Steven Adler Throws Out Back On 2nd Day Of GN'R Rehearsals - According To Mitch Lafon

Also, I wouldn't be too sure about Slash being all for having Steven back. I distinctly remember Steven whining about Slash avoiding and ignoring him nowadays. I also remember seeing an interview with Slash where he called Steven an idiot or moron or something like that (and not in a joking, affectionate kind of way). And of course they also chose Sorum over Steven for VR, because Steven was/is a mess. Plus, Slash seems pretty friendly with Frank. All things considered (:lol:), it doesn't sound like Slash's desperate to have Steven around.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Also, I wouldn't be too sure about Slash being all for having Steven back. I distinctly remember Steven whining about Slash avoiding and ignoring him nowadays. I also remember seeing an interview with Slash where he called Steven an idiot or moron or something like that (and not in a joking, affectionate kind of way). And of course they also chose Sorum over Steven for VR, because Steven was/is a mess. Plus, Slash seems pretty friendly with Frank. All things considered (:lol:), it doesn't sound like Slash's desperate to have Steven around.

Slash has recorded with him on his 2010 album though. Also slash has said if there ever was to be a gnr reunion, it would have to be done right with the original guys, so maybe slash did indeed state that to Axl as his criteria for rejoining that in the long run he aims to have Steven and maybe even Izzy back in the fold. But all things considered, we appear to know fuck all yet again :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash has recorded with him on his 2010 album though. Also slash has said if there ever was to be a gnr reunion, it would have to be done right with the original guys, so maybe slash did indeed state that to Axl as his criteria for rejoining that in the long run he aims to have Steven and maybe even Izzy back in the fold. But all things considered, we appear to know fuck all yet again :lol:

True. I guess this is what one gets for being a fan of such a ridiculous band ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You're totally right. I mean, it was Axl the one who turned Slash into playing guitar after all, right? :suspicious:

So far, I've failed to find ONE video of that Loaded-Adler tour where Steven fucked up a song. Duff invited him to play It's So Easy and Steven nailed it and that was when he wasn't clean. If he's around 2 years clean and sober (as some people claimed), I can't see the risk. Back then, all his friends were doing drugs and to him it was a cool thing, not a problem. Now all his friends are clean, there are no drugs around GNR and if he's part of the reunion he'll be the happiest man on the planet, he won't need drugs to get through the day.

I'm sure it would be special for Slash to have Steven there at least for a few songs. I believe he's the one pulling for Steven to be part of the tour in some way. I can't wait to see him on stage so we can all see whether he can bring it or not and stop with the speculation.

It's not about how he plays, it's about putting an unreliable drug addict in a position where a $3 million per show tour is relying on them. It's not 1988 anymore, these guys aren't going to tolerate a drunk/high drummer as long as he can play on stage. He's been "sober almost a year" for 26 years now, so I wouldn't put much stock into that, and how about this - Slash pushes to give Alder a chance, Axl's against it, but agrees. Alder screws it up, as he's likely to do. Think that causes tension?

Look at it this way - if Alder were in jail right now, and unavailable to be part of GNR, would people be ragging on Frank for not being Alder? Or ragging on the band for not including him? No, because he wouldn't have been an option and it would be his own fault. Well it's the same thing. He's not an option to be what people want him to be because of his own fault.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It's not about how he plays, it's about putting an unreliable drug addict in a position where a $3 million per show tour is relying on them. It's not 1988 anymore, these guys aren't going to tolerate a drunk/high drummer as long as he can play on stage. He's been "sober almost a year" for 26 years now, so I wouldn't put much stock into that, and how about this - Slash pushes to give Alder a chance, Axl's against it, but agrees. Alder screws it up, as he's likely to do. Think that causes tension?

Look at it this way - if Alder were in jail right now, and unavailable to be part of GNR, would people be ragging on Frank for not being Alder? Or ragging on the band for not including him? No, because he wouldn't have been an option and it would be his own fault. Well it's the same thing. He's not an option to be what people want him to be because of his own fault.

