07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

22 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Second night stadium was packed too...Maybe not soldout but very close,as we can see about pics...Great

Yea I would say maybe 75-85% full tonight. I looked up and their were few empty seats in the upper level but there was more people up there than I expected

Edited by Top-Hatted One

Just listened to Don't Cry and Frank actually did the Sorum-type quick drumming at the end of Slash's solo! I thought it was really cool of him. If only he made the same adjustments for the rest of the song (and then for November Rain,  Estranged, Sweet Child and others...).

At the 3:58 mark

• Like 2

3 hours ago, starlight said:

Axl will not change the setlist. He's too old now he likes stable things. He's not taking the risk of improvise

It's the first tour with Slash in 23 years and literally tens of thousands of very casual fans are coming to see it around the world. The show and set is exactly what it needs to be for the first time they hit every market. Once they've hit all the major markets with this set and get round to putting a record out they'll change it up. 

Why can't people understand something so simple? This isn't Prince or Springsteen who've cultivated so much goodwill with their audience over decades that the people in the nosebleeds at the back of the stadium are just as happy to hear an old 70s outtake as the guy holding the request sign down the front. Thousands of people in the back terraces of Bruce shows wear colour coordinated shirts to make massive 100m long signs saying THANK YOU BRUCE. Like people have said in this thead, those people at Guns shows go to get another beer every other song and say "How many songs til Sweet Child?" 

5 hours ago, ironmt said:

Here Is what Axl has to say about people complaining about the setlist.

Yeah, he also said this in 1992:

"I'll tell you a little bit about the show. There might be a delay between different songs cuz we just have this big fucking list and we pick which song we're gonna play next as we go to see how it feels best with you. That way we don't get bored and you don't go "I saw that show in Toledo!" Fuck that shit. Also, we'll be playing a lot of new stuff seeing as you people have been waiting a really long time for the album to come out. And it'd be a really pusshy-ish thing to do to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerking off. But we got a new video out that people like you seem to have put at Number 1 on request at MTV and the radio stations across the country which we're real surprised at. We never thought it would happen with that song. We actually wrote that song before we recorded the first album: that's why it says 'bitch slap rapping, cocaine tongue' on Appetite. We kinda just threw it out there so you rockers could have something to chew on while we were working on our ballad shit. But you kinda stuck a fire cracker up its ass and it just took off. So without further ado....You Could Be Mine."

What too many people don't seem to understand is that his perspective hasn't changed, it's the circumstances that have. In 1992 he had a rabid audience hungry for new material who didn't need to hear loads of Appetite. Now that's what most people are there for. If he had the choice he'd rather play the whole of Chinese, and i'd love that too, but he can't. 

It's a fucking awesome setlist and once they've been round the world once with it they'll change shit up. 

5 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

Do you think Jon Bon jovi and Vince Neil read about this tour how GNR just wakes back up and is in stadiums again and get angry?

Jon's been quite bitter about how much attention Guns/Axl has had for the past 20 years despite putting out only one new record with no promo whilst he's put out a lot of stuff. But the reason for that is, partly as a result of his voice being shot, he hasn't made a real, authentic rock record since 1995 and has put out increasingly terrible, soft records with absolutely dreadful lyrics. 

It's sad because he was a decent rock singer and frontman in his 30s and they did knock out some good tunes but his voice is so shot that even hanging onto his mic stand for dear life and straining every muscle in his body he can't sing any of his old hits to save his life anymore. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Walleris said:

Just listened to Don't Cry and Frank actually did the Sorum-type quick drumming at the end of Slash's solo! I thought it was really cool of him. If only he made the same adjustments for the rest of the song (and then for November Rain,  Estranged, Sweet Child and others...).

At the 3:58 mark

They definitely read this forum ????

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl: What do you have to report from the boards?

X: They don't like your hats.

Axl: ...  What else?

X: They complain about the setlist.

Axl: Fuck them. They're never happy. What else?

X: Ehm... They hate The Seeker.

Axl: Really? Why?! I don't believe it.

X: Well, see for yourself.

Axl: I'll do that.

Omfg thanks for that! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

insta.gif

Daddies :hug:

Why is everyone talking about Bon Jovi all of the sudden?

Anyway, I can't believe they almost sold out both nights at MetLife, talk about legendary. Maybe when it comes to us complaining about songs we should use reverse psychology....."oh my I LOVE WHEN THEY PLAY THE SEEKER. BEST SONG EVER" and Axl will get rid of it because he's a contrary dude. Jk.

• Like 2