Steven Adler Throws Out Back On 2nd Day Of GN'R Rehearsals - According To Mitch Lafon

Vicky Hamilton Interview - Appetite For Dysfunction

Apr 25, 2016

Author and manager Vicky Hamilton as well as guitarist Lance Lopez join Mitch for episode 214 of One On One With Mitch Lafon

I've transcribed some of the interview below:

Mitch Lafon: Steven Adler was suppose to take part in a limited basis in the Guns N' Roses reunion, goes to rehearsals, second day throws out his back. Boy what bad break for him.  

What are you thoughts on Steven? Because he's been your champion, at the RRHOF he's the one who said hey Vicky. And he's always said in interviews hey Vicky, what does he mean to you?

Vicky Hamilton: Steven has such a sweet spirit to him, when I managed the band he wasn't like messed up on drugs at all. He smoked a little pot...he was kind of the California surfer boy of the band. Always this beaming light of optimism no matter what was going on, he was like there and ready to go.

What has happened recently, I don't know any of the details. I reached out to him yesterday and I haven't heard back. But I love Steven and I love his band Adler. I think it's a really good band. The singer is great, the guitar players are great, the song writing is really good. I can't fault anything he's doing, and he's been sober for a year and a half. That's really really good.

Mitch Lafon: And that's important. We know he's tried to become sober in the past and it's been an up and down battle and so this time it seems to be sticking. You can't ask for more than that. Forget Guns N' Roses, forget Adler, forget all that stuff, his health is number one.

Vicky Hamilton: Yeah, absolutely.

At 19:30:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Grain of salt.  Just because someone heard that he did this second day of rehearsals does not mean it is true.  especially in this quote.

Yep. (edited for mistake)

Edited by stella

4 minutes ago, stella said:

Yep. This is coming from Vicki Hamilton's camp, who has about a 0% accuracy rate on Guns N' Roses related stuff and hasn't been an insider for two decades. She also said Slash told her there wasn't any sort of reunion happening.

It's not coming from Vicky Hamilton's camp.  She says she doesn't know the details and that she's reached out to Steven but has not heard back.

That came from Mitch Lafon.

24 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

It's not coming from Vicky Hamilton's camp.  She says she doesn't know the details and that she's reached out to Steven but has not heard back.

That came from Mitch Lafon.

My bad, I got the quotes mixed up there. I still have a bit of skepticism regarding anything about Adler right now, though. Seems like there's a lot of conflicting info.

Edited by stella

the fact that steven didn't answer vicky could mean that he has the same "sorry, i can't talk" illness like slash and duff...i hope steven get well soon. he have to come back. he is an important piece in this reunion.

Good to hear he was rehearsing with the band if this is true. I'm sure he'll make appearances on the US tour. The way the setlist has been in the shows so far he seems to have a slot ready for him in the encore. Nightrain , OTGM , UTLH , Patience , Paradise City all in the encore over the 7 shows. All AFD and Lies songs and even Don't Cry was around when Adler was there. Just drop The Seeker. Here's hoping he gets his chance. 

40 minutes ago, stella said:

Yep. This is coming from Vicki Hamilton's camp, who has about a 0% accuracy rate on Guns N' Roses related stuff and hasn't been an insider for two decades. She also said Slash told her there wasn't any sort of reunion happening.

she said so, cause slash wrote her that stuff....vicky is a blabbermouth (and want to have money out of it - i'm ok with that-) and slash/steven know that...and cause the band probably signed a "no comment til axl will talk" contract they can only talk gnr lies...

Edited by maxpax

19 minutes ago, maxpax said:

she said so, cause slash wrote her that stuff....vicky is a blabbermouth (and want to have money out of it - i'm ok with that-) and slash/steven know that...and cause the band probably signed a "no comment til axl will talk" contract they can only talk gnr lies...

Oh yeah, all she's doing is capitalizing on the association with GnR she had 30 years ago...she's just looking for attention and promoting herself. Even without a gag order I doubt anyone in the band, or their friends, would trust her as far as they could spit at this point in time. Funky Monkey was right, though, this 2nd day gossip apparently came from Mitch, not Vicki...not that I would trust him either.

Edited by stella

11 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I think it is true, that Adler was to be involved, only to hurt his back.  The question now, is whether or not he can be physically ready  by Summer. 

we will find out in 4 days when he performs with Adler right?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I think it is true, that Adler was to be involved, only to hurt his back.  The question now, is whether or not he can be physically ready  by Summer. 

He is scheduled to play with his band Adler at the M3 Festival on Saturday, April 30th. Someone from his band posted on the official Facebook page on April 19th that they were looking forward to seeing everyone at M3 in a couple weeks. If he actually performs there this Saturday, I don't see any reason he would be physically unable to perform two months down the road unless he re-injures himself.

3 minutes ago, Gun Shy Assassin said:

That would be great if Steven could get healthy and replace Frank as the GNR drummer. Get Izzy involved too and this whole thing becomes much more interesting.

He'll never permanently replace Ferrer nor should he, to be completely honest, but I'm sure he'll have guest appearances which is good enough.