07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

There's gotta be some decent dropoff between everyone that heard it, and everyone that loved it, enough to want to hear those songs in a reunion tour.

Yes, most definitely. I downloaded them in '08 from Napster/Kazaa/Dc++ whatever was it back then, and decided not to go buy it, and haven't listened to it since.

There are multiple threads/topics here & in Reddit about fe. Catcher, and wishing them would play Madagascar. I kinda came to a conclusion that if some people in a forum, that consists mostly of die hard 87-93 Guns fans, wanna hear that stuff, there must be more outside these boards. It also seems like people are talking about CD left-over materials or the CD2 or even remixing the original CD a lot down here. Just can't help myself not thinking that if there wouldn't be people who liked CD enough to hear those songs on a reunion tour, why would they even consider of ever wanting to listen something that's been vaulted in the process of making that album? 

Just my two cents on what I've been reading. I'm completely fine with switching all CD songs to UYI songs if I may. 

1 hour ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

The posts in this thread are a bummer. We've got Guns N' Fucking Roses firing on all cylinders, performing some kick ass shows, and people are arguing about Chinese Democracy songs, whether members are good in the band, wanting other members back. Shut the fuck up. Go to a show and stop bitching. July 19th was the greatest night in my life, GN'R was fantastic, and coming into this thread expecting reviews, photos, videos and being met with "Well they should probably play more of what I want and less of what you want" is fucking lame. 

Well said ! It's ridiculous as fuck the incessant moaning and nit picking by those who scrutinise Periscope on a nightly basis. Periscope is not a place to be watching live music on expecting it to be as if you were at the venue.
The shows 'rock' , we have 3-4 out of 5 original members but let's moan about a set list and invent fantasy role playing scenarios whereby we try to predict how people they have never met think and feel, clueless.

Movie of the day- Idiocracy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Not really, Melissa hasn't contributed the towel dance yet :lol:

back in the day, we had tracey and roberta for backing vocals and there was never this kind of backlash or hate for having them.  So they have melissa now for backing vox in some songs...and cuing other sounds like the intro they now use for nighttrain. Even if she isnt used in a bunch of the songs in the set, she IS NEEDED for other parts of the set...so just can all this garbage about her already

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

back in the day, we had tracey and roberta for backing vocals and there was never this kind of backlash or hate for having them.  So they have melissa now for backing vox in some songs...and cuing other sounds like the intro they now use for nighttrain. Even if she isnt used in a bunch of the songs in the set, she IS NEEDED for other parts of the set...so just can all this garbage about her already

I agree 100%, but just wanted to add that Axl controls the horns for the Nightrain intro. Last night I could see him walk up to the horns and pick something up, and when he pressed his thumb in the horns sounded. I thought it was pretty cool because I had also figured it was done by a computer or something.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Not really, Melissa hasn't contributed the towel dance yet :lol:

oh really?? Yikes, my bad on that...but still, you know she is contributing parts for sure...even if she is just playing chords on the synth in some songs it is adding to the full sound that is guns n roses.  If you go back to 1991/2/3 clips there are alot of times where the songs ( although still amazing ) sounded thin or empty in spaces

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

The album sold 3 million copies in a time when everyone was already downloading everything and album sales dropped drastically. There are loads of people who are fans of that particular album. Just to clarify: I'm definitely not one of them. 

So did Contraband actually sell more copies than Chinese Democracy?

5 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

The posts in this thread are a bummer. We've got Guns N' Fucking Roses firing on all cylinders, performing some kick ass shows, and people are arguing about Chinese Democracy songs, whether members are good in the band, wanting other members back. Shut the fuck up. Go to a show and stop bitching. July 19th was the greatest night in my life, GN'R was fantastic, and coming into this thread expecting reviews, photos, videos and being met with "Well they should probably play more of what I want and less of what you want" is fucking lame. 

I saw them last week at this time aND it seemed I was the only one to stand and sing for all the songs. Should have saw my face when they debuted Sorry.. I wish they'd replace TIL with another chinese song because it has so many good songs like you said July 14th was one of the greatest days, they can play whatever they wanted and I'd be a giddy fan for life no matter. I was most excited for better, Coma and Chinese Democracy I guess no one really likes the chinese songs or melissa like I do.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Well said. Can't agree more.

But I think RooSaa wasn't implying that really, i believe he/she was just playing safe since we really don't know the real story.

Amen.  Maybe they're just having fun.  Christ, everything here turns into a teenage drama.  Life is short.  Enjoy the ride.  A year ago this all seemed impossible.  Enjoy what we have here.  Or save yourself the high blood pressure and log off.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I saw them last week at this time aND it seemed I was the only one to stand and sing for all the songs. Should have saw my face when they debuted Sorry.. I wish they'd replace TIL with another chinese song because it has so many good songs like you said July 14th was one of the greatest days, they can play whatever they wanted and I'd be a giddy fan for life no matter. I was most excited for better, Coma and Chinese Democracy I guess no one really likes the chinese songs or melissa like I do.

I love Better too and if I am the only one standing up singing it when I finally see them next month, then so be it! I think the only time I will sit is during the guitar solos. :) 

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I love Better too and if I am the only one standing up singing it when I finally see them next month, then so be it! I think the only time I will sit is during the guitar solos. :) 

Everyone around me only stood up for sweet child, and welcome to the jungle. I screamed out omg it's sorry. They are playing sorry. Wish you were here wqs popluar. My wife went with and she isn't a gnr fan, she knows some but she was impressed. I don't know why people complain about CD songs. It's a guns n roses album, just like deep purple plays songs from every lineup. Sorry if you don't want to hear cd songs but cd is a gnr album and their are fans of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Hollywood Zombie said:

Everyone around me only stood up for sweet child, and welcome to the jungle. I screamed out omg it's sorry. They are playing sorry. Wish you were here wqs popluar. My wife went with and she isn't a gnr fan, she knows some but she was impressed. I don't know why people complain about CD songs. It's a guns n roses album, just like deep purple plays songs from every lineup. Sorry if you don't want to hear cd songs but cd is a gnr album and their are fans of it.

I cant believe people do not stand up for most of the concert! Is that the norm? That blows my mind! I am going to be WAY to pumped to sit down even if my feet/back are killing me. I got a seat just so I can rest during the guitar solos but yeah the rest of the time I am sure as hell going to be singing and standing to it all including slow songs like TIL.