AXL/DC Rehearsal video

goneshootin

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I could watch that clip all day, Axl is doing the song such justice with his tone and voice. It's perfect. If you're an ACDC fan you can be mad at Angus all day but there is now way you can knock Axl if his vocals are hitting like this on Saturday 

You can respect his effort while refusing to accept it as AC/DC. Imagine if Alan Niven got his way and Axl was fired circa 1989. I don't think anyone would accept it as GN'R even if the replacement did an amazing job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Is it wrong that I almost hope he does go overboard? I mean, there will be more GN'R tours, but there probably won't be more Axl/DC tours. I'd rather see him give it his all for a once in a lifetime thing, rather than play it safe so he can give it his all for his main gig.

So what you're saying is Axl is going to jump from the "Once In This Lifetime" tour to the "Not In This Lifetime" tour. ;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

You can respect his effort while refusing to accept it as AC/DC. Imagine if Alan Niven got his way and Axl was fired circa 1989. I don't think anyone would accept it as GN'R even if the replacement did an amazing job. 

I see your point but then the focus of anger should remain on Angus. Axl is just an easy scapegoat bc of his history...people calling him the destroyer of bands and what not should lay off a bit.  He's not the new ACDC singer he's simply getting them to the finish line on this tour. It's going to be a big moment in Rock history when Axl takes the stage on Saturday. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Obsession Of Vanity said:

Imagine if Angus got Axl to record. Johnson doesn't write anymore anyway, Angus does all the lyrics and shit too. Axl could get paid well to just show up to a studio, sing, and leave.

From hiring guns to hired gun, the Axl Rose story!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

I was always convinced that nobody on this planet could pull off Thunderstruck. Not just the notes, but the rasp and attitude behind it. I've heard so many shitty versions of it over the years by various AC/DC tribute singers and it never came close. Axl surpassed all expectations in that clip. Holy fuck. He sounds incredible. To think this is the same Axl that gave us Rio 2011 and Bridge School...

In that style of singing, Axl is still one of the best singers in the world. Cornell also has that raspy Plant like vibe to his voice, but Axl's is more versatile. His range and timber fits the AC/DC material.

Also, Axl gonna be living the dream playing with Angus, I think it's possible he'll get too excited but if he won't go completely overboard all that singing could mean his voice will be warmed up for the Guns shows. It's only 10 shows or so with AC/DC and it's not Guns tunes so not as challenging although challenging enough.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

And the video just shot up to 15,000 views

edit: 5 min later it's at 19,000...did Rolling Stone or someone famous share the video

Yeah I wanna know too since I upload it. Never thought it's gonna be so many views. And it's the first time I upload anything on youtube :D

Edited by danijel00
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

Yeah I wanna know too since I upload it. Never thought it's gonna be so many views. And it's the first time I upload anything on youtube :D

I'm glad you got it on YouTube. I was on Twitter last night and searched Axl and saw that video from the guy who posted it. I was surprised it wasn't on here yet considering it was 6 hours old but then I guess he removed the video after being bugged for more videos...so it could have been lost had it not been for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm glad you got it on YouTube. I was on Twitter last night and searched Axl and saw that video from the guy who posted it. I was surprised it wasn't on here yet considering it was 6 hours old but then I guess he removed the video after being bugged for more videos...so it could have been lost had it not been for you. 

Yeah, I was suprised it wasn't anywhere on youtube and then I said oh what the hell, I'll put it....just, one guy worried me that my youtube account can be deleted because of that video..hope he's wrong hm

1 minute ago, danijel00 said:

Yeah, I was suprised it wasn't anywhere on youtube and then I said oh what the hell, I'll put it....just, one guy worried me that my youtube account can be deleted because of that video..hope he's wrong hm

Your account won't be deleted. Worst case is video gets removed. Not likely either. It's 30 seconds and sounds great. Axl and Angus should be glad if it goes viral. Good publicity for the tour. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

The YouTube video is nearly at 10,000 views...that's pretty good for a 24 hour video of pavement that last 30 seconds haha clearly there's interest in Axl and ACDC. I wish their forum was open so we could read some of the big time fans opinion. 

This.. that bothered me they shut it down. I am a member but the email I signed up with a long time ago I don't use anymore and no access. So gotta remember my pw. But yea shutting off your forum so others can't see pi**ed me off. I get extra traffic but we deal with that here.

3 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

Not unless the guy from Twitter ask YouTube to remove it. Luckily gnr management can't get involved in this, but I'm pretty sure your fine. Worst case scenario they will delete the video 

9 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

....just, one guy worried me that my youtube account can be deleted because of that video..hope he's wrong hm

That was Brian Johnson. He's a detractor, pay no attention.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

This.. that bothered me they shut it down. I am a member but the email I signed up with a long time ago I don't use anymore and no access. So gotta remember my pw. But yea shutting off your forum so others can't see pi**ed me off. I get extra traffic but we deal with that here.

They are worried we will quote them on here I guess, meanwhile they make fun of us for our comments. But oh well I like that this forum stays open, people actually come here first for gnr info 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Fuck, this is going to be so amazing. Fuck all those whiny bitches over at AC/DC Fans, this is literally shaping up to be maybe the best incarnation of AC/DC since the Bon era. And I say that as a massive Brian fan.

Malcolm, Phil and Brian all gone and it's the best since the Bon era?   I don't think so.

• Like 2

Brian released ten studio albums with AC/DC, one of them a masterpiece, quite a few of them good, and played countless tours and you lot are saying 'this is the greatest line-up since Bon' because of a little clip of Thunderstruck? What the hell!

This is just a contingency thing, a second choice path-up to fill some dates. It can never remotely be considered better than Brian era for multiple reasons.

Total insult to Brian in truth/