07/24/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

RussTCB

36 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

To say that Myles is a disaster, your cutting him short !! he is a great lead singer, he is not Axl, i know that too. But slash and him have great fanbase and i am one of them !! Also his work with Alterbridge is really good too !! He never tried to be Axl, and he never wanted to be Axl. He made the Gn'R songs his own !! 

He is a singer with a good voice, never a great lead singer.

They have a fan base like many other artist and bands. Not a huge one, nothing to be compared to GNR. That's what I'm talking about. Outside GNR none of these guys can fill stadiums like they are doing it now.

Myles can't try to be Axl. He doesn't have anything to be Axl or even try. So he's better off his way and that's right for him. The GNR songs sung by Myles are the worst thing I've ever heard. I cringe whenever I come across that, which luckily it is in very few occasions.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

He is a singer with a good voice, never a great lead singer.

They have a fan base like many other artist and bands. Not a huge one, nothing to be compared to GNR. That's what I'm talking about. Outside GNR none of these guys can fill stadiums like they are doing it now.

Justin Bieber and One Erection fill stadiums, it means they are great? 

You don't have to be an amazing artists to fill out stadiums, there are so many under rated bands who are so good, but they are hardly given a chance.

Why even compare Myles and Axl? cause both of them sing GNR songs? well like that Brent Snape Fitz is 100 times better than Frank and I would say even Matt too. 

• Like 1

Just to add my 2 cents to whole Myles Kennedy debate. Yes I do think he sings pretty well. But he doesn't do the Axlisms on the gnr songs. Which I understand, because he is not Axl. But to me, that's the same as not playing Slash's solos right (which I gave all nugnr guitarists Shit when they did this). For me, those Axlisms are just as important to the songs as anything else, so leaving them out really bothered me. I understand why he did, but just giving my opinion.

Also, not to defend Ashba in any way, but he has probably just as many fans as Myles does, maybe even more. No, gnr fans Did not take to him, but he still does have a lot. Which my point is, on this board Ashba gets blasted while Myles gets passes. But imo, they are both in the same level of Shit for gnr songs, but deserve respect for non gnr stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

But imo, they are both in the same level of Shit for gnr songs, but deserve respect for non gnr stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

True, Alter bridge is a big successful band and Myles does a great job.

Sixx AM has also many fans, I like some their songs and Ashba did a good job on them. 

Edited by Slash787

27 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

True, Alter bridge is a big successful band and Myles does a great job.

Sixx AM has also many fans, I like some their songs and Ashba did a good job on them. 

I would also include Slash's solo stuff. Myles is great on that stuff, and I give him respect for that. Its just gnr songs I hate hearing him sing.

39 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I would also include Slash's solo stuff. Myles is great on that stuff, and I give him respect for that. Its just gnr songs I hate hearing him sing.

I like Myles on GnR stuff. Not even comparable to Axl, though, and I undrrstand why a lot of people dont like him on GnR stuff. Hes better with Alter Bridge and the Conspirators stuff for sure

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

I know Axl is annoying with that but seriously, Slash without Axl is nothing either. That guy Myles Kennedy is a disaster (pretty much like Ashba).

Truth is they all need each other, so this is a hit on all of their egos, probably more on Axl (or not) because he runs the band but if Slash and Duff leave GN'R again, they will go back to the clubs and to making albums no one buys. 

I never said otherwise. Yeah, they're all shit without one another, it's just that Slash and Duff don't go around trying to prove otherwise, they play CD, they visit Axl singing for AC/DC and in general they're very ostensibly supportive of him, while with saying he is a fan of the previous line-up or emphasizing Fortus's or Frank's longevity in the band, he's kind of passive-agressive, as if desperately trying to avoid giving them too much credit. Which is rediculous cause they have it regardless. They're be the only true Guns N Roses members to everyone no matter what Axl says or does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

I never said otherwise. Yeah, they're all shit without one another, it's just that Slash and Duff don't go around trying to prove otherwise, they play CD, they visit Axl singing for AC/DC and in general they're very ostensibly supportive of him, while with saying he is a fan of the previous line-up or emphasizing Fortus's or Frank's longevity in the band, he's kind of passive-agressive, as if desperately trying to avoid giving them too much credit. Which is rediculous cause they have it regardless. They're be the only true Guns N Roses members to everyone no matter what Axl says or does.

I understand.

But I can also put myself in Axl's shoes. He worked with those people for more than 10 years and he worked alone with his band (yeah, GN'R) for a long time, going through all kind of shit to keep it alive. He may consider he's done a lot to just let it go like that and pretend those years without the others didn't exist. For the fans, who are always selfish, of course this means nothing. It's not their lives, it's not our lives. But for Axl, this is also what his life was about during that time.

I think the credit Axl gives to Duff and Slash has to do more with actions than words. Duff has a solo spot in the show and he does most of the chorus (along with Melissa), Slash has his solo spots and songs where he can show off his big contributions to the band (DTJ, Coma, Rocket Queen) plus, he can also show to the audience what he can do with the CD material. To me, that's more important than Axl talking crap onstage.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slitherz said:

Axl would get sooo much hate if he'd sang like this :D

its everyone's own musical taste, to me he's annoying. lotsa people mite love this. i didnt like weiland's vocal too but it was not this much annoying, wish slash continued with rod jackson all the time during his solo shit and vr.

2 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

its everyone's own musical taste, to me he's annoying. lotsa people mite love this. i didnt like weiland's vocal too but it was not this much annoying, wish slash continued with rod jackson all the time during his solo shit and vr.

Myles is good, but no on all songs... this was really horrible yes :)

ha, I could say the same you said, but about Dover :D

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah. That too. But I didn't mean that. I think Slash and Duff are shit on their own as well. If they leave GNR they will be as shitty as before rejoining.

You mean other than the Grammy that Slash and Duff won in Velvet Revolver.

And you mean other than Slash’s multiple charting singles from his 3 solo albums, including “You’re a Lie” and “World on Fire” which both peaked at #1.

And, of course, you mean other than the fact that VR and Slash solo smoked any and everything on Axl’s “Chinese” in sales, plays, and downloads. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

You mean other than the Grammy that Slash and Duff won in Velvet Revolver.

And you mean other than Slash’s multiple charting singles from his 3 solo albums, including “You’re a Lie” and “World on Fire” which both peaked at #1.

And, of course, you mean other than the fact that VR and Slash solo smoked any and everything on Axl’s “Chinese” in sales, plays, and downloads. 

Fill a River Plate stadium with VR, then you can back come quote me :)

Become the band every Gen-Xer remembers, then you can back come quote me :)

When Fall To Pieces becomes a classic rock anthem like SCOM, then you can come back and quote me :)

When you get to understand what Guns N' Roses means to the rock music, yes, you can come back and quote me :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Fill a River Plate stadium with VR, then you can back come quote me :)

Become the band every Gen-Xer remembers, then you can back come quote me :)

When Fall To Pieces becomes a classic rock anthem like SCOM, then you can come back and quote me :)

When you get to understand what Guns N' Roses means to the rock music, yes, you can come back and quote me :)

not doing those makes someone shit?

• Like 1