07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

18 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

Slash and Duff spit shine their Grammy for Best Hard Rock performance for “Slither.”  And they were nominated for Grammies for best rock song and album (“Fall to Pieces” and Contraband).  They were likewise nominated for rock song of the year in the Radio Music Awards.  And they were nominated by Billboard for rock artist of the year.

Axl?  From Wikipedia:  The list of music considered the worst consists of albums or songs that have been considered the worst music ever made by various combinations of music critics, television broadcasters (such as MTV), radio stations, composers and public polls.  Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses (2008).  Popular music historian Stephen Davis named it "the worst album ever." "Chinese Democracy is the worst album I have heard in years, if not, in all my life of listening to music." The "terrible" record was included in Wired magazine's unranked list of the "5 Audio Atrocities to Throw Down a Sonic Black Hole", and placed first in Guitar Player's "10 Awful Albums by 10 Amazing Bands".  In Time Out New York, both music editor Steve Smith and columnist Jay Ruttenberg named Chinese Democracy as the worst record of 2008.

Slash has been cluster-bombing the charts since ’03.  Duff bombed and sprayed all over the charts with VR.

Charting bombs--Slash:

“By the Sword” reached #25 in 2010.  “Back from Cali” reached #24 in 2010.  “Beautiful Dangerous” reached #11 in 2010.  “You’re a Lie” peaked at #1 in 2012.  “Standing in the Sun” hit #4 in 2012.  “Anastasia” reached #6 in 2012.  “World on Fire” peaked at #1 in 2014.  “Bent to Fly” peaked at #3 in 2014.

Slash and Duff play bombs.  Highest YT views, single clip:

“Fall to Pieces” more than 19 million.  “Slither” more than 18 million.  “Anastasia” more than 12 million.  “Dirty Little Thing” more than 7 million.  “The Last Fight” more than 5 million.  “She Builds Quick Machines” almost 5 million.

Targeting The Axl Rose Band total plays is like trying to locate a mute camel jerking in the desert without night vision.  Highest YT views, single clip:

“This I Love” 4.4 million

Slash and Duff sporting their Grammy and blowing up YT vs. Axl’s shameful place on Wikipedia’s worst albums of all time.  Hmm…

But fortunately for Gn’R fans and one Axl Rose, Slash and Duff are now bombing American stadiums and eviscerating the two-decade Axl Rose debacle that was a constant source of mockery and contempt, including “Chinese” with its bloated budget, revolving door of band members that could fill a bus, and sleeper mid-tempo, piano pieces that were the dog’s ass of jokes and made the late night talk show toilet rounds for years.

From Six years ago

Chinese Democracy

Country/Sales Confermed/Certification/Sales Estimated
Netherlands: 30,000+ shipped (GOLD), 30-50,000 sales
Malaysia; 7,500+ shipped (GOLD) 7,5-15,000 sales
Hungary; 5,000+ shipped (GOLD) 5-10,000 sales
Indonesia; 35,000+ shipped (GOLD) 35-70,000 sales
Taiwan; 15,000+ shipped (GOLD) 15-30,000 sales
Columbia; 10,000+ shipped (GOLD) 10-20,000 sales
Thailand; 10,000+ shipped (GOLD), 10-20,000 sales
Greece; 6,000+ shipped (GOLD) 6-12,000 sales
Denmark; 10,000+ shipped (GOLD) 10-20,000 sales
Czech Republic; 12,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 12-24,000 sales
Romania; 10,000 sales ?
South Africa; 40,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 40-80,000 sales
New Zealand; 15,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 15-25,000 sales
Austria; 20,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 20-30,000 sales
Brazil; 40,000+ shipped (GOLD) 40-80,000 sales
Italy; 60,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 60-120,000 sales
Switzerland; 30,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 30-60,000 sales
Australia; 70,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 80-120,000 sales
Sweden; 20,000+ shipped (GOLD) 20-40,000 sales
Ireland; 15,000+ shipped (PLATINUM) 15-45,000 sales
Japan; 100,000+ shipped (GOLD) 125-225,000 sales
Singapore; 5,000+ shipped (GOLD) 5-10,000 sales
UK; 300,000+ Shipped (PLATINUM), 300-400,000 sales
USA; 1,000,000 shipped (PLATINUM), 700,000+ sales
Canada; 240,000+ shipped (X3 PLATINUM) 240-320,000 sales
Europe; 1,000,000+ certified (PLATINUM) 1-1.2 mllion sales
Germany; 100,000+ shipped (GOLD) 125-150,000 sales
France; 50,000+ shipped (GOLD) 50-100,000 sales
Argentina; Chinese Democracy; 40,000+ shipped (PLATINUM), 40-80,000 sales
Finland; 10,000+ shipped (PLATINUM), 12,500 sales
Mexico; 60,000+ shipped (PLATINUM), 60-100,000 sales....... thanks curmudgeonrose
Norway; 40,000+ shipped (X4 PLATINUM), 40-50,000 sales.......thanks spirt 83
Poland; 25,000+ shipped (PLATINUM), 25-40,000 sales.....

