Axl flips the switch heading to europe with AC/DC

gunsguy

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/25/axl-rose-lax-ac-dc-tour/

Axl Rose is on to the next one ... his Guns N' Roses days are done -- for now -- and he's already got AC/DC on the brain.

We just got Axl cruising through LAX on one of those scooter thingys. Broken foot and all, he's jetting off to Europe to join his OTHER band. Of course, Axl is standing in for Brian Johnson during AC/DC's upcoming tour dates ... and he revealed which song he's most looking forward to belting out.

He'll be with AC/DC now through mid-June and then back to GNR to kick off their U.S. tour later that month.

As for the Guns shows at Coachella -- Axl says fans brought their A-game ... on one night, anyway.

Check it out ... he also had a few words about Prince.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/25/axl-rose-lax-ac-dc-tour/#ixzz46tAgypvl

Axl says his fav AC/DC song is this (right now)

Edited by gunsguy

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

If Axl manages to get Angus to add Touch Too Much to the set I'll have a boner for days.

:lol: My sentiments exactly....

"The body of Venus with arms.." Damn, one of Bon's best lines.

Edited by The Archer

I bet it will be played. I think they will highly take Axl's opinions into thought when coming up with setlist especially if it's a song that AC/DC fans have been asking for.

What do you think the odds are that they keep playing things from Rock or Bust? I wouldn't mind cause I like them but I think that is a little odd maybe idk. I would love to hear rock or bust.

Edited by StoneTempleRoses

I just found this part of the forum! Haha I was trying to see what ACDC fans were saying about Axl but it appears they have locked themselves from the world again. 

I don't get the anger for the whole situation. Was ACDC suppose to have a mourning period for their singer who self admits he can't finish the tour? They are going to finish the tour with one of the most infamous rock stars of all time and it looks like they might get some deep cuts. Idk it's not "my" band so I guess my feelings definitely don't resonate with an ACDC fan who have enjoyed watching Brian for 30 years. I really think Axl will bring his best and surprise everyone with his brilliance on stage. I'm actually looking forward to these shows. 

16 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I bet it will be played. I think they will highly take Axl's opinions into thought when coming up with setlist especially if it's a song that AC/DC fans have been asking for.

What do you think the odds are that they keep playing things from Rock or Bust? I wouldn't mind cause I like them but I think that is a little odd maybe idk. I would love to hear rock or bust.

Touch Too Much is one of my favourite AC/DC songs so I'd love them to play it. Re the Rock or Bust material part of me thinks they may just keep the same setlist as before as it would be easier from a rehearsal perspective. It would be great if they made some changes and played any songs that Axl wanted though.

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just found this part of the forum! Haha I was trying to see what ACDC fans were saying about Axl but it appears they have locked themselves from the world again. 

I don't get the anger for the whole situation. Was ACDC suppose to have a mourning period for their singer who self admits he can't finish the tour? They are going to finish the tour with one of the most infamous rock stars of all time and it looks like they might get some deep cuts. Idk it's not "my" band so I guess my feelings definitely don't resonate with an ACDC fan who have enjoyed watching Brian for 30 years. I really think Axl will bring his best and surprise everyone with his brilliance on stage. I'm actually looking forward to these shows. 

I find the backlash a bit over the top to be honest. Perhaps it's because of Axl's reputation, I hope he'll turn up on time because people who aren't diehard GN'R fans won't be as forgiving! I imagine he won't want to annoy the AC/DC guys though. I mean, if what Eddie Trunk says is true about it not fully being about hearing issues then I get it. However, the official information as it stands is that Brian has been told by doctors to stop touring. I think it's understandable that the band would want to finish the tour as I imagine that it would cost them a lot of money to pull out. As refunds are now available it'll be interesting to see how many people do get their money back and how full the stadiums are. I imagine that even if a large number of people claim refunds that there will be enough GN'R fans/people that are just curious to see how it will be who will want to buy tickets. Before the news about Brian and AXL/DC broke I was hoping more tickets would get released as I missed out when they went on sale so I'm happy that they have and I imagine others are in the same boat.

This is probably it for AC/DC and many were speculating this would be their last tour anyway so I'm guessing people will want to go for one last hurrah. I'm lucky enough to have seen the band at the Download Festival in 2010 with Phil, Malcolm and Brian so I imagine if you're a young kid going to your first AC/DC show you may be disappointed with Brian's departure. I personally can't wait! Whilst I'd obviously prefer Brian to be there, Axl has shown he's great at singing AC/DC songs and it'll be a way to win over the haters. Axl's the perfect choice really. I wouldn't have still been interested in getting a ticket if it had been someone else. I imagine that these shows will be great PR for Axl. He's singing well and it seems he gets on stage on time these days so I can't see the audience not liking it. Especially as those who feel really strongly about it can get refunds.

