07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

5 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

Hmm idno, Gilby had that old school classic rock vibe but Richard is a bit more modern rock. Technically Fortus gives Slash a run for his money so I'm not questioning his skills. I guess it's just whether you like the band to lean more towards a classic rock direction or a modern rock direction. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese Democracy, but I can see how Fortus fits into that modern sound better. I think the band live with Gilby sounded more like the album than the live band now does, maybe a number of reasons for that though, and probably more to do with Frank than Richard. I'd pick Izzy over either anyway because technical ability isn't all that counts he just had a vibe that really made the band Guns N' Roses

I never mentioned slash vs fortus.there is no comparison.its about who is legit to be in the 2nd guitar spot.certainly fortus is in 2016.fortus by no means rubs me as a alterna mordern day guitar player.his sound and tone playing the classic guns stuff is right there as much as gilby.there are a several guitarists on chinese dem and impossibe to tell who is who.would paul huge be a better fit just because he was in the circle as early as 1994 ?a new album of material would tell us what fortus is made of

Isn't it funny how back in the 80's/90's parents wanted their records to have warning labels on them to keep their children from buying them and now parents are taking their children to the concerts! ?

• Like 4