Steven Adler Throws Out Back On 2nd Day Of GN'R Rehearsals - According To Mitch Lafon

57 minutes ago, slash97 said:

He'll never permanently replace Ferrer nor should he, to be completely honest, but I'm sure he'll have guest appearances which is good enough.

With the amount of money they are making, they can afford to hire professional bodyguards/babysitters for him. Have his wife there as well to keep him from relapsing. There is no doubt Steven Adler is the only drummer in the world who plays the Appetite songs with the right groove and feel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

With the amount of money they are making, they can afford to hire professional bodyguards/babysitters for him. Have his wife there as well to keep him from relapsing. There is no doubt Steven Adler is the only drummer in the world who plays the Appetite songs with the right groove and feel.

After seeing Frank play the AFD songs in Vegas, I can definitely attest to this. If the band wants to give their fan base a truly memorable experience, they'll do whatever is necessary to get Steven back and keep him in the fold. While in Vegas, I met numerous Guns' fans and all of them vocalized being pretty bummed that Steven and Izzy weren't there. Honestly, I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who felt that Frank's playing ruined numerous AFD songs.

30 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Or you could just stick with the guy that doesn't need a full time bodyguard, babysitter and can be trusted to not go off on a bender or show up stoned out of his mind. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Or you could just stick with the guy that doesn't need a full time bodyguard, babysitter and can be trusted to not go off on a bender or show up stoned out of his mind. 

There is a price to pay one way or another. They charge the fans a ton of money and then the tempo of the songs is not right. The groove is not there like it should be. So to justify those ticket prices, they could easily invest a bit into Adler who does a better job on those songs than Frank. Or they can go the cheap route with a replacement of a replacement of a replacement with a drumming style that doesn't really fit the songs.

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

True he's very reliable. You can rely on him to do everything but play the fucking songs right.

• Like 1

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

There is a price to pay one way or another. They charge the fans a ton of money and then the tempo of the songs is not right. The groove is not there like it should be. So to justify those ticket prices, they could easily invest a bit into Adler who does a better job on those songs than Frank. Or they can go the cheap route with a replacement of a replacement of a replacement with a drumming style that doesn't really fit the songs.

What percentage of fans do you think really notice or care about Franks drumming vs Adler's? I mean, really, really care to the point it's going to ruin the show for them? The hardcore fan might notice these things but the casuals who are there to see Slash and Axl probably aren't that concerned that Steven Adler isn't there. I just think the amount of effort that needs to go into babysitting him and all the potential problems he could cause isn't worth Adler's drumming being better than Frank's on songs from one album. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

True he's very reliable. You can rely on him to do everything but play the fucking songs right.

Would you rather he face plant into his drum riser? Maybe he can sing "pass pass pass the joint" when Axl gives him his introduction? Maybe he can start showing up drunk/and or high and derail the whole tour? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

It's not coming from Vicky Hamilton's camp.  She says she doesn't know the details and that she's reached out to Steven but has not heard back.

That came from Mitch Lafon.

And unfortunately lafon isn't all that great of a source. Remember when he posted that this band was going to have Dave kushner in it?? Lol I mean my god dude we appreciate you trying but you're not even Eddie trunk.. So I hope it's right but agreed with Gunsguy.. Grain of salt

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Would you rather he face plant into his drum riser? Maybe he can sing "pass pass pass the joint" when Axl gives him his introduction? Maybe he can start showing up drunk/and or high and derail the whole tour? 

He hasn't been like that for years. I think you slowly try to work him back in. Adler should be there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

And unfortunately lafon isn't all that great of a source. Remember when he posted that this band was going to have Dave kushner in it?? Lol I mean my god dude we appreciate you trying but you're not even Eddie trunk.. So I hope it's right but agreed with Gunsguy.. Grain of salt

Lafon did get some stuff right though. I think he reported Axl's foot injury before anyone.

Folks....if Steven is performing this week with his own band and is obviously feeling well enough to sit up straight and play the drums..... Then I think you would have seen him this last weekend at Coachella. 

Maybe it's time to accept that Guns n' Roses 2016 does not and will not include neither Izzy or Steven in any capacity. This is still better than any of us could have expected for more than 20 years. 

Izzy has his reasons as he always does, and Steven is just too much of a liability. 

It is what it is, and it's not so bad. 

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

He's had some things right.  He was the first to announce the appearance on Kimmel I believe.  We'll see.

40 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

He's had some things right.  He was the first to announce the appearance on Kimmel I believe.  We'll see.

The appearance that never happened?! I do wonder what happened there..Lol idk I mean Eh if we're told GNR news by Eddie trunk then it's pretty believable since he was pretty much the first who broke the reunion news and everything he's pretty much said happened. I'm not sure how connected Mitch is, but I do hope he's right. This is too significant not to have Adler there 

Not a legit source whatsoever.

But I totally buy it. And appearances from Izzy. I mean why not? Slash and Axl reunited, and Axl is the singer of AC\DC. All these crazy rumors keep coming true.

• Like 1

Not a legit source whatsoever.

But I totally buy it. And appearances from Izzy. I mean why not? Slash and Axl reunited, and Axl is the singer of AC\DC. All these crazy rumors keep coming true.

27 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The appearance that never happened?! I do wonder what happened there..Lol idk I mean Eh if we're told GNR news by Eddie trunk then it's pretty believable since he was pretty much the first who broke the reunion news and everything he's pretty much said happened. I'm not sure how connected Mitch is, but I do hope he's right. This is too significant not to have Adler there 

He announced the appearance on Kimmel before Rolling Stone confirmed he was scheduled to appear.  No idea why Axl backed out.  I agree, it is too significant not to have Steven there, for even some shows.

I just love this guy so much! Everytime I see him I smile, he's so contagious.

Makes me extremely happy to see him doing well and ready to play. I'm sure he'll have his moment with GNR and just hope he'll deliver and show the entire world how amazing he is.

2 minutes ago, downliner said:

Sucks for Steven if this is true, but as usual we have no bloody idea what to believe :lol: Loved that Adler album btw, hope they are working on another one?

Back From The Dead is one of my favorite "GNR related" albums hands down! They were supposedly writing new material last year and even announced they were going to release a new song called "Life Ain't Gonna", don't know what happened with that but I hope they will release another album because the first one was amazing.