07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

Just now, P1g Vomit said:

Thats insinuating Slash is responsible for playing stadiums, thats false. Slash was Playing Jiffy Lube live a year ago. Remember theres a reason Axl is boss.

Look! We've got a leftover CD era Slash hater! 

Slash is 100% responsible for the success of this tour selling wise, as the return of his name to Guns N' Roses is what sold the tickets. Deal with it.

Guns N' Roses played the 02 in Ireland (where I'm from) in 2012 and did not sell it out, in support of Chinese Democracy. Slash played the very same venue in 2014, in support of his third solo album, World on Fire, and successfully sold out the arena. Facts don't lie, even you poor Slash haters/Axl worshippers can't hide from the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

How many people did attend the second Metlife show, any guesses?

Was the stadium half empty?

I was there, it was pretty close to a sell out. I did not expect that many people.

Unfortunately the crowd had a lot of lame bros and other casual "fans". I felt compelled to yell at people for sitting down. I spent most of the show dancing in the aisles and pissing security off, I had a great time.

1 hour ago, felixGNR said:

Let me remind you that gnr (axl band for some) sans slash/duff, was a Vegas act , and playing small clubs. CD did not have a hit song, and  flopped doesn't  matter if bb ate the cost.

:facepalm:

please i dont have patience for people who butt in arguements without EVER understanding how they started or what other people said before they butted in.

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wish Slash's solo career was slightly less successful than it was then I may have obtained tickets in 2012. Sadly (for me) it was sold out very quickly.

Where was this? His last show here in Chicago was at a 1400 seater and it didn't sell out until the day before the show...

2 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Oh yeah, Slash's snake pit, libetard, and the conspirator albums were such hot sellers. Slash basically had 6 albums that bombed and one that actually did sell. thats quite a batting average to be proud of. CD went platnium only being available in one store and sold about four million worldwide, about the same as contraband Slashs most successful album with out Axl.

Atleast Axl didn't release albums like libertad and aint life grand, those albums were such bombs they should have been dropped from the Enola Gay.

Slash and Duff spit shine their Grammy for Best Hard Rock performance for “Slither.”  And they were nominated for Grammies for best rock song and album (“Fall to Pieces” and Contraband).  They were likewise nominated for rock song of the year in the Radio Music Awards.  And they were nominated by Billboard for rock artist of the year.

Axl?  From Wikipedia:  The list of music considered the worst consists of albums or songs that have been considered the worst music ever made by various combinations of music critics, television broadcasters (such as MTV), radio stations, composers and public polls.  Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses (2008).  Popular music historian Stephen Davis named it "the worst album ever." "Chinese Democracy is the worst album I have heard in years, if not, in all my life of listening to music." The "terrible" record was included in Wired magazine's unranked list of the "5 Audio Atrocities to Throw Down a Sonic Black Hole", and placed first in Guitar Player's "10 Awful Albums by 10 Amazing Bands".  In Time Out New York, both music editor Steve Smith and columnist Jay Ruttenberg named Chinese Democracy as the worst record of 2008.

Slash has been cluster-bombing the charts since ’03.  Duff bombed and sprayed all over the charts with VR.

Charting bombs--Slash:

“By the Sword” reached #25 in 2010.  “Back from Cali” reached #24 in 2010.  “Beautiful Dangerous” reached #11 in 2010.  “You’re a Lie” peaked at #1 in 2012.  “Standing in the Sun” hit #4 in 2012.  “Anastasia” reached #6 in 2012.  “World on Fire” peaked at #1 in 2014.  “Bent to Fly” peaked at #3 in 2014.

Slash and Duff play bombs.  Highest YT views, single clip:

“Fall to Pieces” more than 19 million.  “Slither” more than 18 million.  “Anastasia” more than 12 million.  “Dirty Little Thing” more than 7 million.  “The Last Fight” more than 5 million.  “She Builds Quick Machines” almost 5 million.

Targeting The Axl Rose Band total plays is like trying to locate a mute camel jerking in the desert without night vision.  Highest YT views, single clip:

“This I Love” 4.4 million

Slash and Duff sporting their Grammy and blowing up YT vs. Axl’s shameful place on Wikipedia’s worst albums of all time.  Hmm…

But fortunately for Gn’R fans and one Axl Rose, Slash and Duff are now bombing American stadiums and eviscerating the two-decade Axl Rose debacle that was a constant source of mockery and contempt, including “Chinese” with its bloated budget, revolving door of band members that could fill a bus, and sleeper mid-tempo, piano pieces that were the dog’s ass of jokes and made the late night talk show toilet rounds for years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

No one Is Insinuating anything, the proof Is In the numbers.

Than you would think he would have been doing stadiums before this tour, why was he playing lounges and Jiffy lube live?