People aren't ragging on for "not being Adler".. They are ragging on his because he drums like shit on half the songs.. If he sounded good people would have moved on.. 

Slash was still shooting up during Velvet Revolver.. They all have issues.. 

Write Adler's contract so he doesn't get paid until after the tour.. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Steven screwing up the thing he looked forward to 20+ years? I don't think so. That would be like the best ever motivation for him to stay clean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Are you intentionally screwing his name EVERY SINGLE TIME you write something including his name...?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Steven screwing up the thing he looked forward to 20+ years? I don't think so. That would be like the best ever motivation for him to stay clean.

But on the other hand, when one of the AfD members gave him a chance and let his band open for Loaded...he completely went down in flames. There was plenty of motivation there; that would have been an amazing opportunity for Adler to show the others that he really was clean and ready to handle the pressures of touring, and he blew it.

• Like 1

You have to remember that Duff and Slash took the risk to fire Scott Weiland, one of the most respected rock singers, out of their band because of his drug related problems.

Do you think that after taking such a drastic decision and after the mess that was GnR for the last twenty years, they would bet on Steven Adler for an entire tour ? They didn't even bet on him for their personal side-projects during that time gap.

It's sad but it is what it is. When you are a professional musician and you get to play at that level, you don't risk losing it all on someone that inconsistent.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

You have to remember that Duff and Slash took the risk to fire Scott Weiland, one of the most respected rock singers, out of their band because of his drug related problems.

Do you think that after taking such a drastic decision and after the mess that was GnR for the last twenty years, they would bet on Steven Adler for an entire tour ? They didn't even bet on him for their personal side-projects during that time gap.

It's sad but it is what it is. When you are a professional musician and you get to play at that level, you don't risk losing it all on someone that inconsistent.

And you consider Axl not to be inconsistent? Maybe not in a drug related way, but still...

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

And you consider Axl not to be inconsistent? Maybe not in a drug related way, but still...

Did I ever say that ?

Axl probably was the most inconsistent of all of them but can't be replaced, unlike Steven who was "just" the drummer.

1 minute ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Did I ever say that ?

Axl probably was the most inconsistent of all of them but can't be replaced, unlike Steven who was "just" the drummer.

Just a drummer? Blasphemy!

And no, I didn't say you said that, hence the question mark.

Folks.......Guns n' Roses has booked a reunion tour in Stadiums. Axl is reason enough to be worried about roadblocks and hurdles, but he is also the co-star of this show (with Slash)  to 99% of the ticket buying audience. so promoters and management have taken the risk with him. Steven is a huge part of GNR's history and will always be known as the real drummer and original member, but sadly they had to "Pete Best" his ass due to well known and long term issues - whether they be back related, his sobriety or maybe just not cutting it on a professional basis. 

There is just too much on the line with these HUGE shows, and tickets have been selling well, so I doubt that the promoters or management have been pushing for Steven to be involved. I think that he still may be a "special guest" at some point, but I would not bet on it. If ticket sales go soft (as I think they may after doubling down in cities like Foxboro) you may have more of a chance of promoters pushing for Steven or Izzy to join. Right now though, everyone is making a LOT of money, so why would they potentially jeopardize their investment by adding a potentially volatile factor?

We have Axl, Slash and Duff as the only original members...which is exactly how many of us first saw the "classic" GNR on the Use Your Illusion Tour. 1991-1993. They are selling out stadiums and they are on everyone's lips and social media. Mission Accomplished to their marketing team and management line of thinking. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

People aren't ragging on for "not being Adler".. They are ragging on his because he drums like shit on half the songs.. If he sounded good people would have moved on.. 

Slash was still shooting up during Velvet Revolver.. They all have issues.. 

Write Adler's contract so he doesn't get paid until after the tour.. 