Slashs sales with out Axl

World on Fire -42,000 sold in the US (enola gay of bombs)

Apocalyptic Love -100,000 sold in the US (bomb)

Slash -160,000 sold in the US (bomb)

Libertad -220,000 sold in the US (bomb)

22 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

It's not all about America you know. Slash has been a huge draw in just about every continent outside America, selling out arena after arena worldwide. The Americans must have been waiting got him to return to Guns to splash the cash on him in their droves, something they also weren't doing for Axl's gnr in America.

We weren't, or else he wouldn't have been playing lounges and jiffey lube live.

24 minutes ago, ironmt said:

He was doing just fine. Fast forward to 7:59 and take a look at how many people this club holds.

LOL, thats a festival. How sad some of these Slash fans are. Thats like Axl taking credit for the crowds at Rock Rio or Rock AM the year he played.

Slash does seem pretty motivated in that clip though, he probably thinks Brett Michaels is watching and he can get another audition with Poison.

27 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Just saying not a great example....it's a festival.

Slipknot and many other bands played.

Here is a good example of his success.

Heres a better example of his success with out Axl.

World on Fire-42,000 albums sold

20 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Still sold out arenas supporting that album, whereas poor old Axl's gnr couldn't do that circa '14. 

I'm not going to bother arguing with you. You're an idiot.

Produce the box scores than. I doubt you will :)

And poor Axl? It wasn't Axl that was taken to the cleaners by his ex and had to put his house on the block to climb out of the financial hold. Poor Slash, rejected by Brett Michaels and than his wife.

2 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

Produce the box scores than. I doubt you will :)

And poor Axl? It wasn't Axl that was taken to the cleaners by his ex and had to put his house on the block to climb out of the financial hold. Poor Slash, rejected by Brett Michaels and than his wife.

I'm not going to bother with you, you're an absolute tit. 

I want to know why the mods have yet to do anything about this imbecile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P1g Vomit said:

LOL, thats a festival. How sad some of these Slash fans are. Thats like Axl taking credit for the crowds at Rock Rio or Rock AM the year he played.

Slash does seem pretty motivated in that clip though, he probably thinks Brett Michaels is watching and he can get another audition with Poison.

Many Axl fans have used festivals to try and show Axl's success without Slash. Why Is It that when a festival Is used to how Slash's success It doesn't count because It Is a festival? Why Is It that Axls version of Guns N Roses was averaging between 4-12,000k per night and now this version of Guns N Roses Is averaging between 35-50k per night? What changed?

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Many Axl fans have used festivals to try and show Axl's success without Slash. Why Is It that when a festival Is used to how Slash's success It doesn't count because It Is a festival? Why Is It that Axls version of Guns N Roses was averaging between 4-12,000k per night and now this version of Guns N Roses Is averaging between 35-50k per night? What changed?

Axls version of GNR sold out MSG, Fleet Center, and many other major league arenas world wide. Slash was lucky to be doing theaters, he was mostly relegated to jiffy lube live and lounges. Slash ascension to stadiums was much more drastic than Axls.

6 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

I'm not going to bother with you, you're an absolute tit. 

I want to know why the mods have yet to do anything about this imbecile.

Just admit I called your bluff. If you had the evidence you would have responded and posted it. Since you dont your trying to back track with out admitting you were full of it.

Edited by P1g Vomit

Just now, P1g Vomit said:

Axls version of GNR sold out MSG, Fleet Center, and many other major league arenas world wide. Slash was lucky to be doing theaters, he was mostly relegated to jiffy lube live and lounges. Slash ascension to stadiums was much more drastic than Axls.

Answer the question. Why are you avoiding It?

I'm not going to look back at the pages. I just could tell from this page that there has been some ridiculous talk. Why are the mods allowing this? Axl and Slash are in the SAME band!  The Axl v Slash debate should be put to rest. It's over and done with.

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

World of fire? You mean the dud he released that sold 42,000 copies, thats 42,000 over priced drink coasters. When Slash Has a Russian billionaire paying him a million dollars for one show than you can talk. Slash was playing lounges and Jiffy lube live a year before Axl let him back in the fold. Hes lucky Axl didn't reject him like Brett Michael's and Poison did when Slash tried out for them.

Well to be fair, there is nothing degrading at all about being rejected from Poison. They only rejected him because he refused to go along with the whole glam image

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

Just admit I called your bluff. If you had the evidence you would have responded and posted it. Since you dont your trying to back track with out admitting you were full of it.

Dude, just google jiffy lube live. It's an outdoor amphitheater with a capacity of 25,000. You keep going back to it like it's an insult. 

GN'R is a household name like Johnson & Johnson & Axl used that name to his advantage. I highly doubt Axl would've been selling out MSG using his own or some other band name.  Let's keep things in perspective.  Slash separated himself from it and did his own thing.  

Argue all you like but Slash has always been taken seriously in the music industry.  Axl, while most were still happy to see him out there doing something, was still the punchline of jokes up until about 8 months ago.

