Die Zeit article on how Axl came back

3 minutes ago, Schwarzgold said:

Dudes, that thing is an ironic piece of art, mixing references to arts and sciences with a kind of roadie biography style of writing - not mean by the way, but PURELY fictional.

How so? I dont understand...

The article suggests that Axl found epiphanies in Niklas Luhmanns "Systemtheorie" and used the resulting insights and enthusiasm to get GNR back on track. Then follow several fictional dialogues during the reunion process, featuring slash and co as if they were philosophers and sociologists themselves, uttering overlycomplex tidbits from these sciences. And so on (sorry, typing on a phone)

I think it's supposed to counter all the detailed analyses and critiques that way - ironically showing that it was exactly none of that but "only rock n rolll" in the best sense.

Edited by Schwarzgold

8 minutes ago, Schwarzgold said:

The article suggests that Axl found epiphanies in Niklas Luhmanns "Systemtheorie" and used the resulting insights and enthusiasm to get GNR back on track. Then follow several fictional dialogues during the reunion process, featuring slash and co as if they were philosophers and sociologists themselves, uttering overlycomplex tidbits from these sciences. And so on (sorry, typing on a phone)

I think it's supposed to counter all the detailed analyses and critiques that way - ironically showing that it was exactly none of that but "only rock n rolll" in the best sense.

it would be cool, if Axl studied Luhmann's Systemtheorie :lol:

As a former sociology student, i enjoyed his thoughts