Steven Adler Throws Out Back On 2nd Day Of GN'R Rehearsals - According To Mitch Lafon

I don't want to believe that he'll return, it's such a let down when you get your hopes up and stuff doesn't happen. I feel like they're dangling the AfD line-up in front of us to keep this reunion interesting. Even if you're prepared to give the hybrid line-up a chance, how can you when the possibility of Steven and Izzy returning is looming in the background.

It's crazy to think that the only reason Frank is here, is because Steven did his back in. 

I'm now starting to believe that Steven's return could be permanent, not just a guest spot.

• Like 1

Stick four or five Appetite songs in the encore and have Steven come out and play. Saves the switching drummers all night and gives him a nice special chunk of the show. He looks great! That said, I don't want to get my hopes up yet. So many people did that with the Izzy situation.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Stick four or five Appetite songs in the encore and have Steven come out and play. Saves the switching drummers all night and gives him a nice special chunk of the show. He looks great! That said, I don't want to get my hopes up yet. So many people did that with the Izzy situation.

That's a great idea, Mr Bond.

3 hours ago, thunder120 said:

Even if it's just a guest spot, a situation where he probably has to earn the trust of the rest of the band, we should all be happy. If he comes out and plays a block of appetite songs on this tour ID be more than happy

Or fire Frank... Ya know, whatevs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nobody thinks he'll be the permanent drummer but most old school GNR fans want him and Izzy out for a guest spot now and then. 

I am hoping it is more than that... I am really hoping  they can work Adler into the set every night to play his songs.. Or at least most of them.. The drumming situation needs to be addressed.

I hate reiterating myself through various threads regarding the same topic, but is no one considering the scenario in which Steven plays all AFD songs and Civil War and Patience (as he said he is okay with second drummer - thinking of Matt - as long as he opens and closes the show), and thus he will be fresh and rested throughout the tour... and then there's Frank to cover everything else... 

I'm not saying anything revolutionary, it just seems so surreal the people are speculating all the possible situations and the most simple and obvious and feasible one lies in front of our faces...

What I find odd is that if it is true that he was rehearsing with the band and was supposed to play these April dates why wouldn't he have played at least the second Coachella show but then was ready to go with Adler the next weekend?

Also I want him to be part of the summer tour but that would be a horrible way to promote the tour with warm up shows with a totally different drummer, I would be pissed if I went to one of the first shows without him...then he shows up for the rest of the tour!

At the end of the day I just want to see Adler playing AFD songs, it would be awesome just watching how happy the dude would be playing with Axl, Slash & Duff.

5 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Did Adler put it down on a family member of yours? You are always downing the guy. If you are a GNR fan and not just a fan of anyone Axl hires,then Adler deserves respect. Nobody thinks he'll be the permanent drummer but most old school GNR fans want him and Izzy out for a guest spot now and then. They both deserve at least that much. I'm sure Ferrer and Fortus would agree on that. 

What does he deserve? He was the drummer for one album and got himself thrown out six years before the rest of the band imploded. He spent 25 years whining about it and blaming everyone but himself for his own predicament while occasionally making an intoxicated fool of himself. He's been on again off again sober as recently as 2013, when Duff gave him a chance to open for Loaded on tour and he went off on a bender.  What has he done since 1990 to earn the chance to be part of the current band?  The guy's erratic, he's unreliable and he could cause a number of problems when things seem to be going smoothly. He's just not worth the risk and it's his own fault - not Axl's, not Slash's, not Duff's, his own. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

What does he deserve? He was the drummer for one album and got himself thrown out six years before the rest of the band imploded. He spent 25 years whining about it and blaming everyone but himself for his own predicament while occasionally making an intoxicated fool of himself. He's been on again off again sober as recently as 2013, when Duff gave him a chance to open for Loaded on tour and he went off on a bender.  What has he done since 1990 to earn the chance to be part of the current band?  The guy's erratic, he's unreliable and he could cause a number of problems when things seem to be going smoothly. He's just not worth the risk and it's his own fault - not Axl's, not Slash's, not Duff's, his own. 

He's not just the drummer on one album, he's the drummer on the album. Half their set is still made up of songs he played on.

Edited by bigpoop

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

He's not just the drummer on one album, he's the drummer on the album. Half their set is still made up of songs he played on.

More like 30%, not 50%. But a better point to make is what Matt Sorum said years ago. Steven Adler was a big part of the GN'R sound. Set aside the album for a second. Live gigs whooped ass too and Adler was a big part of that. All 5 of them were amazing together.

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

What I find odd is that if it is true that he was rehearsing with the band and was supposed to play these April dates why wouldn't he have played at least the second Coachella show but then was ready to go with Adler the next weekend?

Also I want him to be part of the summer tour but that would be a horrible way to promote the tour with warm up shows with a totally different drummer, I would be pissed if I went to one of the first shows without him...then he shows up for the rest of the tour!

At the end of the day I just want to see Adler playing AFD songs, it would be awesome just watching how happy the dude would be playing with Axl, Slash & Duff.

Maybe because (according to Lafon) he got injured on the 2nd day of rehearsals so as he barely got to rehearse with the band, they decided to play these first few shows without him and then rehearse with him in may. This might not be the reason but it would make sense to me if it was.

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He was the drummer for two albums. He blamed himself many times, not only the other guys. He toured the world several times and lately released a killer album with his band ADLER. He's been erratic off stage but, unlike Frank Ferrer, he's always been rock solid on stage and he's been the most reliable guy in the world when it came to playing Appetite For Destruction. You have all the right in the world to consider him a risk and to prefer he's not included, yet reminding his addiction problems a hundred times and making "jokes" about it doesn't seem to be the classiest thing... :shrugs:

• Like 2