07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

10 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I cant believe people do not stand up for most of the concert! Is that the norm? That blows my mind! I am going to be WAY to pumped to sit down even if my feet/back are killing me. I got a seat just so I can rest during the guitar solos but yeah the rest of the time I am sure as hell going to be singing and standing to it all including slow songs like TIL.

My brother stood up for the whole show on 7/19. I also stood up for the whole thing except for Better, cause I don't really give too much of a fuck about that one. I got up for Slash's solo tho cause I think his interpretation of that solo kicks ass!

• Like 1

TIL was beautiful live

12 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I cant believe people do not stand up for most of the concert! Is that the norm? That blows my mind! I am going to be WAY to pumped to sit down even if my feet/back are killing me. I got a seat just so I can rest during the guitar solos but yeah the rest of the time I am sure as hell going to be singing and standing to it all including slow songs like TIL.

TIL was beautiful I thought. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Throatrake said:

Went to both shows. 2nd night was much better IMO.

I'll tell you one thing, people were very,  very happy to see this band again!. 

If Axl could somehow regain his mid range rasp and add a little more volume to it, he'd start a whole new Axl obsession for this generation. 

The crowd cheered every loud, raspy scream he belted ; ie Jungle, LALD, OTGM, ISO

The fierce mid range voice is just not there anymore.. 

Anyways, Axl appeared to be in a better mood last night and as usual, put in a sh*t ton of effort into the performance. 

Guy just delivers like no other. 

If the '06 vocals were happening right now, GN'R would take over once again! 

Don't get me wrong, this reunion is amazing, people LOVE it and I'm extremely grateful for being able to see them again. 

These are great days were living! 

It's a shame the mid-range has all but vanished. His top-end is as good as it's ever been.

Great videos, thanks for sharing those as well as your experiences.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Pfft, it happens all the time - see Rihanna at Wembley Stadium the other month. Guns N' Roses are doing just great.

Over all they are doing great but they deserved a bigger crowd last night IMO.

The bigger crowd was there the night before. It was sold out on the 19th. That was the night I attended. I think they are doing very well to sell out Gillette one night and then sell out over half the stadium the following night.  What are other hairbands doing?  Nothin....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Throatrake said:

uploading it now. give it a few min

Wow.....that was a magnificent RQ :headbang: Though, I wouldn't mind it if it was a little shorter, the jamming part is kinda longish 

Too bad we don't have a better video. Why aren't there good videos for these last couple of shows? I don't get it, we had plenty of those from the beggining of the tour....

11 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

In Vegas the vast majority of the  entire arena was standing the entire time, on both nights. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I don't know why people complain about CD songs. It's a guns n roses album, just like deep purple plays songs from every lineup. Sorry if you don't want to hear cd songs but cd is a gnr album and their are fans of it.

But they have so many better older songs that are not getting played because of CD songs.

13 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

So did Contraband actually sell more copies than Chinese Democracy?

Yeah absolutely, Contraband has sold 4 million copies, a million more than Chinese.

Just gotta remember that record sales (overally) in 2004 when Contraband was released was almost 700 million. In 2008 when Chinese was released, record sales had dropped to 350 million. http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2010/08/25/129428450/album-sales-hit-record-lows

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Throatrake said:

Went to both shows. 2nd night was much better IMO.

I'll tell you one thing, people were very,  very happy to see this band again!. 

If Axl could somehow regain his mid range rasp and add a little more volume to it, he'd start a whole new Axl obsession for this generation. 

The crowd cheered every loud, raspy scream he belted ; ie Jungle, LALD, OTGM, ISO

The fierce mid range voice is just not there anymore.. 

Anyways, Axl appeared to be in a better mood last night and as usual, put in a sh*t ton of effort into the performance. 

Guy just delivers like no other. 

If the '06 vocals were happening right now, GN'R would take over once again! 

Don't get me wrong, this reunion is amazing, people LOVE it and I'm extremely grateful for being able to see them again. 

These are great days were living! 

Someone said it.. As awesome as these shows have been that "mid range" voice as people call it is just bad.  It sounds very weak but having Slash and Duff there helps to offset that. People that say that Axl sounds as good as he did back in the days are just over excited. There are realistically only a handful of songs a night that he sounds great consistently throughout the whole thing. 

Like you said people are just very happy to see this band again and his other voices have been great.. His screams are just blowing people away and there are still plenty of holy shit did he just do that moments. His lower register voices and delivery have been awesome too. He is commanding the stage, tossing his mic around like the old days with just enough vigor.

I think his most consistent outstanding songs have been.

Jungle
It's So Easy
Out Ta Get Me
Brownstone
DTJ
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Hollywood Zombie said:

I saw them last week at this time aND it seemed I was the only one to stand and sing for all the songs. Should have saw my face when they debuted Sorry.. I wish they'd replace TIL with another chinese song because it has so many good songs like you said July 14th was one of the greatest days, they can play whatever they wanted and I'd be a giddy fan for life no matter. I was most excited for better, Coma and Chinese Democracy I guess no one really likes the chinese songs or melissa like I do.

Philly was great, but same here. The section I was in, everybody sat down/started talking during the new songs... Even Better, which surprised me since it's so loud and aggressive. But what I found surprising was that people all stood up and really got into the Godfather solo!  I thought the solos/intermissions would be the parts of the show where people became less engaged. I loved hearing Sorry, TiL, etc. But the general audience energy definitely dipped for them. 

