08/18/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

RussTCB

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is everything a problem all the time? I feel like we search for problems more then we find reasons to love this band.. And honestly, if you cant love this band anymore, or are slowly finding it hard to because everything they do pisses you off, why are you here?

To be quite honest I skip over most of the negativity ..... And I must say I love the fact you find us all these great pictures thanks !  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:
22 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

To be quite honest I skip over most of the negativity ..... And I must say I love the fact you find us all these great pictures thanks !  

Why is everything a problem all the time? I feel like we search for problems more then we find reasons to love this band.. And honestly, if you cant love this band anymore, or are slowly finding it hard to because everything they do pisses you off, why are you here?

What's people fighting about now?

3 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

Yah, it is really really boring to wait 23 years to see your favorite rock icons come back and play a couple of dozen shows. It even sucks more that they come back and they have the nerve to even sound better than they did in 92-93, god damn assholes.  And I really hate how  much fun they are clearly having.  I hate checking in to see the videos from each show and being shocked at how good axl sounds after we all feared his career was over in 2012-2013.  I hate seeing how much more talented slash is at his trade. And on top of it all, they actually have the nerve to playa handful of songs from Chinese, I mean really?? Who do they think they are anyways??  And lastly, it is so boring to see them do what everyone has spent decades complaining about and show up to play to a crowd on time.  I should really just give up being a gnr fan this just sucks man. don't you agree?

Well I don't agree they sound better than they did in 92-93, but that's just me.  Carry on

• Like 2

Different tastes for all with the live setting and what they like...but with slash being light years ahead as a lead and axl sounding incredible, I am sure we have both seen all the live gigs from the old era..i am just curious why you prefer their sound then over what is happening now? Not being a dick at all..just legitimately curious  :) 

9 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

Different tastes for all with the live setting and what they like...but with slash being light years ahead as a lead and axl sounding incredible, I am sure we have both seen all the live gigs from the old era..i am just curious why you prefer their sound then over what is happening now? Not being a dick at all..just legitimately curious  :) 

I understand, but it's not really important why I feel that way.  But I do want to point out some of us on here actually attended those gigs back in those days and are not just basing our opinion on what we've seen on YouTube (new or old gigs).

I don't want to get into a huge discussion about this specifically on this thread, but I will agree certain aspects of their performance are better.  I also feel certain aspects are not and some aspects are just....different, like not better (or worse), just different :)

overall, my general opinion is the farther you go back in time with a GnR performance, the more authentic it is in terms of being pure rock and roll.

Finally, what we are getting now is great, it really is.  But is it better than the late 80s/early 90s?  My answer is no.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. Was looking forward to seeing that this tour and they didn't play it at either show I went to. I can name about 3 or 4 songs that would have gladly been welcome over ;) Maybe next time \m/

Same thing happened to me. They didn't play it at the 1st VEGAS show or in SF. I had a feeling that might happen since they played it the gig before in HOUSTON. Also was disappointed to miss CITR, which was played the show before SF and every show since. I can't seem to catch a break. My timing is terrible. And it isn't new. Case in point, back in 1991 they played LOCOMOTIVE at the 1st show in MOUNTAIN VIEW and I attended to the 2nd show the following evening.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

Show was cool...I was front row in front of slash and thought the first half was really great and the felt the second half was a little bloated with mid tempo to slower songs  as well as extended jams and instrumentals and it sort of kills the vibe. I still had fun and will be back again today. I've seen more energetic and genuine feeling performances out of all of these guys though (slash and duff in VR or solo and Guns in '06). Money talks though and the casual fans are thrilled. I'm glad I got to see the 3 of them together but it's very obvious it's just for a paycheck. It feels very much like when I saw the first leg of the VH "reunion" in 07 or 08 or whenever that was.

Frank's drumming and Richards super cool guy rockstar moves don't fit this band at all though.

Slash was great as always. I've seen him at just about every club in Hollywood, multiple amphitheaters, a soccer arena, parking lots, rehearsal studios and now a baseball stadium and he always delivers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slitherz said:

I think the real problem here is that Frank is not half retarded junkie with blond hair :D

Steven is not a junkie anymore and the person who you are calling retarded, even after doing so much shit, he looks better than all of them and plays so much better than Frank. 

Steven played only 2 songs and they sounded perfect. Im sure @Tom-Ass and many others will agree with me. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Same thing happened to me. They didn't play it at the 1st VEGAS show or in SF. I had a feeling that might happen since they played it the gig before in HOUSTON. Also was disappointed to miss CITR, which was played the show before SF and every show since. I can't seem to catch a break. My timing is terrible. And it isn't new. Case in point, back in 1991 they played LOCOMOTIVE at the 1st show in MOUNTAIN VIEW and I attended to the 2nd show the following evening.

In 91 I went to the first Worcester show and the second show they played Breakdown! haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Has anyone spotted Charlie Sheen last night? I mean he always attends GnR or Slash concerts so I figured he would be in the house on this one...

I don't know where he is, he has not even posted on here since like 2 weeks now, he din't go to the troub. show also. Maybe after he said crap about Axl, he was not allowed?

50 minutes ago, tberrie007 said:

Yah, it is really really boring to wait 23 years to see your favorite rock icons come back and play a couple of dozen shows. It even sucks more that they come back and they have the nerve to even sound better than they did in 92-93, god damn assholes.  And I really hate how  much fun they are clearly having.  I hate checking in to see the videos from each show and being shocked at how good axl sounds after we all feared his career was over in 2012-2013.  I hate seeing how much more talented slash is at his trade. And on top of it all, they actually have the nerve to playa handful of songs from Chinese, I mean really?? Who do they think they are anyways??  And lastly, it is so boring to see them do what everyone has spent decades complaining about and show up to play to a crowd on time.  I should really just give up being a gnr fan this just sucks man. don't you agree?

Ha. That was great. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Steven is not a junkie anymore and the person who you are calling retarded, even after doing so much shit, he looks better than all of them and plays so much better than Frank. 

Steven played only 2 songs and they sounded perfect. Im sure @Tom-Ass and many others will agree with me. 

100%

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

We were at the show and it blew us away!

There was a beautiful full moon right over the stadium. Was truly magical to see with Axl up front playing November Rain

Slash totally stole the show. He is a living rock god and is better than ever. His hands looked like a giant tarantula dancing over the fret board.

Personal fav moments, This I Love, Coma and the outro of November Rain.

Crowd was an even mix of 30/40 somethings and young people, parents taking their kids. While there were some enthusiastic people alot were mannequin like, but I think this was more of watching in awe than anything else.

Funny Moment...at the end after Night Train when they did the encore and had the 'Guns N Roses' flashing, the middle aged white guy behind us yelled the chant 'Guns N Roses' at the top of his lungs to get the crowd going. Few people joined in so he stopped and said 'I'm getting to old for this shit!' and everyone laughed.

A time tip of the hat in your direction. Well done.