Steven Adler Throws Out Back On 2nd Day Of GN'R Rehearsals - According To Mitch Lafon

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this or accused of being too young to "know what GNR was" but I'm not fussed either way if Steven plays any shows with them or not. If he is - great. If he's not - no biggy. It was like when I saw Izzy with Axl's GNR (on about 5/6 occasions) I wasn't standing there going HOLY SHIT. I was just like... Cool. But it wasn't make or break on whether the show was any good. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Binge_And_Slash said:

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this or accused of being too young to "know what GNR was" but I'm not fussed either way if Steven plays any shows with them or not. If he is - great. If he's not - no biggy. It was like when I saw Izzy with Axl's GNR (on about 5/6 occasions) I wasn't standing there going HOLY SHIT. I was just like... Cool. But it wasn't make or break on whether the show was any good. 

That's fine, not everyone has to be a big fan of Steven or his playing.

I think there's a difference in your example, though. If Steven gets to play with GNR, the songs are probably going to sound different than they do with Frank while, when you got to see Izzy, he was there as the FOURTH guitarist so I don't think there was a big difference he could make. If Izzy came back to replace Fortus, then it would be different, but if he joins Slash AND Richard, I don't think it will sound the way it used to do back in the 80's.

12 hours ago, Binge_And_Slash said:

No one will flame you. I think Steven there would be incredible because he will make the songs he plays sound better than they do now. I watched videos of Izzy with NuGnR and they didn't do much for me but that was because I couldn't stand that band. It would have taken a lot more than one guy to improve that band for me. You couldn't even hear his guitar on the videos I saw.. Same thing watching the videos with Duff. They still sucked... It didn't sound any different. It was still a circus and Axl still sounded like ass.

The band doesn't sound like complete ass anymore and Steven could definitely give some of these songs the kick in the ass that they need. It would be awesome to see Izzy but unless he is singing you won't be able to hear him anyway as Foreskin's guitar will certainly be too loud and drown him out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

or the rest is tied back in a pony tail

Don't get me bring Miser here again :lol:

Hairline is definitely not the same

But i watched the video, so you are correct or he grown his hair very fast

ADLER will be playing tomorrow on that M3 Rockfestival

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, action said:

i've come to a point where i just can't watch the videos of nuguns anymore. I stumbled on a video of "appetite for democracy" the other day. DJashba was directing the crowd with his weird arm gestures and i couldn't cringe more. everything about that concert looked so wrong. Axl looked like a prat for wanting to perform with these hacks. how i endured this for the last 15 years or so, i'll never know. i guess i just pretended to like it. i went with whatever uncle Axl forced upon us. but those days are over. if and when Axl would fire either Duff or Slash again, then i'm out. that would be it. i couldn't take another 10 years of nonsense.

This is it now for axl, he can't go back, it wouldn't be accepted. We only ever stuck with the new incarnation of guns cos we thought there was music coming. Axl is on his last chance. 

Edited by Chilliconcarne

3 hours ago, action said:

i've come to a point where i just can't watch the videos of nuguns anymore. I stumbled on a video of "appetite for democracy" the other day. DJashba was directing the crowd with his weird arm gestures and i couldn't cringe more. everything about that concert looked so wrong. Axl looked like a prat for wanting to perform with these hacks. how i endured this for the last 15 years or so, i'll never know. i guess i just pretended to like it. i went with whatever uncle Axl forced upon us. but those days are over. if and when Axl would fire either Duff or Slash again, then i'm out. that would be it. i couldn't take another 10 years of nonsense.

Exactly

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

What I find odd is that if it is true that he was rehearsing with the band and was supposed to play these April dates why wouldn't he have played at least the second Coachella show but then was ready to go with Adler the next weekend?

Also I want him to be part of the summer tour but that would be a horrible way to promote the tour with warm up shows with a totally different drummer, I would be pissed if I went to one of the first shows without him...then he shows up for the rest of the tour!

At the end of the day I just want to see Adler playing AFD songs, it would be awesome just watching how happy the dude would be playing with Axl, Slash & Duff.

You mean there was a time period where slash and duff weren't in the band?? F that, I've chosen to repress those memories, now lets never talk about it again.

5 hours ago, action said:

With Robin they were better.   I wasn't that into the DJ era either, but the 2006 shows were amazing.   

On 26 april 2016 at 1:34 AM, Modano09 said:

His addiction problems seem like a pretty big deal that a lot of people are ignoring. He's erratic and could potentially derail the whole thing. After all this time, Slash, Axl and Duff are playing together and people aren't happy enough/would risk it for Steven Adler? He's not that important. 

He's not that important? Are you serious??! Go away. Just go away please. You're so out of line.

Steven Adler ment everything to that groovy sound of AFD. Period. End of discussion.

