially in the solos that HE RECORDED! Every single note from YCBM solo is a masterpiece and he should nail it.

Slash is a legend because the feeling that he makes when he play,but i dont like when he improvises

Thats understandable for you as a fan. but put yourself in his shoes. he's played the songs thousands of times. It would be boring to play it note for note. Most Rock guitar players like to improvise. the only ones that dont are the shredders, who play stuff note for note.

same thing with the Chinese Democracy songs. Some people are butthurt because he improvises on the solos, but why the hell would Slash try to replicate solos from other guitar players. Ive never seen him do it. Its much more fun as a guitar player to put your own spin on shit and make it your own than to copy

Edited by NicDwolfwood
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Like most songs on CD, Catcher was probably a great song 30 tacked-on ideas prior.

I do enjoy CD as an album, but this is true. If had been not so over produced and rewrote a thousand times, it could have been great. Anyways, that's another conversation.