07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

Catcher In The Rye is a boring, godawful song.  As all CD material that has been performed so far, Slash's solos are amazing and the only good thing about them.

didn't think the solo was any better than any other stuff he did with CD songs, I wish he would just slow the fuck down for a bit :D 

• Like 1

Dynamite show.  Strolled in at 8:25 and got right to the security barrier.  Was only a few feet from the band, head trip.  

Cather was great and I don't even like Chinese Democracy.  

I enjoyed it better than Vegas (4/9) but equal to Toronto.  The band seemed more into the Toronto show and Axl smiled/interacted more, but my position near the stage in Foxboro was unreal so on par.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, UYI1986 said:

Why are they playing so many songs from Chinese? And this is coming from someone that bought Chinese, liked it, and played it for awhile. 

GNR is one of the biggest rock groups in the world due to what they accomplished from 87-93. Chinese didn't add anything to the legacy. Play some more illusion cuts! Right next door to hell, bad obsession, pretty tied up, dead horse, perfect crime, etc....patience and don't cry should be played at every single concert and drop the freaking seeker. Out to get me and my Michele should be staples as well. The set list has been cool but it could be freaking epic. And it's annoying that the songs they're adding are from Chinese. Rant over. 

Maybe Slash is taking them on more than Axl. I think Slash and Duff are making a push to play this stuff over Axl forcing it on them. 

maybe they are doing this now so they can dive into the other stuff later...I mean they really just started what could be a 2 year tour

Really cool that they changed the setlist up for people who attended the 20th. I would've loved to do both, or heard Catcher in the Rye and Don't Cry on the 19th. But we got My Michelle and Patience. This tour is so damn insane. Changing set lists, Slash is back, they're on time...what a bizzaro land! Wish I could have gotten one of the July 20th lithos though, because now my 19th one feels incomplete when I see the two framed side by side. 

1 hour ago, UYI1986 said:

Why are they playing so many songs from Chinese? And this is coming from someone that bought Chinese, liked it, and played it for awhile. 

GNR is one of the biggest rock groups in the world due to what they accomplished from 87-93. Chinese didn't add anything to the legacy. Play some more illusion cuts! Right next door to hell, bad obsession, pretty tied up, dead horse, perfect crime, etc....patience and don't cry should be played at every single concert and drop the freaking seeker. Out to get me and my Michele should be staples as well. The set list has been cool but it could be freaking epic. And it's annoying that the songs they're adding are from Chinese. Rant over. 

I am happy for all the people who enjoy hearing the CD songs on this tour. But i am one of those fans who just can`t enjoy them as much. For me personally those are Axls Songs, not band-songs and doesnt matter how often i hear them i get the feeling that the band are covering an Axl-Song. Or Slash and Duff are playing on a cover of one of Axls songs. Just my personal opinion. Would be nice to hear more of the stuff the whole band wrote together. More GNR songs, and not Axl-Songs. They should just throw in some brand new songs, then everyone would be happy :)

• Like 2

Wow. What an incredible 2 nights. Being on the rail tonight was an amazing experience. It's surreal to watch them play from so close. My throat is absolutely destroyed from singing (more like screaming), my back and legs are killing me, but it's all worth it.

During Lenny's set, he and his guitarist jumped down and stood on part of the rail literally inches in front of me. It was unbelievable:

As for Guns, what else is there to say? They get better each night and tonight was no different. Catcher was a wonderful surprise. I'm sure it was a little sloppy since it was their first time playing it, but it's not something I noticed in the moment. I really want to drive to NYC for one (or both) of those shows, but I think I'll have to hold off.

Just want to conclude by saying these were 2 of the best nights of my life. Whatever happens with this band going forward, I feel at peace with Guns N' Roses.

Pictures attached below...

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

• Like 3

Well all I can say is that was the best concert I ever went to. Just pissed off I couldnt get enough of a signal to Periscope it to you. Then i see the Lenny Kravitz scope I did do sounded like total overmodulated shit. Live and learn. I recorded most of the show but it came out the same way, overmodulated shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Catcher In The Rye is a boring, godawful song.  As all CD material that has been performed so far, Slash's solos are amazing and the only good thing about them.

i have to disagree. except for twat, all slash solos are improvised crap. even duff and slash can't make CD sound like a gnr album. axl can release whatever he wants under an other band name, but stay away from gnr with this experimental stuff...CD sounds still saulless. i'm a slash fan, but buckets, robins and mays guitar work on CD was better. he and duff should stop trying to add CD material into the gnr legacy. 

Edited by maxpax

2 hours ago, Jbat81 said:

Barely post here but I was periscoping as jbat81... This is my recording of CITR... Better show today hen last night I tought... They all great tho. Enjoy

great recording, you guys singing along and all the fun was awesome :)

The song is great, AXL was perfect, awesome, GOD :wub: Slash's solo wasn't bad at all, but nothing special... overall the band was great 

• Like 1