07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Usually in 2012 his voice was not good, but the show I went to in 2012, his voice was really good.

I had a great experience in early 2012 as well. A couple months prior to that, he sounded terrible when I saw them, then in February he sounded amazing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I had a great experience in early 2012 as well. A couple months prior to that, he sounded terrible when I saw them, then in February he sounded amazing. 

The terrible voice you are talking about, was it terrible like Rio 2011?

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I saw him in 2012 in Nottingham, you could barely hear Axl, he was terrible. I saw him in Manchester a few days later and he was amazing, it was surreal :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The terrible voice you are talking about, was it terrible like Rio 2011?

Oh God yeah, at least that bad. Look up footage from the Chicago HoB show. I was on the rail and really unhappy about it lol 

51 minutes ago, Abooch said:

Both concerts were AWESOME... The unfortunate thing is if you type Guns N' Roses in Google look at most of the headlines. I hate the media.

I don't see what you're getting at here?

Do you mean all the headlines about the arrests? 

I went on Google expecting to see a load of bad reviews for the NJ shows.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh God yeah, at least that bad. Look up footage from the Chicago HoB show. I was on the rail and really unhappy about it lol 

Was that the show in which Robin joined for Better?

9 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I don't see what you're getting at here?

Do you mean all the headlines about the arrests? 

I went on Google expecting to see a load of bad reviews for the NJ shows.

Yea.. Most of the headlines are about the arrests and not about how the shows are. But all of the reviews are amazing.. 

Edited by Abooch

We had a great time at both shows but yea Axl's voice was a little weak in spots and the person who said Estranged has become soulless is spot on. Other times he gives it his all. Full rasp so you know he can do it. I think he's just trying not to blow his voice with these back to back shows. He's holding back a little where he feels he can. So far he definitely peaked in Boston. But he will be back. My show at Izod in 2012 was great as well

Edited by Top-Hatted One

1 hour ago, Carburetta said:

He doesn't sound good on EstrAnged on this tour (or at least didn't in NJ), it's like he's forgotten how to sing it, which is a shame, should almost be dropped from the set list. There's no soul to his voice.

Ovservations from this weekend, all Appettite songs sound great.

SCOM is a much loved song and probably the jewel in the crown.

Civil War is a great song, thank god they're playing it.

Coma is absolutely brilliant (knew that already!)

It's a great show.

The majority of those attending aren't die hards! Especially so in a stadium show, I think a lot just go for the spectacle.

Think Axl sounded better on night 2. 

It was ridiculously hot in the run up to the Saturday show, don't think I've experienced anything like it.

Hope everybody enjoys the rest of the tour, I'm done now until Europe (fingers crossed).

I think you are spot on with your analysis, at least IMO. Estranged Is my favorite song as I am sure It Is for many. As you said It has not been performed well at all. As a matter of fact I believe the best performance(and one of the only good performances ) of the song since It was reintroduced Into the setlist was In Philadelphia on the up close and personal tour. I keep watching and hoping every night for a decent second half of the song and It just doesn't happen.

15 minutes ago, dgnr said:

And that's when Axl thought: 'I should get in studio with this guy' --->  6:00  :wub:

The way he looks at Slash. Anytime. :wub: I really like this song, I don't have to tell you what time it is.....It's Axl's play and chatty time :headbang:

(and he looks great here :drool:)

57 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Was that the show in which Robin joined for Better?

No, I think that was LA or something. If Robin would have been there, I would've given that showing a glowing review no matter what haha

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, I think that was LA or something. If Robin would have been there, I would've given that showing a glowing review no matter what haha

Yeah sorry, I got confused, I just checked the videos from Chicago HOB of 2012 and he does sounds awful, it would have been pretty bad, but man you saw them in Vegas and 2 shows in June/July, so well it did got compensated pretty well lol

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That Chicago show was incomprehensibly bad. Then two weeks later in Philly he threw down what might have been his best show of the 2011-2014 era. What a finnicky bastardized that Axl is!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Axl is wearing too many clothes. lol

He needs to stick to jeans and a t shirt. Show off those tattoos!

I don't care what Axl sounds like, he gives 100% everytime, so I'm just going to enjoy the concert and be happy Axl's back with Slash and Duff. Wish Steven and Izzy would show up for the Dallas show.

A former coworker was at last nights show and sent me a text during it saying almost exactly that. 

He said something like "He doesn't sound amazing on everything, but you can tell he's giving 100% all of the time. It's awesome" 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A former coworker was at last nights show and sent me a text during it saying almost exactly that. 

He said something like "He doesn't sound amazing on everything, but you can tell he's giving 100% all of the time. It's awesome" 

And we really can't ask for more then that. After being a fan for more years then I can remember It Is actually very rewarding to hear so many positive comments and to see the band  exceed peoples expectations which they seem to be doing with each and every show.  It Is also pretty amazing to walk out of a stadium or arena and hear what people have to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abooch said:

Yea.. Most of the headlines are about the arrests and not about how the shows are. But all of the reviews are amazing.. 

Well, it's normal that the headlines would be centered on the controrversies "everything is going great" doesn't produce clicks on the article.

Axl does have his weak moments but i think he makes up for it with a great attitude so the show is entertaining and that's all that matter, plus, his voice is way better than what it was some years ago.