07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

Quick write up of my thoughts. Last night, I was lucky enough to have pit tickets. Me and my friend showed up around 6:30, and they let us in at 7. After like 4 ticket checks it was a mad rush to the stage. We easily got a spot on the rail on Slash's side right in front of one of his wahs. Anyway, we sat down and held our spot until Lenny came on and he totally kicked ass. I was surprised he did Always on the Run without Slash but his set was great. 

Anyway, guns came on not long after and throughout the show I saw Meegan come out and start taking pictures of Slash right in front of us. Later on I believe Beta walked right by me but I wasn't really sure who she was. She was walking with some guy (not Fernando) and saw me and said hi (no idea why. I guess she was just happy I was enjoying the show!). Anyway, I didn't realize it was her until she left, and then I was like oh shit! Finally, during SCOM Lenny Kravtiz came out and stood right underneath Slash to watch the solo. He had a private guard with him, and then the head security came and asked him to leave. I was hoping he was gonna be like "do you know who I am?", but I could hear him say no problem and he went back. Overall awesome show! I was in Philly too and Axl sounded way better!

5 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Nah, its Frank. I thought at the show he was talking to Slash, but its clear here. Oh well. Kinda makes more sense. He seems to say a lot more stuff randomly about Richard and Frank than he does about Slash and Duff. For what reason, I don't know, but he literally seems to only talk to Slash when he's introducing him. Almost like he feels Richard and Frank need more praise while its a given people are into Slash and Duff.

Makes sense. The casual fan thinks Axl ditched the nuguns completely and doesn't realize a couple survived. Also, casual fans don't know them nearly as well as Slash and Duff. It adds up to me

14 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I'd rather the show was 10mins shorter and they just dropped KOHD. It's always been a long winded momentum killer IMO

I think they should drop the current version and play the song how It was recorded. I think most people would then be satisfied.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I'd rather the show was 10mins shorter and they just dropped KOHD. It's always been a long winded momentum killer IMO

It won't happen. It's one of their radio tunes.

I'd love for them to cut it shorter and play it like they did during the Appetite days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asia said:

True and to be honest it is irritating. Not because he's acknowledging this or other player or not appreciating Slash (Slash fortunately doesn't need that at all) but because I feel this is the result of his ego still being hurt by the fact he failed to prove to the world he doesn't need Slash. It sort of comes out in things like that, or when he keeps on emphasizing how many years Richard or Frank are in Guns (as if trying to suggest they're there longer than Slash so they're more Guns than Slash) or how much of a great fan of the previous line up he is, bla, bla. It kind of seems like no matter how happy he would be for them being back, he'll just never admit it cause it would hurt his overblown stupid alpha male ego.

Disclaimer: yes, it is just my impression and opinion and yes, I'm happy they're back and no, generally I'm not complaining but this attitude of his sort of irritates me.

Well In the end it has been proven that he did need Slash and the confirmation has been the attendance on the current tour. I don't think fans will ever accept Guns N Roses without Slash again and If for some reason down the road Slash Is no longer In the band Axl will have to resort back to more Up close and personal shows.

2 hours ago, Asia said:

True and to be honest it is irritating. Not because he's acknowledging this or other player or not appreciating Slash (Slash fortunately doesn't need that at all) but because I feel this is the result of his ego still being hurt by the fact he failed to prove to the world he doesn't need Slash. It sort of comes out in things like that, or when he keeps on emphasizing how many years Richard or Frank are in Guns (as if trying to suggest they're there longer than Slash so they're more Guns than Slash) or how much of a great fan of the previous line up he is, bla, bla. It kind of seems like no matter how happy he would be for them being back, he'll just never admit it cause it would hurt his overblown stupid alpha male ego.

Disclaimer: yes, it is just my impression and opinion and yes, I'm happy they're back and no, generally I'm not complaining but this attitude of his sort of irritates me.

its irritating when people engage in correspondence bias

3 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Did they change KOHD so that Richard can have some solospots too? Or did Gilby also had that many solos in the song during the Illusions tour? (I cant remember anymore)

Gilby certainly wasn't doing any lead spots during UYI tour, was a challenge to even make out his parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenan said:

I have anyother crazy theory:

Maybe Frank performed nice and Axl simply acknowledged that? Why is it always have to be a "deep" meanining behind everything that happens on a concert and what Axl does?

You guys need to get out of the conspiracy cave and relax a bit more.

Which is why I gave at least a couple of more examples of why I think that this is the case. I also stated that this is my impression and opinion so I don't understand where you're coming from with your irrational criticism. You may agree or disagree but don't tell me to relax just because I think Axl has a problem with this or another thing. I'm not nervous, just sharing my views and I can't understand why this or anything else anyone writes about what they don't necessairily like makes you nervous. Relax a bit more.