Axl Rose On TMZ

12 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

Not sure what people expect of a 54 year old Axl Rose.   I think he is doing good.   You can tell he was somewhat annoyed by the paparazzi, but who wouldn't be.   At least he played along.

Axl hates the pap.   He does go out in public, just places where he knows he won't run into pap.    LAX- I think they are building a wing/entrance for celebs to avoid that crap (although the Kanye's and Biebers of the world will still go through the entrance that is open to the pap).

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

I think it has to do with the before and afters. Look at Duff in 1992 and then look at him now. Sure, he's wearing some lines on his face and stuff, but in some ways, the guy looks BETTER than he did then. Axl, on the other hand, was a sex symbol back in the early 90's. He was on every woman's "to do" list. When you compare his 1991/1993 self to now, it's the opposite of Duff. He just hasn't taken care of himself like Duff has. 

It's his choice and I wouldn't fault him for it. But I think that's where the criticism comes from.

Axl's looks from the 90's are IMPOSSIBLE to keep as a 54 years old man. The guy was a sex symbol because he was basically walking around half naked on stage, wearing provocative clothes and sexually provoking everyone.

How would he pull that now? You think he should go back to wear the white bikers? Grow his hair past his shoulders like Sebastian Bach?

We don't know why he put on weight during certain periods of his life. He's been really skinny, then muscular and bloated, then fit and normal, then chubby, then skinny again, in 2014 he sported a huge belly and now he's lost quite some pounds. Maybe he has a condition and it is not that easy to lose a lot of weight for him.

Comparison with Duff is unfair, they have different body structure, Duff is tall AF, while Axl tends to be a small guy.

I'm a female, most of the time heterosexual (lol) and I find him very attractive nowadays. Yes, I wish he'd lose a bit more of that gut he's grown but all in all I think he's still got it. Besides, looks are not all that make a person attractive :)

• Like 3

Some of y'all are what the kids call "sweet." Or maybe you had a man crush on this man in his heydays and are severely disappointed by the effects of time on people.

If he looks bloated in the face it's most likely from the pain pills he has gotten for the broken foot. Anyone that's been injured like that know percocet/oxy/whatever causes constipation. He didn't look that bad in the Troubadour video. But besides, who cares? He looks healthier than he did 3 years ago, is genuinely happier and taking over the world again. As fans that's all you can ask for.

Edited by tajandreas

1 minute ago, Original said:

As opposed to saying "get away jackass" and being a big negative story 

It's not a pap thing. Show me one pic with fans where he's looking happy. I've seen none. I think he hates having his pic taken, either with paps or fans.

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's not a pap thing. Show me one pic with fans where he's looking happy. I've seen none. I think he hates having his pic taken, either with paps or fans.

Paps- he hates.  Fan pics- he tolerates.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Slash hates pics as well. He dissimulates better, though. :lol:

Btw, watching this pic I can't stop imagining someone said "hey Axl, just heard Taco Bell is closing forever" :P

Yeah, yeah, we all know it already. Axl's fat, Axl's old, Axl's ugly, Axl's bald, whatever. Why do we even give a shit? It's not like we're planning on, like, fucking him anyway, are we?

Anyway, that was a sweet little "interview". Hoping for a real one within the foreseeable future.

There are so many robots here who lack the ability to think beyond superficial matters, that bash Axl's looks. It is absolutely ridiculous. I thought that the rock and metal community was supposed to be the one that didn't ridicule people for the way that they looked or dressed? This just proves that a lot of the 'fans' (hipsters) are in it for the looks or image and don't give a shit about the music. 

It seems like only in the rock and gay community, will you find grown men casting judgement over a band based on how they look. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 3

Holy hell, people.  The guy is 54, looks normal for someone of 54, and atop that, was at one point in his life better looking than 99% of the population.  Cut him some slack, he's just some dude when it comes down to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

There are so many robots here who lack the ability to think beyond superficial matters, that bash Axl's looks. It is absolutely ridiculous. I thought that the rock and metal community was supposed to be the one that didn't ridicule people for the way that they looked or dressed? This just proves that a lot of the 'fans' (hipsters) are in it for the looks or image and don't give a shit about the music. 

It seems like only in the rock and gay community, will you find grown men casting judgement over a band based on how they look. 

I think the truth is many people idolized the band for their "look" more than the music, and some of those people are revealing their selves in this discussion lol. I'm happy I'm not in the public eye like these guys are. Some of us age gracefully, some don't. Regardless, it's about the music, and right now he sounds great.

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl's looks from the 90's are IMPOSSIBLE to keep as a 54 years old man. The guy was a sex symbol because he was basically walking around half naked on stage, wearing provocative clothes and sexually provoking everyone.

It's just stupid excuse, oh he is 54 give him a break blah blah. Just look at Lenny Kravitz he is 51 and same height like Axl and have body like 20 year old, so point is if you take care of your body you can look great in your 50's.

39 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

It's just stupid excuse, oh he is 54 give him a break blah blah. Just look at Lenny Kravitz he is 51 and same height like Axl and have body like 20 year old, so point is if you take care of your body you can look great in your 50's.

Man, I hope you have stellar genetics, because in the case that you don't you're going to learn a real hard lesson as you age lol.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, andyshores said:

Man, I hope you have stellar genetics, because in the case that you don't you're going to learn a real hard lesson as you age lol.

It's not all about genetics, you can have great genetics but if you eat taco bell and mcdonald's and drink like crazy you will look like shit.

16 hours ago, Gun Shy Assassin said:

Fernando looks really cool in that picture. Is he part of Axl's security force?

Cool?! I was thinking the exact opposite... :wacko:

Anyway, Axl is mostly fine. If he lost a bit of weight and grew his hair out a bit longer, he'd look quite good for his age. And I think it's cute how he's crusing around with his scooter, but agree that he seemed a little out of it/medicated. Might just annoyed by the paps though or something.