AXL/DC Rehearsal video

goneshootin

8 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Its great. Hopefully they play a lot of songs who fits Axls voice. 

I was worried about how he'd do Brian songs, but these two videos instill a lot of confidence in me that he'll be able to do any AC/DC song complete justice.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I was always convinced that nobody on this planet could pull off Thunderstruck. Not just the notes, but the rasp and attitude behind it. I've heard so many shitty versions of it over the years by various AC/DC tribute singers and it never came close. Axl surpassed all expectations in that clip. Holy fuck. He sounds incredible. To think this is the same Axl that gave us Rio 2011 and Bridge School...

Motivation is an important factor for an emotionally volatile person like Axl Rose. When he is motivated and emotionally engaged, he has potential to kick ass. I just hope he doesn't go overboard for AC/DC and then struggle with GN'R. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Motivation is an important factor for an emotionally volatile person like Axl Rose. When he is motivated and emotionally engaged, he has potential to kick ass. I just hope he doesn't go overboard for AC/DC and then struggle with GN'R. 

Is it wrong that I almost hope he does go overboard? I mean, there will be more GN'R tours, but there probably won't be more Axl/DC tours. I'd rather see him give it his all for a once in a lifetime thing, rather than play it safe so he can give it his all for his main gig.

• Like 3

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Is it wrong that I almost hope he does go overboard? I mean, there will be more GN'R tours, but there probably won't be more Axl/DC tours. I'd rather see him give it his all for a once in a lifetime thing, rather than play it safe so he can give it his all for his main gig.

I understand what you are saying, but you need to realize the vast majority of GN'R ticket buyers have never seen them or last saw them 23+ years ago. It would be a shame if Axl is in full Mickey Mouse mode for that audience. They are paying huge money to see GN'R. They deserve to hear Axl's real voice. I am hoping AC/DC just gets him warmed up. 

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Is it wrong that I almost hope he does go overboard? I mean, there wmore GN'R tours, but there prob ably won't be more ACDC tours. I'd rather see him gi ve it his all for a once in a lifetime thing, rather than play it safe so he can give it his all for his main gig.

Imo, Yes! I hope both tours are vocally fantastic but he needs to give 100% for GnR. If he can maintain his Current voice all will be fine, but to give 100% for ACDC and to half ass the first big reunion tour would be bullshit. Not In This Lifetime is the biggest tour of their life, he has to nail it.

Luckily theres no indication he will fuck this up on either tour yet. I think he can actually pull this off

44 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I was always convinced that nobody on this planet could pull off Thunderstruck. Not just the notes, but the rasp and attitude behind it. I've heard so many shitty versions of it over the years by various AC/DC tribute singers and it never came close. Axl surpassed all expectations in that clip. Holy fuck. He sounds incredible. To think this is the same Axl that gave us Rio 2011 and Bridge School...

Axl clearly worked his ass off to prepare fir the reunion, i fully believe the ACDC shows will be great too

I wonder why the original poster is removing the video. It's great advertisement for people on the fence about going..that voice is unbelievable. 

The guy who posted this on Twitter also said Axl's voice was much better than the gigs in April so the expectations are rising! I think the fans will love him though 

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Agreed on how tough that song is to sing. Axl sounds great in rehearsals. Even Brian himself has struggled a lot with it over the last 10+ years. Marc Storace is the guy who sounds exactly like Bon Scott and he struggled on this version of Thunderstruck:

4 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Agreed on how tough that song is to sing. Axl sounds great in rehearsals. Even Brian himself has struggled a lot with it over the last 10+ years. Marc Storace is the guy who sounds exactly like Bon Scott and he struggled on this version of Thunderstruck:

What. The. Hell. I just heard Bon Scott sing Thunderstruck. Now that's something new. I hope ACDC bring out some guests like this guy or Steven Tyler, that would be epic!

Edited by StrangerInThisTown