Thanks to Axl hes now able to climb out that financial hole hes ex left him him.

Im mean lets be honest Slash was rejected by Poison and Axl let him join GNR in the first place and saved his music career. He has a lot to thank Axl for.

3 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Where was this? His last show here in Chicago was at a 1400 seater and it didn't sell out until the day before the show...

It's not all about America you know. Slash has been a huge draw in just about every continent outside America, selling out arena after arena worldwide. The Americans must have been waiting got him to return to Guns to splash the cash on him in their droves, something they also weren't doing for Axl's gnr in America.

2 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

Than you would think he would have been doing stadiums before this tour, why was he playing lounges and Jiffy lube live?

Thanks to Axl hes now able to climb out that financial hole hes ex left him him.

Im mean lets be honest Slash was rejected by Poison and Axl let him join GNR in the first place and saved his music career. He has a lot to thank Axl for.

He was doing just fine. Fast forward to 7:59 and take a look at how many people this club holds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

Lol can somebody ban him already?

• Like 1

Just now, PsychoKiss344 said:

Just saying not a great example....it's a festival.

Slipknot and many other bands played.

It's the same example and festival that people use to show that Axl was still relevant. Why Is It not ok to use for Slash?

25 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

... why has this turned into Axl vs Slash?

What difference does it make how much or little an album sold? What size of venue they have been playing in, in the past. Are you only a fan of Guns because they were once popular? I guess I don't get it.

This. How can something so good (like a successful show thread like this) turned into an ugly fight about the past??? What's wrong with people here?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Look! We've got a leftover CD era Slash hater! 

Slash is 100% responsible for the success of this tour selling wise, as the return of his name to Guns N' Roses is what sold the tickets. Deal with it.

Guns N' Roses played the 02 in Ireland (where I'm from) in 2012 and did not sell it out, in support of Chinese Democracy. Slash played the very same venue in 2014, in support of his third solo album, World on Fire, and successfully sold out the arena. Facts don't lie, even you poor Slash haters/Axl worshippers can't hide from the truth.

World of fire? You mean the dud he released that sold 42,000 copies, thats 42,000 over priced drink coasters. When Slash Has a Russian billionaire paying him a million dollars for one show than you can talk. Slash was playing lounges and Jiffy lube live a year before Axl let him back in the fold. Hes lucky Axl didn't reject him like Brett Michael's and Poison did when Slash tried out for them.

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Huh?

because that guy picked my response from this page without reading all the back pages where the argument started. It was my response to something Asia posted about Axl being passive agressive on stage when he repeats over and over that Frank and Fortus have been in the band for a century and not saying anything cool to Slash or Duff; she said that was his way of not wanting to admit he failed with the previous incarnations of GNR.

So I replied to her that I think Slash and Duff are nothing without Axl either. That their solo careers were never as successful as GN'R (and never will be). That's when some other person started arguing about VR being this and that, blah blah. And others joined to defend something that is ridiculous. VR did good but who remembers them now? They did not make an impact in the rock history like GN'R did.

That's my point: Axl, Slash, Duff... they all need each other to be a big band again. Separately, they can do good on their own to a certain extent, but never to the GN'R levels.

Some people got it all wrong and now it is a mess I don't care to continue talking about.

Have a good night all of you and dont quote me back.

1 minute ago, P1g Vomit said:

World of fire? You mean the dud he released that sold 42,000 copies, thats 42,000 over priced drink coasters. When Slash Has a Russian billionaire paying him a million dollars for one show than you can talk. Slash was playing lounges and Jiffy lube live a year before Axl let him back in the fold. Hes lucky Axl didn't reject him like Brett Michael's and Poison did when Slash tried out for them.

Still sold out arenas supporting that album, whereas poor old Axl's gnr couldn't do that circa '14. 

I'm not going to bother arguing with you. You're an idiot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:facepalm:

please i dont have patience for people who butt in arguements without EVER understanding how they started or what other people said before they butted in.

17 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Oh but according to some Slash is such a HUGE star! Even though he was playing Jiffy lube live and lounges a year ago and lost a audition to CC Deville to be in Poison.

33 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

... why has this turned into Axl vs Slash?

What difference does it make how much or little an album sold? What size of venue they have been playing in, in the past. Are you only a fan of Guns because they were once popular? I guess I don't get it.

now that Axl and Slash are reconciled the "fans" are gonna divide up and take sides, pro Axl or pro Slash? smh...that makes me very sad :no: 

8 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I'm not choosing sides....just saying.

I would never use a festival to show success.

You are right and I normally wouldn't either and only did so because there has been numerous Axl fans using the Rock Am Ring festival performance to show his success.

• Like 1