17 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

This is Angus we're talking about - the guy who hasn't changed the core setlist since 1991. :lol:

The Rock or Bust stuff will still be played. I reckon maybe a change or two but otherwise it will be exactly the same. I'd love to be wrong though!

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

This is Angus we're talking about - the guy who hasn't changed the core setlist since 1991. :lol:

The Rock or Bust stuff will still be played. I reckon maybe a change or two but otherwise it will be exactly the same. I'd love to be wrong though!

True, but this is the Angus who just guested with Guns, albeit to do his own band's songs - and I don't think he's done anything like this for anyone except the Stones.

But hey, guess what? They played Riff Raff - with Angus! I'm really hopeful that with Axl on board, they will shake up the setlist for the fans - given the dog a bone, so to speak. I seriously don't think Axl is going to pass up on the chance to sing some of the classics either. Heck, if he sings Riff Raff with Guns for fun and his favorite song 'right now' is Touch too much, we know that he really enjoys the old songs. Bring on Kicked in the Teeth!!!

Edited by The Archer

2 hours ago, The Archer said:

True, but this is the Angus who just guested with Guns, albeit to do his own band's songs - and I don't think he's done anything like this for anyone except the Stones.

But hey, guess what? They played Riff Raff - with Angus! I'm really hopeful that with Axl on board, they will shake up the setlist for the fans - given the dog a bone, so to speak. I seriously don't think Axl is going to pass up on the chance to sing some of the classics either. Heck, if he sings Riff Raff with Guns for fun and his favorite song 'right now' is Touch too much, we know that he really enjoys the old songs. Bring on Kicked in the Teeth!!!

But he's still also the same Angus who didn't bring back Moneytalks, their biggest hit in North America, when Chris Slade returned. ;) 

I so hope they mix it up though. Axl will probably do better on the Bon stuff anyways. It's a great excuse to revisit some of those gems. The Brian hits will have to stay but there's no reason a few extra Bon songs can't be squeezed in.

A Brian gem that would make an appropriate choice would be Guns For Hire. That'd be great as a slogan the inevitable AXL/DC shirt too.

• Like 1

Not really the topic for it, but a couple posts made me think about it.

If the tables were turned, and Axl couldn't finish a bunch of dates for GNR, who would you want to fill in? Hard question :)

On topic - quite looking forward to hearing Axl sing with ACDC, in fact, I can't wait. Hopefully he'll have the boot off by the time ACDC shows start and is mobile again. I'd imagine regarding setlists, they'll need to consider Axl's voice (range, fitness, nuances  etc) as well as general crowd pleases.

13 hours ago, James Bond said:

It would be really, really tongue in cheek for Axl to be singing Guns for Hire. I think that he has enough of a sense of fun to do it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Not really the topic for it, but a couple posts made me think about it.

If the tables were turned, and Axl couldn't finish a bunch of dates for GNR, who would you want to fill in? Hard question :)

On topic - quite looking forward to hearing Axl sing with ACDC, in fact, I can't wait. Hopefully he'll have the boot off by the time ACDC shows start and is mobile again. I'd imagine regarding setlists, they'll need to consider Axl's voice (range, fitness, nuances  etc) as well as general crowd pleases.

Sebastian Bach finished a show in 06 for Axl, but I'm not sure who could really come close to Axl, I get that people say that about Brian and Bon but Axl sounds closer to Bon and right now I can't imagine any one coming that close to Axl...so I guess Bach would have to do it 

Edited by IncitingChaos

On April 26, 2016 at 8:32 AM, James Bond said:

It was rehearsed and on the "extras" for the set list on the SUL tour but sadly never made the cut.

What else was on the extras set for SUL? That's news to me. But considering the SUL tour gave us Ride On, Up To My Neck In You, What Do You Do For Money Honey, Get It Hot, and Problem Child, I imagine the other songs that got rehearsed had to be pretty fucking exciting.

26 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

What else was on the extras set for SUL? That's news to me. But considering the SUL tour gave us Ride On, Up To My Neck In You, What Do You Do For Money Honey, Get It Hot, and Problem Child, I imagine the other songs that got rehearsed had to be pretty fucking exciting.

Gone Shootin and Can't Stand Still if my memory serves me correctly. Overall though there wasn't much to complain about the rarities on that tour! I still say the biggest "rehearsed but not played" crime goes to Riff Raff on the TRE tour. That would have been a monster version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Gone Shootin and Can't Stand Still if my memory serves me correctly. Overall though there wasn't much to complain about the rarities on that tour! I still say the biggest "rehearsed but not played" crime goes to Riff Raff on the TRE tour. That would have been a monster version.

There's still time to resurrect that mistake ;)

• Like 1

On 4/28/2016 at 9:27 PM, The Archer said:

It would be really, really tongue in cheek for Axl to be singing Guns for Hire. I think that he has enough of a sense of fun to do it.

lmao i never thought of that

that would be hilarious and i hope it happens...its the perfect hooray for tolerance!

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1