Nighttrain Pre-Sale- Is this a rip off?

Used the Night train pre-sale to get my two tickets for Arizona show but simply amazed how they cap it at 2 tickets total for the entire tour.  Went on this morning to see if another password came up for the shows that were added in Chicago, NY, etc. and got a message that I had already used my two ticket limit.  I find this to be especially amusing since when I pull up the seat map for some of the locations (like Arizona) I am seeing just tons of open seating.  The entire upper sections are still wide open.  I would like to get tickets for NY show also but don't want to chance it with the masses all trying at the same time on Ticketmaster, would have thought that at least the Nighttrain members would have gotten first shot at the added shows again..

Nightrain pre-sale was a joke. I will absolutely never join again. I joined in January so at least I got the cool dagger shirt and laminate, but that's about it. No forums, ticket limits, and a terrible choice of seats. Talk about a bust! I guess I might consider joining again if they do a contest to win a date with Melissa. Who am I kidding though, I'd settle for a phone call from Frank.

• Like 2

It's most certainly a rip-off... and a waste of time.  And not just for GNR, for any band (through Ticketmaster at least).  

Couple examples...

- GNR:  I tried the original presale for DC.  Then I looked at the non-presale rates (which were already posted... whether by mistake or not), and they were exactly the same.  So I skipped the presale.  Waited for regular tickets to go on sale and not only was I able to buy more than two tickets (I bought 6), but they wound up being CHEAPER during the regular public sale with more seating options available.  

- David Gilmour:  Tried his presale.  Wound up paying $500 for two seats.  Days before his concert two weeks ago a few of my other friends wanted to tag along.  Went on Ebay and found BETTER seats for like $100 a piece.  And there were TONS available. 

Lessons I learned:  Presales are worthless for a Stadium tour.  There will be plenty of seats available when the general sale starts, and you'll probably find cheaper seats and be able to buy as many as you want.   And if you're a risk taker, wait until a couple weeks before the show and check out EBAY.   There's usually tons of seats for sale by then by people who can no longer attend the show and simply want to unload their tickets.  

28 minutes ago, Dan2330 said:

Used the Night train pre-sale to get my two tickets for Arizona show but simply amazed how they cap it at 2 tickets total for the entire tour.  Went on this morning to see if another password came up for the shows that were added in Chicago, NY, etc. and got a message that I had already used my two ticket limit.  I find this to be especially amusing since when I pull up the seat map for some of the locations (like Arizona) I am seeing just tons of open seating.  The entire upper sections are still wide open.  I would like to get tickets for NY show also but don't want to chance it with the masses all trying at the same time on Ticketmaster, would have thought that at least the Nighttrain members would have gotten first shot at the added shows again..

U2 presale on the official site worked in the same bad way...

• Like 1

Don't do it! I got pit tickets from both Citi card and the general on sale. I kept getting seats in the very back of the stadium on the floor with Night train. Wish I would have just waited. With the other presales you can also buy more than 2 tickets.

16 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Early access to shitty seats. I'll never do Nightrain presale again...

Yep...I think they play off the hype of die-hard fans anxious to get good seat to see their band. What ends up happening is they overpay for average seats. The more time that passes since the joke that was the Nighttrain presale, the more ripped off I feel. The absolute LEAST they should do is make sure the friggin' website is working. As I have explained on other threads (and I know I am not alone) I got error messages galore for Paul Brown and Heinz Field shows. The only show I could get tickets for was Detroit, which was on the Lions website, not ticketbastard. Just a complete cluster.

The seats I got from the nt presale weren't really bad, they were just okay. It was just the fact that you could only get 2 tickets. 2 was all I needed but it was crazy that you pay for the fan club and only get 2 but the other presales you pay nothing and can get more. Just a waste of money for me

Edited by Tourettes2400

It helped me get tickets during the Toronto presale (though I had to give the code to my friend in Canada as Ticketmaster.ca wasn't letting me through with either of my cards), which was nice I guess, but I won't be renewing it if the two ticket limit is still in place. I've sent them an email telling them this.

I can understand wanting to stop scalping, but this seems to me more to be a way to get fans to pony up for VIP packages, especially seeing as Ticketmaster is behind all this <shakesfist>

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Nightrain pre-sale was a joke. I will absolutely never join again. I joined in January so at least I got the cool dagger shirt and laminate, but that's about it. No forums, ticket limits, and a terrible choice of seats. Talk about a bust! I guess I might consider joining again if they do a contest to win a date with Melissa. Who am I kidding though, I'd settle for a phone call from Frank.

Whore......

• Like 1

Well at least this time they have GA PIT tickets available but they are more expensive 285 bucks. I didn't buy because I checked N.Y. and I'm not going there. I don't know how much the final price is with all the feeds