07/20/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gilette Stadium

RussTCB

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

So slashs birthday... 29th anniversary of appetite. Idk.. Izzy and Steven anyone?!?!

Wishful thinking but I doubt it.. Who knows with this band though.. You just reminded me that Steven wasn't at my show the other night.. And Izzy didn't show up for my Vegas show on his birthday.. fuck :/

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I cant believe people do not stand up for most of the concert! Is that the norm? That blows my mind! I am going to be WAY to pumped to sit down even if my feet/back are killing me. I got a seat just so I can rest during the guitar solos but yeah the rest of the time I am sure as hell going to be singing and standing to it all including slow songs like TIL.

Honestly it was so hot in Philly, I did sit a few times, but only after being on the brink of heat stroke from dancing, drinking, dehydration lol that being said I never felt so much energy...but when your chest tightens GNR or not you have to take a breather! ;)

10 minutes ago, metalms said:

Honestly it was so hot in Philly, I did sit a few times, but only after being on the brink of heat stroke from dancing, drinking, dehydration lol that being said I never felt so much energy...but when your chest tightens GNR or not you have to take a breather! ;)

Oh yeah, I totally get that! :)

8 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

I'd add TIL, CW, Nightrain to those. He's improved a lot on Patience too. 

There are some up downs though. Scroll up a bit and watch that RQ video, it's awesome, he rips through it with rasp for the whole song. There were one or two shows this tour where he destroyed PC and it was also great. Ocasionally, on YCBM, he rips out the "I'm a cold heartbreaker" up to "rip your heart in two" and it makes me think "he is finally going for it", but he reverts back to safe mode afterwards.

Current level of performance is good, but I agree that it is not like the old days. 

Tbh, it's still a bit of a mistery to me. What people call the "mid range" has showed up occasionally on the tour, such as in the ending of patience. I don't know, at the same time it'sInsert other media clear that he lost most of that range, at other times he gives glimpses that suggest he still has it. He uses whole different techniques and sings in a whole different way after 2010 though.

He's doing more songs clean. Which is quite hard to explain if you don't understand it. 

I believe he even talked about trying to record on CD clean and many fans didn't understand or like it. 

The problem to me is so many want rasp all the time. People think when he does clean it's a downgrade it's not. 

Axl's vocal range is still very good especially considering how long he's been doing this. 

I seen them in Cincinnati and I can tell you he sounded very good.

Many people who are ACDC fans I know but dislike Axl and or GnR have given him props.

Sadly our own fans want to nitpick his songs apart. I don't mind his clean versions. He still has the rasp and still has it. In my eyes he's proven it.

Just as Slash has played with his solos and how he plays things Axl has a right to as well. 

Some songs aren't as good as 30 years ago but damn close.

Hope everyone had a great time at this show.

• Like 1

You're completely right. I noticed that when I was there. Rather than "singing" he was starting to let the lyrics out in more of a SCREAM. It was fucking great. Especially on Civil War. I usually expect that high voice the entire song but then he REALLY PUSHED IT. It was fucking dope! 

5 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

You're completely right. I noticed that when I was there. Rather than "singing" he was starting to let the lyrics out in more of a SCREAM. It was fucking great. Especially on Civil War. I usually expect that high voice the entire song but then he REALLY PUSHED IT. It was fucking dope! 

I dont like clean vocals but in civil war clean vocals tuns the song into a ballad.

No he is improving a lot and if he reach 2010 levels this reunion and the future is pure GOLD.

8 hours ago, colonizedmind said:
Also, is it just me or is that more brutal 90s rasp even returning to extent, not heard it like this for a LONG time...Like primal Axl times -
Fucking brilliant - this vocal coach is doing sum good work for sure!

Yeah the "My hands are tied" was really raspy. It reminded me of old style rasp more than his Chinese Democracy era style.

12 hours ago, Gibbo said:
*****STILL UPLOADING*****
Guns N’ Roses - Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA July 20th 2016

My man. 

Although I've only downloaded the shows I went to, I greatly appreciate the work you've done to keep up with all these shows. Every user on this board owes you big time for staying on top of this!

• Like 1

Forgive me if this should be posted in the Foxboro thread, but that one is buried in the tour section and this is a new article.

Full article: http://www.foxbororeporter.com/articles/2016/07/28/news/19247309.txt

Here's an excerpt:

The question of whether or not to fine the Kraft Group entity, NPS LLC, for Guns N' Roses playing 10 minutes over the town's 11:15 p.m. curfew at its July 20 concert drew some heavy debate at Tuesday's Board of Selectmen meeting. In the end, the selectmen voted 4-1 to issue a warning, a course of action that did not sit well with Selectwoman Ginny Coppola, the board's sole dissenter in the vote.

"You guys have just lost control of your licensing," said Coppola, when it became apparent that the board would not be issuing a fine.

Before the discussion began, Keegan said that there were extenuating circumstances that led to Guns N' Roses going over time. Specifically the opening act, Lenny Kravitz, went 10 minutes over. To compensate for this, he said that Guns N' Roses trimmed some songs from its set, but still ended up going past deadline. As such, he suggested that the selectmen issue a warning, as opposed to a fine.

I was on the rail during this show and Lenny stopped for about 10 minutes because his right ear monitor stopped working. He performed another song and then the crew was trying to get him to stop, but Lenny told them he was doing one more. Even during the last song the crew told Lenny's sound guy they needed to wrap it up. I was keeping my eye on the clock while all that was happening and wondered if GN'R would cut a song. Looks like they did! (Unless they just said that). I wonder if we would have gotten both Sorry and Catcher, or maybe both OTGM and My Michelle again. Tough to say because the set list wound up being the same number of songs as some of their other stops, but it was one shorter than the night before.

Also, as the article mentions, they went a few minutes late on the first night, but that doesn't seem to have been as big of a deal.

Edit: another pertinent quote

Keegan, however, maintained that giving a warning was in keeping with consistency. He also clarified that the organization that would be fined would be NPS LLC, as the licensing authority, not the band.

Edited by gnr>everything
  • Like 1