07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

14 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

World of fire? You mean the dud he released that sold 42,000 copies, thats 42,000 over priced drink coasters. When Slash Has a Russian billionaire paying him a million dollars for one show than you can talk. Slash was playing lounges and Jiffy lube live a year before Axl let him back in the fold. Hes lucky Axl didn't reject him like Brett Michael's and Poison did when Slash tried out for them.

Just want to point out that 42,000 copies is a good figure, was that first week? or overall.

Secondly. Slash is responsible for the a lot of the attention. But Axl, is the reason that there's continued interest, because he's going on time, and singing well.... not to mention that the rest of the band is killing it. 

I think it's bullshit to be talking about "Axl is the reunion" or "Slash is the reunion". Neither of them on their own are as successful as they are together. End of!

Finally, Slash and Myles were getting bigger and bigger with each release. The reviews were great, and most were saying that it was about time that the set included more Conspirators music than GnR. they were also playing a lot of Arenas on the last tour. They played Dublin's 3arena, same one that GnR played in 2010 and 2012, they also played numerous others like it throughout the UK and Europe... not to forget being billed high on the majority of festivals 9and being tipped to headline a few if things continued). You cannot say they were doing badly. And IMO World on Fire was as good as Chinese Democracy... the only Slash record that was really good after Guns.

2 hours ago, Kearnsy said:

I think the 2012 didnt sell out because of the Dublin 2010 show incident. The Dublin 2010 show was sold out at the same venue (13500 People) with Belfast the night before sold out (10000 people). They also played 2006 in the RDS to 30,000 people all without Slash. Velvet Revolver played 3 times in Ireland/Northern Ireland. Possibly sold out the first Dublin show in 2004 (cant remember 8500 people max), half sold out Belfast 5 months later and their last show in Dublin in 2008 in a smaller venue sold out at 1500 people.

To be honest, I dont really care who, why, where or what the reasons for them playing stadiums, ampitheatres, arenas or clubs that are sold out or if you couldnt give tickets away as long as they keep touring and hopefully come to Ireland  again.

Yep, Ireland didn't sell that well in 2012 because there was such a shit storm over the 2010 gig... Think I heard there was 7500-8000 there on the night out of a 12-14000 arena, still OK considering the backlash. I would bet things have changed dramatically now though, now that all the one's who wouldn't piss on gnr a year ago are coming back on board. Already heard a few friends of mine who used to mock GnR regularly say "I might fly out to a show or two!".

On 7/26/2016 at 7:12 AM, Asia said:

True and to be honest it is irritating. Not because he's acknowledging this or other player or not appreciating Slash (Slash fortunately doesn't need that at all) but because I feel this is the result of his ego still being hurt by the fact he failed to prove to the world he doesn't need Slash. It sort of comes out in things like that, or when he keeps on emphasizing how many years Richard or Frank are in Guns (as if trying to suggest they're there longer than Slash so they're more Guns than Slash) or how much of a great fan of the previous line up he is, bla, bla. It kind of seems like no matter how happy he would be for them being back, he'll just never admit it cause it would hurt his overblown stupid alpha male ego.

Disclaimer: yes, it is just my impression and opinion and yes, I'm happy they're back and no, generally I'm not complaining but this attitude of his sort of irritates me.

What's wrong with him commenting on something he thought was cool? All praise should be kept for Slash? Look, Axl has ben gushing over Slash for more than a few shows... I think it's clear he thinks he's great! Also, when he introduces Richard it's not to say "Richard is more GnR than Slash" it's to let people know who he is, Axl realises that the majority of people don't know the guy... and he also knows that Slash doesn't need an introduction.

I think you can interpret things in a negative way if you like but I don't think it's meant as a slight. And that's my opinion, and I could be wrong... but if he was still out to bury Slash I don't think he'd be on the road with him and hugging him behind the scenes. If it was as hostile and negative as you make out, then they'd make nice on stage... and then not speak or interact anywhere else. Things look good. Let's just be happy with that! I know I am!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...