The people IN THE BAND are happy with Frank. If a junkie that was thrown out of the band 26 years ago, before their biggest tour, is a deal breaker for you, don't buy tickets. But I don't see why so many people feel entitled to have the drummer they want in the band despite all the ways he could derail the band. It's actually mind boggling that Axl Rose and Slash, with Duff, have all gotten back together under the GNR banner and people are complaining that Steven Adler isn't involved. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Dafuq dude, you can't say slash will forever owe Steven a thing because he turned him onto guitar some almost 40 odd years ago and he turned out to be really good at it. 2) No one said Steven fucked up any songs, do your research before you wanna call people out. It was at the airport when they landed in Japan when he went straight to the bar and made a total fool of himself like back in the 80s, that's what Duff was talking about, not on stage moments.

Regardless Steven should be their drummer but for other reasons (because he made slash play guitar is just ridiculous, plus he didn't. He turned him to bass, it was his bass teacher who got him into guitar). He won't relapse if he's back in gnr (this was his dream for 26 years after all, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to believe he'd throw that away and not control himself).

Calm the fuck down, alright?!

The only things I think Slash owe to Steven (and vice versa) are some respect and appreciation, which he clearly has anyways, I'm not demanding him anything. What I meant is that Steven is not some random dude who Slash played a few gigs with, they have a lot of history together.

That stupid Loaded-Adler tour was brought up a thousand times by the same person as an example that Steven would be a risk for the GNR tour. Steven Adler is a drummer so if he went on stage at every show and performed well, then the example doesn't make any sense. I don't give a shit about what he does off stage on his free time. I mean, I do but because I want him to be healthy, not because I'm a judgemental prick.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Calm the fuck down, alright?!

The only things I think Slash owe to Steven (and vice versa) are some respect and appreciation, which he clearly has anyways, I'm not demanding him anything. What I meant is that Steven is not some random dude who Slash played a few gigs with, they have a lot of history together.

That stupid Loaded-Adler tour was brought up a thousand times by the same person as an example that Steven would be a risk for the GNR tour. Steven Adler is a drummer so if he went on stage at every show and performed well, then the example doesn't make any sense. I don't give a shit about what he does off stage on his free time. I mean, I do but because I want him to be healthy, not because I'm a judgemental prick.

I wasn't mad or anything, and in the end I agree with you anyway dude. What he does offstage is his own thing, just like Axl has drinks after shows. But I still doubt that he'll be using any substance at all if he was to be invited to GNR. Anyone that has been reading the forums the last few months knows that modano shows signs of allergic reaction to Steven Adler

In the end Frank has been with them for 10 years and and Axl is ultra loyal to his band members (he even wanted assba to stay). Here's hoping the Adler rehearsal rumours were true and they really checked out, as Duff apparently put it, " what he can handle". Duff is no idiot and knows people want to see Adler behind that drumkit

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

19 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Steven got mad at Slash when he thought Matt was gonna be the drummer on Slash's solo album (it was Josh Fresee after all). Slash told him he would have him in a song if he saw him doing an effort to improve and Steven ended up playing on Baby Can't Drive.

I don't think Slash is desperate to have Steven back full time, just think (and of course I can be wrong) he want him to be involved somehow.

16 hours ago, Modano09 said:

If Steven was in jail he wouldn't be an option but as he's not in jail (not even close to being in jail) he is.... still not an option. Your logic is beyond unbelievable.

If he's given a second chance and fucks up, then he'll never ever be an option agian and it will be his fault. If he's not given that second chance, then it's up to each person's opinion whtether he could pull it off or not, no matter how much you try to claim you're the owner of the truth.

10 hours ago, Modano09 said:

If a junkie that was thrown out of the band 26 years ago, before their biggest tour, is a deal breaker for you, don't buy tickets. But I don't see why so many people feel entitled to have the drummer they want in the band despite all the ways he could derail the band. It's actually mind boggling that Axl Rose and Slash, with Duff, have all gotten back together under the GNR banner and people are complaining that Steven Adler isn't involved. 

