08/18/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

RussTCB

1 hour ago, FallToPieces65 said:

I think I'm the only Green Day fan in this forum lol

Not even close. I've met them a few times and seen them over 20 times. I've purchased every release on the day it came out since Insomniac. I was yelling loudly at the RNRHOF when they inducted GNR. They are my favorite band besides Guns. I think they'd make an amazing opener since they are a headliner in their own right. I've taken casual fans to see them and they were blown away by their near three hour shows even if they only went in knowing the hits.

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Not even close. I've met them a few times and seen them over 20 times. I've purchased every release on the day it came out since Insomniac. I was yelling loudly at the RNRHOF when they inducted GNR. They are my favorite band besides Guns. I think they'd make an amazing opener since they are a headliner in their own right. I've taken casual fans to see them and they were blown away by their near three hour shows even if they only went in knowing the hits.

I loved American Idiot in 8th grade. That album got me i to music and guitar. I fell out of love with Green Day but my ex took me to see them in like 2010 or so. They are awesome live. They played like 3 hours, it was insane. I was at the HOF too and they did a good enough job inducting GNR. They do make a great opener for GNR imo

37 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Every kid loved that album!

I can remember me and my friends in elementary school listening and talking about that album all the time!

Elementary school?  Good lord I'm old. I was a few years out of College when AI  came out and my friends at the time would ask me when I'd outgrow Green Day since we all got into them around Dookie in 9th Grade. I haven't yet and I don't think I will.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Elementary school?  Good lord I'm old. I was a few years out of College when AI  came out and my friends at the time would ask me when I'd outgrow Green Day since we all got into them around Dookie in 9th Grade. I haven't yet and I don't think I will.

Same thing has happened to me, I'm the only one out of my group of friends who still listen to them!

58 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Every kid loved that album!

I can remember me and my friends in elementary school listening and talking about that album all the time!

When American Idiot came out I remember in elementary school spending an hour loading up the 30 second previews for American Idiot on my shitty AOL dial up because my parents didn't let me listen to that album in 5th grade :P

Thankfully they changed their mind come 6th grade lol

Edited by WhazUp

I was gonna pass on the LA shows, but I've got a hunch these two shows are gonna be really special. If the boss lets me have Thursday off, I'm solo driving from Southern Oregon to Dodger Stadium on Wednesday night / Thursday Morning. 684 miles. Can anyone recommend a place I can park my car and sleep without being hassled by the locals/police ?

15 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Sitting at O'hare waiting to board to LA...see you guys there! 

I made a post very similar to this back in April while flying from O'Hare to Vegas for the second show! Safe travels and enjoy the show!

13 hours ago, no refrain said:

just got a couple GA tix for that show but now I'm worred because it states a 6:30 start time...I can't make it to the stadium until 9:30...I thought I would be getting there around show time but could it be even earlier?  Why 6:30 on the tix?  also, is there a difference between PIT 1 and PIT 2?  Seems like the stage might cut the two sections off but I was wondering if I could get in on either side?

You should seriously try like hell to get you there earlier.  Considering there will be a curfew and they went on not long after 8 in San Fran, you could very possibly end up missing well over half the show. 

As far as PIT 1 and 2, there is a mini catwalk that separates the two sides of the pit.  I don't know how strict they are about your tickets being one side or the other, but they may be.

I was on some Green Day fan forum last night due to a link about the opening act rumor that led me there.  The level of disrespect for GnR that was going on there was sad.  Many of them seemed to have no idea how big and important GnR was from 88 to 93. 

13 hours ago, no refrain said:

just got a couple GA tix for that show but now I'm worred because it states a 6:30 start time...I can't make it to the stadium until 9:30...I thought I would be getting there around show time but could it be even earlier?  Why 6:30 on the tix?  also, is there a difference between PIT 1 and PIT 2?  Seems like the stage might cut the two sections off but I was wondering if I could get in on either side?

Dodger Stadium has a very strict noise curfew they will basically unplug you if you run past curfew.  You will miss half the show if you are unable to be there until 9:30.

17 minutes ago, AxlCole said:

I was on some Green Day fan forum last night due to a link about the opening act rumor that led me there.  The level of disrespect for GnR that was going on there was sad.  Many of them seemed to have no idea how big and important GnR was from 88 to 93. 

I noticed that too. Best not to leave our bubble sometimes. 

*backs out of Green Day community slowly*

• Like 1

It looks like it'll be The Cult opening.Guess as hard as I tried to not get hopes up for Green Day I started to .Oh well get a chance to see a band I never have live that has quite a few songs I'm familiar with.2 more days ,can't wait 

24 minutes ago, gt72 said:

It looks like it'll be The Cult opening.Guess as hard as I tried to not get hopes up for Green Day I started to .Oh well get a chance to see a band I never have live that has quite a few songs I'm familiar with.2 more days ,can't wait 

I have to admit, even though I was a fan of Green Day back when Dookie was out (and the indie stuff they did before that), I'm kinda more interested in seeing The Cult.  I'd take Green Day, mind you, and enjoy it.  But I think the vibe of The Cult.... and the fact it harkens back to the early-GnR days... just sort of would really feel more right to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

The tweet just says they will be "joining them in LA".  It doesn't say anything about both shows, or one show or another.

I'm going to both LA shows since I live here. I have Friday off but I probably have to work on Thursday. Do you predict an 8PM GN'R start time both nights?