18 minutes ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

He's not that important? Are you serious??! Go away. Just go away please. You're so out of line.

Steven Adler ment everything to that groovy sound of AFD. Period. End of discussion.

I didn't read his comment to say that Steven is not important at all, but Steven is not important enough to include in this thing that Axl/Duff/Slash have going on if forcing him to be included will make the whole thing fall apart. If you think Steven is important enough to risk the whole thing falling apart then cool for you, that is your opinion. If you don't think including Steven in this will make things fall apart then, hey that is great too.

However, even if he is saying Steven is the worst drummer on the planet and should in no way be included in this thing ever then he has the right to his opinion and the right to say it as much as he wants just as others on this board get to complain about Frank and Richard. There is no "end of discussion" this is a forum. It is all about the discussion.

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

I didn't read his comment to say that Steven is not important at all, but Steven is not important enough to include in this thing that Axl/Duff/Slash have going on if forcing him to be included will make the whole thing fall apart. If you think Steven is important enough to risk the whole thing falling apart then cool for you, that is your opinion. If you don't think including Steven in this will make things fall apart then, hey that is great too.

However, even if he is saying Steven is the worst drummer on the planet and should in no way be included in this thing ever then he has the right to his opinion and the right to say it as much as he wants just as others on this board get to complain about Frank and Richard. There is no "end of discussion" this is a forum. It is all about the discussion.

Ok besserwisser. Thank you!

1 hour ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

Okay, how about this? He was thrown out of the band, for good reason, 26 years ago. He's done nothing in 26 years to prove he's over-come his problems, if anything he's done nothing but justify his own firing. When last someone gave him a chance (Duff in 2013) he, naturally, went off on a bender. Nobody owes Steven Adler a thing and Slash/Axl/Duff have every right to go with the drummer that doesn't come with the problems Adler's likely to come with. If this is actually a $3 million per show tour, nobody's risking that for Adler. 

Edited by Modano09

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Nobody owes Steven Adler a thing

You're totally right. I mean, it was Axl the one who turned Slash into playing guitar after all, right? :suspicious:

So far, I've failed to find ONE video of that Loaded-Adler tour where Steven fucked up a song. Duff invited him to play It's So Easy and Steven nailed it and that was when he wasn't clean. If he's around 2 years clean and sober (as some people claimed), I can't see the risk. Back then, all his friends were doing drugs and to him it was a cool thing, not a problem. Now all his friends are clean, there are no drugs around GNR and if he's part of the reunion he'll be the happiest man on the planet, he won't need drugs to get through the day.

I'm sure it would be special for Slash to have Steven there at least for a few songs. I believe he's the one pulling for Steven to be part of the tour in some way. I can't wait to see him on stage so we can all see whether he can bring it or not and stop with the speculation.

I remember not so long ago when Slash was discussing the possibility or a reunion (and also mentioning it in his book) that he would only take part in a reunion of it was the original 5 appetite guys. For that reason I really hope the story of Steven taking part in rehearsals and throwing his back out are true. Izzy is Izzy and doesn't seem too fussed either way. Although I do think there was some disagreement with money with him and the reunion. I do hope for Stevens sake that he is part of the upcoming shows. He's been banging the reunion drum since pretty much 1990 and seems to be in good shape going by those videos.

6 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You're totally right. I mean, it was Axl the one who turned Slash into playing guitar after all, right? :suspicious:

So far, I've failed to find ONE video of that Loaded-Adler tour where Steven fucked up a song. Duff invited him to play It's So Easy and Steven nailed it and that was when he wasn't clean. If he's around 2 years clean and sober (as some people claimed), I can't see the risk. Back then, all his friends were doing drugs and to him it was a cool thing, not a problem. Now all his friends are clean, there are no drugs around GNR and if he's part of the reunion he'll be the happiest man on the planet, he won't need drugs to get through the day.

I'm sure it would be special for Slash to have Steven there at least for a few songs. I believe he's the one pulling for Steven to be part of the tour in some way. I can't wait to see him on stage so we can all see whether he can bring it or not and stop with the speculation.

Dafuq dude, you can't say slash will forever owe Steven a thing because he turned him onto guitar some almost 40 odd years ago and he turned out to be really good at it. 2) No one said Steven fucked up any songs, do your research before you wanna call people out. It was at the airport when they landed in Japan when he went straight to the bar and made a total fool of himself like back in the 80s, that's what Duff was talking about, not on stage moments.

Regardless Steven should be their drummer but for other reasons (because he made slash play guitar is just ridiculous, plus he didn't. He turned him to bass, it was his bass teacher who got him into guitar). He won't relapse if he's back in gnr (this was his dream for 26 years after all, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to believe he'd throw that away and not control himself).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown