AXL/DC Rehearsal video

goneshootin

'Ere's a one for ya how would everyone feel hypothetically speaking if Axl does the first batch of DC shows starts the Guns tour & halfway through can't sing (stay with me) so to complete the U.S. dates Slash & Duff call in a guest vocalist would you be cool with that ? or would you want a refund ? after all its not what you bought your ticket to see. I can see why DC fans are pissed off about this would you feel the same ?

8 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

'Ere's a one for ya how would everyone feel hypothetically speaking if Axl does the first batch of DC shows starts the Guns tour & halfway through can't sing (stay with me) so to complete the U.S. dates Slash & Duff call in a guest vocalist would you be cool with that ? or would you want a refund ? after all its not what you bought your ticket to see. I can see why DC fans are pissed off about this would you feel the same ?

Short of Axl passing away, I don't ever see Slash/Duff being able to replace Axl in GN'R since he owns the name. This is a better question for Velvet Revolver fans.

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Short of Axl passing away, I don't ever see Slash/Duff being able to replace Axl in GN'R since he owns the name. This is a better question for Velvet Revolver fans.

So the tour would be scrapped & rightly so. I'm sure this is why the DC fans feel so bad after 35 years in the band Brian has served his time & should be irreplaceable. IF Brian is/was unable to continue then the tour should have been scrapped.

Just now, AFD5 said:

So the tour would be scrapped & rightly so. I'm sure this is why the DC fans feel so bad after 35 years in the band Brian has served his time & should be irreplaceable. IF Brian is/was unable to continue then the tour should have been scrapped.

That's a valid point of view and I have no problem people seeing it that way. But, not all the hardcore AC/DC fans see it that way and I consider myself one. Just as I was comfortable with Axl continuing as the only AfD5 line-up member with GN'R, I'm totally comfortable (and needless to say, thrilled since I'm a GN'R/Axl fan) with AC/DC continuing with Axl.

7 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Brian is not in the same position as Axl just because he is a singer. Don't get me wrong I love Brian and his contributions to the band but AC/DC is all about Angus while GN'R is all about Axl now. Can you see the difference between him and Axl?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

I understand what people are saying I can see all sides I just hope everything works out ok I.e. Axl doesn't take too much on. He's obviously going to be going for it to try & win over the DC crowd I just hope he doesn't overdue it & it's "A Touch To Much" I'm as curious as the next person to see if this works I guess we've only a few days to wait & see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Archer said:

It's sad to see the precipitous fall that Brian's live performances have taken. I mean, it's been a slow steady climb down over the years, followed by a jump off the cliff.

Even a couple of years ago, he was pretty good, though nowhere near spectacular...

It's very sad, but Father Time catches up to all of us. It's amazing he was able to sing like that for so many years. I just hope Brian can receive good medical treatment for his hearing and have a normal life at this point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm interested to hear Angus discuss Axl. They must be hitting it off pretty good if they are moving forward like this. I think they will feed off each other quite well

Angus has played with some great frontmen so his opinion of Axl will be interesting

Angus makes for a terrible interview, he is perhaps the worst rock star to sit and listen to talking about his music. I'd be surprised if he could describe Axl in a sentence that contained more than 4-5 words, something like:

"Axl is great yeah sure".

He speaks best through his guitar and his on stage persona and I'm very curious about that dynamic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think AC/DC made the right choice in singer in Axl Rose.

No one can replace Brian, but everyone thought no one would replace Bonn, but shit happens and a band has to do what it has to do!

If AC/DC comes to my town, I'm definitely going to see them with Axl.

Not to be a disappointment, but there's no "if they come to my town" about this - in total there's 22 already scheduled dates (12 in Europe, 10 yet to be rescheduled in the States). If none of those are near you, then that's it for Axl/DC.

• Like 3

I think Axl sounds great.  Hells Bells is my least favorite ACDC song though.  I wish we would get some If you Want Blood or High Voltage. 

But seriously, these past few years I thought Axl's voice was finished.  So relieved it's not, and that he is clear eyed and practicing with heart and soul.  Good for him.

21 minutes ago, gnrsucksdotcom said:

Hey. He was unbelievable. Too good to be true. The songs I heard were:

THUNDERSTRUCK 
Sin city
Shot down in flames
You shook me all night long
Rock N Roll Train
TNT
Hells Bells
High Voltage 
Back in Black

thanks dude