• Like 3

@P1g Vomit the fact that you are comparing a band that plays under the GN'R name (which just by name recognition obviously generates press and sales) with a then past members solo career says a lot to me about the "massive success" NuGN'R achived.

Let me tell you, it wasn't Chinese Democracy and it's tours that made GN'R a known name, it was the band and it's members that existed between 1985 and 1996 that managed to to that... One of those members definitely wears a black top-hat...

Why are you guys arguing with Volca...sorry p1g Vomit? It's daimn obvious he's just trolling as he points just things out that shows one side. 

No word about Slash selling out arenas everywhere else outside Northamerica. No word about his star on the Walk Of Fame, about playing the Super Bowl, his guest appearances with the biggest musicians on this planet, his contributions to countless records.

Just let the guy keep talking bullshit he doesn't believe himself. 

He's ignoring facts and claims bullshit to be in the spotlight in a forum. Seems he has nothing else in his life. Poor guy. Keep going on, it's ok dude.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

I don't understand the purpose of this conversation now, but let's clarify some things. No need to say that what follows is my opinion (based on indications and facts).

- Both Axl's GnR and VR/Slash's solo projects' relative success relied more or less on GnR's past glory, even though Slash has been far more productive in terms of new material, and in the case of VR Scott Weiland had a career of his own before. I saw VR in 2005 and NuGnr in 2006. VR performed their material well and Weiland's stage presence was very good, but it was only when they played GnR songs that the crowd went crazy. Would VR have achieved the same sales and show attendance had they not been GnR related? I don't think so. NuGnR gave a good show and the fans got what they were there for, i.e. to see Axl perform classic GnR songs, as the setlist consisted mostly of them.

- Popularity varies from country to country. NuGnR was more popular outside the US, especially in South America. This is due to various reasons. One is that the fans in other countries don't have the opportunity to see a band as often as the US fans have. Another is that while classic GnR was huge worldwide, the cultural impact wasn't the same. For non-American fans GnR may have been a very good hard rock/rock 'n' roll band or the best of its time or one of the best ever. In the US though, from what I've heard and read, it has been more than that; GnR's popularity was a cultural and social phenomenon and the band has a special place in modern American culture. Hence for the American audience the classic lineup (at least the core of it) has been iconic and another incarnation of the band could not be easily accepted.

- Whether CD is better or worse than VR and Slash's (or Duff's or Izzy's) work is a totally subjective matter, but it's an objectively more "difficult" album for the average rock fan's ear (and more specifically for the GnR casual fans' ear), so it's natural that it has sold less. As for the critics, there were favorable and negative reviews for CD as well as for VR and Slash's albums.

- Arguments deriving from comparing VR or any post-2000 rock band with classic GnR popularity-wise cannot be valid. Not because the quality of the music is inferior (this is, again, subjective), but because times have changed since the 90s. Rock has run its course as an evolving genre (it's been recycling itself 20 years now) and as music for the younger generations that parents detested. It's not appealing to teenagers as it was. The fact that most of the acts that fill stadiums and arenas come from the past decades says it all. It's not that there aren't good new rock bands out there, it's that the rock audience is aged; even the new bands' fans are mostly adults. The rock genre is becoming analogous to blues and jazz. There will always be people playing it and people listening to it, but it won't have a significant impact. That is, even if a new rock band makes a modern era AFD, it won't achieve what GnR did. I hope I'm wrong about all this though.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

OT. How do you guys keep track of members' past usernames? 

I could guess Groghan's and Crash Diet's but that's because of their 'trademarked' way of posting. 

This is a show thread, don't derail into discussions about other/former members of the site. Thanks

Some of you are just.....

Slash and Axl are back together, they are having an amazing time, the fans who are going are having an amazing time, but some of you will never change.

Save some money, go see both of them live on ONE STAGE and just enjoy. 

Cant wait for JAPAN! 

13 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Look! We've got a leftover CD era Slash hater! 

Slash is 100% responsible for the success of this tour selling wise, as the return of his name to Guns N' Roses is what sold the tickets. Deal with it.

Guns N' Roses played the 02 in Ireland (where I'm from) in 2012 and did not sell it out, in support of Chinese Democracy. Slash played the very same venue in 2014, in support of his third solo album, World on Fire, and successfully sold out the arena. Facts don't lie, even you poor Slash haters/Axl worshippers can't hide from the truth.

I think the 2012 didnt sell out because of the Dublin 2010 show incident. The Dublin 2010 show was sold out at the same venue (13500 People) with Belfast the night before sold out (10000 people). They also played 2006 in the RDS to 30,000 people all without Slash. Velvet Revolver played 3 times in Ireland/Northern Ireland. Possibly sold out the first Dublin show in 2004 (cant remember 8500 people max), half sold out Belfast 5 months later and their last show in Dublin in 2008 in a smaller venue sold out at 1500 people.

To be honest, I dont really care who, why, where or what the reasons for them playing stadiums, ampitheatres, arenas or clubs that are sold out or if you couldnt give tickets away as long as they keep touring and hopefully come to Ireland  again.