Philly was a fantastic show though, in person you really don't notice the midrange weaknesses people mention - Axl sounded damn fierce. It was an extremely humid night and those guys delivered one of the best concerts I've ever been to. You could literally see globs of sweat just flying off their arms during the songs, I'm not even sure how it's possible to play guitar accurately when you are that sweaty. :lol: but yeah, I am so happy I got to see them live after so many years. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Wow.....that was a magnificent RQ :headbang: Though, I wouldn't mind it if it was a little shorter, the jamming part is kinda longish 

Too bad we don't have a better video. Why aren't there good videos for these last couple of shows? I don't get it, we had plenty of those from the beggining of the tour....

Perhaps because people are watching the shows and enjoying themselves ?

20 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Perhaps because people are watching the shows and enjoying themselves ?

As it should be. I'm not complaining about the lack of videos (if I was there I wouldn't even bother to take my phone out) it's just that we had a lot of videos for the first couple of shows compared to these last few, where we barely have any.....

39 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

Philly was great, but same here. The section I was in, everybody sat down/started talking during the new songs... Even Better, which surprised me since it's so loud and aggressive. But what I found surprising was that people all stood up and really got into the Godfather solo!  I thought the solos/intermissions would be the parts of the show where people became less engaged. I loved hearing Sorry, TiL, etc. But the general audience energy definitely dipped for them. 

Philly was a fantastic show though, in person you really don't notice the midrange weaknesses people mention - Axl sounded damn fierce. It was an extremely humid night and those guys delivered one of the best concerts I've ever been to. You could literally see globs of sweat just flying off their arms during the songs, I'm not even sure how it's possible to play guitar accurately when you are that sweaty. :lol: but yeah, I am so happy I got to see them live after so many years. 

Good point. I was surprised people were yelling when slash n richard played layla. And even The Seeker was well received were i was standing.

people might not like it. But it suits well after the slow song (patience/dont cry) and the magnificent ending. And its short.

plus slash really seems to enjoy that one. He was moving a lot for this song.

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Jungle
It's So Easy
Out Ta Get Me
Brownstone
DTJ
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry

I'd add Civil War and Nightrain to that list as well, both songs he is putting a lot of effort into.

I'd say Civil War, Out Ta Get Me and Brownstone are the 3 most improved vocal performances compared with the 2012-2014 era (the era where anything even just out of his comfort zone and he wimped out on it.)

Brownstone sounds right out of 2010 on this tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

Nice!

Orlando next week should be one of the hottest shows on the tour.  The heat index here during the days is easily 105....should be better by evening but it will still be very hot and humid.

I was actually surprised to see they scheduled it right in the middle of summer....figured they would do Orlando in June or maybe later in August...when it's slightly less hot.

Should be an experience...and for those in the pit...make sure y'all keep hydrated....?

• Like 1

Just now, koldweather said:

I'd add Civil War and Nightrain to that list as well, both songs he is putting a lot of effort into.

I'd say Civil War, Out Ta Get Me and Brownstone are the 3 most improved vocal performances compared with the 2012-2014 era (the era where anything even just out of his comfort zone and he wimped out on it.)

I agree. This I Love also is sounding almost right out of 2010. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Yeah that is the thing, you can see the effort.. Nightrain is real good too..  He never seems to remember the words to Civil War (don't think he ever has lol). He still sounds pretty good on it but sounds kind of thin on the chorus. You can't tell when you are there singing a long though. \m/

4 hours ago, Tie Rod 2K said:

The bigger crowd was there the night before. It was sold out on the 19th. That was the night I attended. I think they are doing very well to sell out Gillette one night and then sell out over half the stadium the following night.  What are other hairbands doing?  Nothin....

Hairband? Come On.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Someone said it.. As awesome as these shows have been that "mid range" voice as people call it is just bad.  It sounds very weak but having Slash and Duff there helps to offset that. People that say that Axl sounds as good as he did back in the days are just over excited. There are realistically only a handful of songs a night that he sounds great consistently throughout the whole thing. 

Like you said people are just very happy to see this band again and his other voices have been great.. His screams are just blowing people away and there are still plenty of holy shit did he just do that moments. His lower register voices and delivery have been awesome too. He is commanding the stage, tossing his mic around like the old days with just enough vigor.

Jungle
It's So Easy
Out Ta Get Me
Brownstone
DTJ
Live and Let Die
Don't Cry

I'd add TIL, CW, Nightrain to those. He's improved a lot on Patience too. 

There are some up downs though. Scroll up a bit and watch that RQ video, it's awesome, he rips through it with rasp for the whole song. There were one or two shows this tour where he destroyed PC and it was also great. Ocasionally, on YCBM, he rips out the "I'm a cold heartbreaker" up to "rip your heart in two" and it makes me think "he is finally going for it", but he reverts back to safe mode afterwards.

Current level of performance is good, but I agree that it is not like the old days. 

Tbh, it's still a bit of a mistery to me. What people call the "mid range" has showed up occasionally on the tour, such as in the ending of patience. I don't know, at the same time it'sInsert other media clear that he lost most of that range, at other times he gives glimpses that suggest he still has it. He uses whole different techniques and sings in a whole different way after 2010 though.

• Like 1