07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Is it really so hard to imagine that Sluff would actually want to play these songs?! Just to make them their own or to add their own touch to them. Or because they're new and more interesting to play for them. Or even just as a nice gesture towards Axl. Or all of the above. Not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy.

And Christ, I'm not usually one to defend Axl's shit, but this is getting ridiculous. He's done a complete 180° recently, has behaved exemplary so far and seems like an all around mature and nice dude at the moment. Give the guy a fucking break, he's not Stalin or Hitler or anything. And Slash and Duff are no fucking pussies either who'd bend over for Axl and cater to all his whims. If they really didn't want to play CD songs, they wouldn't do it. They're filthy rich 50 year old rock stars, no one makes them do anything if they absolutely don't want to. 

Yeah, I'm getting tired of this debate too. There's no reason not to believe Axl for now. And Slash and Duff learning these songs to make Axl happy or as a kind of bonding gesture is a nice thought. Plus, it sounds exactly like the kind of thing Duff would come up with because he's sweet like that. (And then he probably talked Slash into it, just like he did that time he talked Slash into signing off on something Axl needed).

17 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I'm so happy that Axl is playing more Chinese songs as a personal "FUCK YOU!" to all the bridge goblins who keep bitching about them in every thread. I've predicted they'd play more and more of them and we've had two more this week. What are these bridge ogryns going to say when Slash and Duff do a bunch of interviews and talk about how much they've enjoyed playing the newer songs? Probably make up some bullshit in their tiny pea-brains about Axl ordering them to say it. 

I've actually been waiting for Slash to say something like "I've always wanted to give Sorry a try, it's my favorite song on CD." Just to watch the fall-out :popcorn:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Well said. Can't agree more.

But I think RooSaa wasn't implying that really, i believe he/she was just playing safe since we really don't know the real story.

Yeah, but she also said Axl is calling the shots when it comes to the songs and kept questioning Axl's truthfulnes in the other thread we recently had here as well. It's hard not to notice how some people here prefer to believe what they want to believe (ie Axl being a dictator and forcing all these horrible CD songs on Slash and Duff) rather than sticking to the facts. And fact is, we don't know shit about how all this went down one way or another, except for the things Axl mentioned at the China Exchange. As long as we don't hear anything else, that's all we have to go on right now. 

1 minute ago, Un42nutzly said:

I was hesitant of the CITR performance when reading some of the member's comments, but after watching, I thought it was superb!! I don't get all the hate.

Some people just love to whine.

I don't even like CITR, and I still thought it was a pretty decent performance.

• Like 3

@Gibbo

okay, heres the closest thing i could find at this point in time,and it looks like it was ripped straight from the periscope. Check the 5:45 mark. Sounds like he tries to play the end of the Star Spangled Banner, but fucks up and just says fuck it then noodles a bit and then bam! makes a mad dash that would make Usain Bolt jealous! 

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Why do you keep implying in every thread that Axl probably lied when he said that? As of right now, there is literally zero reason to believe he lied about that. And until Duff or Slash say otherwise, I see no reason to doubt him.

Is it really so hard to imagine that Sluff would actually want to play these songs?! Just to make them their own or to add their own touch to them. Or because they're new and more interesting to play for them. Or even just as a nice gesture towards Axl. Or all of the above. Not everything has to be a fucking conspiracy.

And Christ, I'm not usually one to defend Axl's shit, but this is getting ridiculous. He's done a complete 180° recently, has behaved exemplary so far and seems like an all around mature and nice dude at the moment. Give the guy a fucking break, he's not Stalin or Hitler or anything. And Slash and Duff are no fucking pussies either who'd bend over for Axl and cater to all his whims. If they really didn't want to play CD songs, they wouldn't do it. They're filthy rich 50 year old rock stars, no one makes them do anything if they absolutely don't want to. 

yeah, i seem to complain about that topic a lot, sorry. :) I am just not a person who believes everything everyone says. Especially if there are more people involved but there is only one side of the story. But you are right, as long as nobody else really speaks, this is all we have. I have to accept that :)

And i can see too that Axl has changed from his past behavior. :)

1 hour ago, squaleca2 said:

Lead Guitarist Slash and Keyboardist Melissa wearing T-shirts at Gillet Stadium to let fans know what they think of lead singers Axl Rose Vocals

mic.png.68d88eeb657ae6732192727c6188a55c.png

From IG to Tshirt, Slash

anyway, I dunno if this already posted or not but it seems They rehearse this before the show

So Somebody need to listen/video Them soundcheck/rehearsal if They play another new Alt Songs

Edited by SerenityScorp