Enough of you. Do you even know the singer's name or do you just call him "the bi-polar"?:facepalm:

Also, how many times have I told you I think they have the right to chose to have another drummer and that I wouldn't say Steven necessarily deserves a second chance? My problem with you is that you've been constantly attacking Steven with no reason and repeating this "huge risk theory". Of course I like Steven more than Frank as a drummer but if the band want to go on with him it's their decision, I totally respect it and there's no way I'll miss the chance to see them live.

It's actually mind boggling that Axl and Slash, with Duff, have all gotten together under the GNR banner and you spend a lot more time insulting Steven Adler than showing your happiness/enthusiasm about the "reunion".

16 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wasn't mad or anything, and in the end I agree with you anyway dude. What he does offstage is his own thing, just like Axl has drinks after shows. But I still doubt that he'll be using any substance at all if he was to be invited to GNR. Anyone that has been reading the forums the last few months knows that modano shows signs of allergic reaction to Steven Adler

Ok then :thumbsup:

I'm not that certain that he'll get to stay away from drugs. I think it's possible given the HUGE motivation he would have and the fact that he seems to be working hard to finally leave all that behind but still it's hard to know.

I think this interview of Scott Weiland is really interesting. He explains a lot about his relationship with drugs and even though he was doing well with VR and was hopeful to get clean at that point, he explains how deep inside he never really wanted to quit drugs and how rehab was something he would pretty much do to be able to have that "first fix" once again.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a40198/scott-weiland-interview/

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Steven got mad at Slash when he thought Matt was gonna be the drummer on Slash's solo album (it was Josh Fresee after all). Slash told him he would have him in a song if he saw him doing an effort to improve and Steven ended up playing on Baby Can't Drive.

I don't think Slash is desperate to have Steven back full time, just think (and of course I can be wrong) he want him to be involved somehow.

If Steven was in jail he wouldn't be an option but as he's not in jail (not even close to being in jail) he is.... still not an option. Your logic is beyond unbelievable.

If he's given a second chance and fucks up, then he'll never ever be an option agian and it will be his fault. If he's not given that second chance, then it's up to each person's opinion whtether he could pull it off or not, no matter how much you try to claim you're the owner of the truth.

Enough of you. Do you even know the singer's name or do you just call him "the bi-polar"?:facepalm:

Also, how many times have I told you I think they have the right to chose to have another drummer and that I wouldn't say Steven necessarily deserves a second chance? My problem with you is that you've been constantly attacking Steven with no reason and repeating this "huge risk theory". Of course I like Steven more than Frank as a drummer but if the band want to go on with him it's their decision, I totally respect it and there's no way I'll miss the chance to see them live.

It's actually mind boggling that Axl and Slash, with Duff, have all gotten together under the GNR banner and you spend a lot more time insulting Steven Adler than showing your happiness/enthusiasm about the "reunion".

Ok then :thumbsup:

I'm not that certain that he'll get to stay away from drugs. I think it's possible given the HUGE motivation he would have and the fact that he seems to be working hard to finally leave all that behind but still it's hard to know.

I think this interview of Scott Weiland is really interesting. He explains a lot about his relationship with drugs and even though he was doing well with VR and was hopeful to get clean at that point, he explains how deep inside he never really wanted to quit drugs and how rehab was something he would pretty much do to be able to have that "first fix" once again.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a40198/scott-weiland-interview/

My logic is that if Adler's lifestyle and choices lead to him being in jail right now, he wouldn't be an option, everyone would understand why, and they wouldn't be complaining he's not involved because he just couldn't be. Well it's the same idea. He's not involved because he can't be and he can't be because of his own decisions and lifestyle choices. Not Axl's, not Duff's, not Slash's, his own.  All the "logic" says he shouldn't be involved.