DJ Ashba: Axl Rose Wanted Me To Be A Part Of Guns N' Roses Reunion

Ashba, meanwhile, says the biggest thing driving him forward this time around is that they have so much to prove.  

“We’re leaving two of the biggest bands in the world to commit to this full time,” he says. “Motley Crue were insanely big, and Guns N’ Roses too. We could’ve carried on with those things but it’s in our nature to push hard and do something else.”

http://nativemonster.com/music/bands-and-gigs/band-interviews/interview-sixxam-decide-they-have-big-future-ahead-of-download

1 hour ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Ashba, meanwhile, says the biggest thing driving him forward this time around is that they have so much to prove.  

“We’re leaving two of the biggest bands in the world to commit to this full time,” he says. “Motley Crue were insanely big, and Guns N’ Roses too. We could’ve carried on with those things but it’s in our nature to push hard and do something else.”

http://nativemonster.com/music/bands-and-gigs/band-interviews/interview-sixxam-decide-they-have-big-future-ahead-of-download

So why are they then producing generic shit?

Oh cmon, Slash would have veto'ed that wouldn't he...or does he have any say on anything. But then again, maybe he would have let Ashba do the SCOM main riff and Patience solo just for the heck of it.

But that would have been horrible.

17 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

How amazing of dj. What a sacrifice he's making. Let's all buy sixxxxxxxxxxAM swag and dad-rock music now. 

10 hours ago, Teroz said:

Oh cmon, Slash would have veto'ed that wouldn't he...or does he have any say on anything. But then again, maybe he would have let Ashba do the SCOM main riff and Patience solo just for the heck of it.

But that would have been horrible.

I would imagine ashba would be playing the solos on Chinese like Fortus did and would be doing the jams but, that would probably be it. Seeing slash share solos on November rain and estranged would be a tough sell. Makes sense from Ashbas perspective to leave really..

44 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Yea, I think if he stuck around it would have been Slash doing what he's doing now, Ashba doing what Fortus does now, and Fortus doing just rhythm.

It's too horrible to even think about. 

Ashba really got on my nerves when I saw gnr in 2010/12, him and fortus with the fake rock star moves.

i just watched Tommy or bumblefoot when Axl wasn't there.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

So what's the real story then? According to those "in the know (no disrespect intended)" Axl got Slash and Duff back after DJ left as something of a last resort (:lol:), now DJ's claiming Slash and Duff were invited back before he even left the band. Interesting.

I guess you can say he walked away from a pretty big and easy payday. Then again, reports seem to indicate everybody in the current band that's not Axl, Slash, and Duff are getting paid in the ball park of what they were getting paid beforehand. So maybe DJ thought Sixx was more worthy of his time. I find it extremely hard to believe DJ left just to be humble. It probably just wasn't worth it for him, especially being knocked down from the spot light. Nevertheless, he's gone forever, and however that happened doesn't matter. I'm warm and fuzzy inside.

11 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

Can we stop talking about this emo blemish on the GNR name now please?

He's FINALLY gone, let us never speak of it again.

Seriously.

ok ok. we get it. we won't mention him ever again.

from now on, we're bringing positivity back.

I heard pitman has been sober for 2 months now. time for a reunion?

Just now, action said:

ok ok. we get it. we won't mention him ever again.

from now on, we're bringing positivity back.

I heard pitman has been sober for 2 months now. time for a reunion?

Absolutely, Sixx Am is in dire need of a sub bass player.