07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

14 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

Really?  There was definitely more than 100 people there, it's a pretty massive space.  I was there maybe around 7:30ish?  Great view of the stage and thought for a moment about staying to watch the show from there because it was so cool and comfy,  but decided not to.  Worth a look at least if you have a Chase card.  

Inside the actual massive Chase lounge area, where you generally would have needed a ticket to enter, there was another small roped off area for Chase cardholders only. I didn't have a ticket in that section but showed my Chase card and they gave me a wristband. Then, in this small little area towards the back, they had free food, desserts, bottled water and soft drinks for card members. It was a nice little perk.

Seems like Axl peaked vocally at Cincinatti/Nashville/Philly, for now. Toronto seemed good too. The constant improvement seems to have stopped, the last few shows not getting any better- weaker SCOM/PC, etc.

Edited by AFGnR
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AFGnR said:

Seems like Axl peaked vocally at Cincinatti/Nashville/Philly, for now. Toronto seemed good too. The constant improvement seems to have stopped, the last few shows not getting any better.

I'd wait until some pro-shot/ high def videos come out from the shows before evaluating how good they sound.

Persicope streams don't seem to capture anywhere near what the shows sound like live...as stated by 99.9% of the people that have seen them live this year.

1 minute ago, AFGnR said:

Seems like Axl peaked vocally at Cincinatti/Nashville/Philly, for now. Toronto seemed good too. The constant improvement seems to have stopped, the last few shows not getting any better- weaker SCOM/PC, etc.

I disagree. I think he's been consistently good on the same parts of the same songs and consistently weak on others. But overall he's found a consistent way to sing each night, so while some intros to songs like WTTJ are weaker at some shows than others I think it's a very small difference. 

And again he's coming off a tough stretch with Boston going back to back nights then have NY back to back nights with only a few days rest. So overall I think he's showing an amazing ability to be consistent and really good at 90% of the show. The crowds are loving it, the reviews are great, he's got a solid 2 year schedule built for himself with almost no break. I'd prefer him to be consistent like this than all over the place. 

I can handle a weak YCBM, SCOM, and PC as long as his voice holds up and he continues those great vocals on the other material. 

• Like 2

By the way, while the setlist isn't different, has anyone noticed how fucking amazing Rocket Queen was last night? I'm watching the video and I'm left in awe at Axl's improvement. Richard's solo is really melodic and catchy, Frank isn't rushing, Duff is badass and Slash is Slash. If they release a live album from this tour, it better have this version of RQ. :headbang:

He doesn't sound good on EstrAnged on this tour (or at least didn't in NJ), it's like he's forgotten how to sing it, which is a shame, should almost be dropped from the set list. There's no soul to his voice.

Ovservations from this weekend, all Appettite songs sound great.

SCOM is a much loved song and probably the jewel in the crown.

Civil War is a great song, thank god they're playing it.

Coma is absolutely brilliant (knew that already!)

It's a great show.

The majority of those attending aren't die hards! Especially so in a stadium show, I think a lot just go for the spectacle.

Think Axl sounded better on night 2. 

It was ridiculously hot in the run up to the Saturday show, don't think I've experienced anything like it.

Hope everybody enjoys the rest of the tour, I'm done now until Europe (fingers crossed).

Both shows were great. I was way the hell up on Saturday night and a few rows from the stage on Sunday. The sound was solid in both places. Axl sounded better on Sunday for sure. Slash's This I Love solo was better as well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I hate Coma. It's cool to place something that hasn't been played in a long time, but it's 10 minutes long and he just doesn't sound good on it. I'd rather have two other songs.

25 minutes ago, Abooch said:

Both concerts were AWESOME... The unfortunate thing is if you type Guns N' Roses in Google look at most of the headlines. I hate the media.

I agree, the media Is awful. But to be fair they have been giving the band rave reviews so far. I just do not understand why In the fuck they can't use an updated picture when they write there article.

22 minutes ago, War2k14 said:

He sounds good live.  Seriously I remember thinking in Hartford 2002 he was amazing and then finding out on the bootleg it sucked haha

Usually in 2012 his voice was not good, but the show I went to in 2012, his voice was really good.